Help—I need to lose

Options
I’ve been using the app for awhile. I’ve been biking (stationary) average 3-4 days a week 30 min. I lost 10 and gained back 5. I’ve increased my water intake. I feel like I need RULES! I know I shouldn’t “diet” but the freedom is too much for me to handle—anyone have any insight? Btw, I’m late 30’s female—post hysterectomy using estrogen patch.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using the app for awhile. I’ve been biking (stationary) average 3-4 days a week 30 min. I lost 10 and gained back 5. I’ve increased my water intake. I feel like I need RULES! I know I shouldn’t “diet” but the freedom is too much for me to handle—anyone have any insight? Btw, I’m late 30’s female—post hysterectomy using estrogen patch.

How long is a while? It could well be normal fluctuations...
  • gethealthy_9
    gethealthy_9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The app—since July. Biking since March
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Whether you call it diet or lifestyle, you need to find something that you'll actually keep doing consistently over time.

If you are more comfortable with rules, you can find a structured diet that you like. The point is to find something that you can comfortably follow that puts your calories and nutrition where you want them to be. That can be 100% someone else's diet plan, 100% something that you crafted, or anywhere in between.

Is there a diet that you sort-of like but it doesn't quite work with your lifestyle and the way you like to eat? Start with that and then make small changes one at a time to customize it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Log your food. Use a kitchen food scale to weigh your food and calorific drinks. Be honest. Be accurate. Knowledge is power. Whatever you do, don't listen to me.