Girls saying they have a 'type'

Options

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a physical "type" that will always catch my eye, but I've dated all sorts. Oddly, an improbably high percentage of my serious relationships have been with guys who are left-handed and/or adopted (usually both). So apparently I'm either drawn to them or they're drawn to me.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you make a lot of money, you become a lot of girls 'type'.

That's not true. If a guy so much as hints at how much he makes, I become leery of dating him.... :yawn:
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I used to think I have a type, I usually date the bigger, rugby player type but am realising as I get older and come into contact with more people, that this is less set now. I have a lot of skinny male friends who are incredibly attractive that I would never have even looked twice at a few years ago, and are also the exact apposite of my other half.

people change, as do your tastes, I will always find the slightly larger man attractive I am sure but am surprised by the fairly recent appreciation for skinny men.

Do you think that something's happened to you in the last 1-2 years had any effect on your change in taste, possibly an increase in self esteem? Something I've noticed is that my female friends who lose weight or are validated sexually tend to increase their 'standards', and being thin or fit tends to make a difference in a guy's value. Just a high thought...

I hate it when people refer to going for a more physically fit guy as increasing their standards. The scale is made up of so much more than physical attributes. Intelligence, kindness, a work ethic, being family oriented, common interest, and being responsible are so much more important than any physical attribute. Ultimately physical attributes will all go away, he will not be strong, his hair will not be cool, his butt will look aweful in the dad jeans, his six pack will become a keg, and you will be left with all the other items on the scale.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

That's not true. If a guy so much as hints at how much he makes, I become leery of dating him.... :yawn:

Sounds like you've been dealing with amateurs. Real pros like me do it like this

mtal5iR.gif
  • RJ0524583
    Options

Sounds like you've been dealing with amateurs. Real pros like me do it like this

mtal5iR.gif

That's a great gif
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    I don't have a type. If you can make me smile, will listen to me, and support me, then that's what i'm attracted to. I don't have a physical "type". It's all emotional/mental.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Koreans and Japanese men, or any men with feminine or "pretty" features while still straight and manly. :)
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ive never had a body type preference. Withe very single one of my boyfriends, i was friends with them first. Personality trumps looks everytime. Ive dated every kind of body type all because i fancied them, not their body. I like big, i like small, i like muscly.

My husband was big and now he has lost weight and is a healthy size but to be honest it doesnt really matter to me, he is healthy and happy and i love him :smile:
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    If all men are created equal...why are women so picky.
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have always been attracted to men with dark hair and at least some "scruff" in the facial hair department and have only ever deviated from that once, and only because he was ridiculously nice, but it didn't last long. Other than a strong aversion to very skinny men, I never really had a "type" in regard to body.

My ex-husband, who I found reasonably attractive and at least matched my "dark hair and facial hair" criteria, was nearly a half a foot shorter than I was and, towards the end of our marriage, 50 pound heavier.

I am fortunate that my boyfriend of over a year not only meets my own criteria for drop-dead gorgeous but also is considered a good-looking man by almost any standard both in face and form, but that makes me lucky, not shallow.

Then again, considering how much I love to look at him, maybe it does make me shallow.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If all men are created equal...why are women so picky.

men are created equal, their wallets aren't
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options

My goal in life is to seduce some single, childless, billionaire octogenarian and wind up inheriting his entire fortune.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't have a body "type" that I stick to. Sure I have a preference. I like tall, lean but muscular types with dark hair and light eyes. I'd say probably only 10% of all the people I've dated actually fell into that type.

I do however have a personality type I go for. I like smart guys with a sense of humor. Those are two things I need out of a significant other and I won't settle for someone who doesn't have those two things.

My boyfriend of 4 years is tall, lean and muscular but he's blond with light eyes. I actually love his blond hair because it keeps some mystery as far as what our kids will look like. I have dark hair/eyes so it's a toss up what our kids will look like which I like. He is definitely smart and has a good sense of humor though and that's what matters.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it depends on what you want from that person; i.e: sex or relationship. Purely on a sexual level ,I would want someone with big muscles, relatively tall (or taller than me), and an attractive face with good teeth lol . When it comes to relationships, however, I find myself looking for stability and maturity, something that alot of men that I have met,who have better physical attributes didnt have. Clearly everything is a personal preference, but for the fact that people sometimes end up with individuals that are the opposites of what they say their "type" is, there is usually another aspect of that person that you found attractive -- it could be a physical attribute, or their personality, or their presence, or their overall nice-ness or mean-ness to the general population.

In my experience, the men that I've wanted relationships with are a blend of sense of humor similar to mine, overall nice person to everyone, and is handsome or cute to my own standards. Some of them have been taller than me, shorter than me, and my height. Some were skinny, overweight and everything in between! lol .

When it comes down to something serious, it just depends on the whole package and certain "flaws" are overlooked ... when it comes to just sex or something physical, thats when people tend to go with their "types"
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My 'type' doesn't involve a Y chromosome, other than that I'm not too picky.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

My goal in life is to seduce some single, childless, billionaire octogenarian and wind up inheriting his entire fortune.

omg hahaha I don't know how I feel about this

when you find him, call me when he dies we can run away together.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Smart, pretty, funny, and willing.

Or just willing.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I like very strong hands on type of guys. Having tattoos is a plus.

But honestly, I don't we ever end up with our "type" of person.
  • violetlattice
    Options
    Gotta say, I like my men tall, skinny and sarcastic. Dark hair will always be hot, and I like someone who I can have a decent debate with. I don't really care for overly sincere guys (you know the type) who take themselves too seriously - and someone who doesn't mind me laughing at/with them. Anyone who patronizes me can take a long walk off a short pier, as far as I'm concerned.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Chubby nerds for me.