Anyone Weigh in Every Day?

Options
JonsieMcJones
JonsieMcJones Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I was considering it, to track how I'm losing, but I'm not sure if it's wise. Anyone who actually weighs in every day?

Replies

• kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's wise or not, but I do it. I've always done it when trying to lose weight. I like to see my progress daily:) even if it's a lil bit!
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    I try not to. its can get unhealthy and demotivating.
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So far I've weight in for 195 days straight but I know not to worry about the fluctuations cause at I still end up getting the half pound a week average.
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, it's part of my routine.....get up, have a wee, wash my hands, weigh, have a shower etc.

I find I'm less hung up on the actual number as long as the trend of the numbers are going in the right direction. :)

I'm not sure it necessarily makes a difference :)
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're easily frustrated. At first, the ups and downs used to bum me out, but I only log once or twice a week to remind me that I've losing.
  • MissAubreyA
    Options
    If you're easily demotivated, I wouldn't suggest it. Normal daily fluctuations for women can be many pounds, and totally unrelated to anything you are doing or not doing.

That said, I weigh myself every day. My primary goal isn't scale related though.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Only when I want to depress the heck outta myself and obssess over every little change in the numbers.

Seriously though. I weigh in once a week. If weigh in day the scale shoots out a number that I know can't be realistic (says I gained three pounds when I know I've stayed on track all week) then I'll weigh in for a couple days after just to give myself the comfort of seeing the scale go back to where it belongs.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day but it started to get depressing. I start obsessing over every little ounce that fluctuates from day to day. I'm not sure if it's the same for men, since they don't have the added hormonal stuff going on, but I'll never do it again. I weigh in once a week, except for when I'm on my monthly cycle and then I skip that week. :)
  • JonsieMcJones
    JonsieMcJones Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm going to consider it, not sure if I'll actually do it though because I can be demotivated at times XD
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Yes; I'm a bit neurotic, I don't eat clean, I'm definitely an "if it fits your macros" kind of girl, so weighing daily helps me pay attention- i might not have "overeaten" per se, but if I see a fluctuation I don't like, I refer to *what* I ate and how it might affect things.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday- I'm crazy I know, but I like to see how my body reacts. I write down my weight no matter what it is but only log when I'm a down a pound.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I do but I would prefer if I could do it weekly. I'll get there one day.
  • shellsies93
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I personally feel that when I weight myself everyday i'll stay on track. If I have gained, it gives me more motivation to work out harder, if I have lost, it gives me the motivation to loose even more and stay on track. I don't think it's mentally healthy because then you kinda become obsessed but, if it works for you that's all that matters.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, just to see how the previous days food and activities affected my weight. I don't concern myself with the fluctuations, just the overall trend - as long as my weight is trending downward, I'm good. I record my weight daily in an app, but only log my weight in MFP when it is a new low.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day.

Back in the day, it used to bother me if my weight would go up or if I stayed the same for a few days and I would give up (!) but now I take it all in stride.
    I've learned that a high sodium meal, a strenuous or new workout, pms or not having a BM will affect the number on the scale but it eventually sorts itself out as long as I stick to my plan.

I've weighed 240.8 all week and for once, I'm hanging in there without throwing in the towel.

ymmv

eta: I weigh 240 not 140 ... I wish
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. It can move 10lbs a day, because of water weight changes. Time of day.
  • EmilyDuby
    Options
    I weigh everyday because otherwise you could end up being a lot more depressed in my opinion if your weigh in day happens to be on some horrible upwards fluctuation day. I don't stress if it bounces up as long as it doesn't stay up, and since I weigh everyday I can see whether it goes down the next day or not, and if it's still up several days later then I know that maybe I need to look at what I'm doing and make a change.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I do *because* I know it could fluctuate by four pounds on a day to day basis. If I pick the wrong day, it's going to look like I gained weight when I actually lost weight. It makes for a noisy curve, but the downward trend is there all the same.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I like to weight in everyday
    Before I would only weight in on Sundays
    HOWEVER, that got discouraging to me
    cuz there would be times I gained weight rather it was water weight or not, and It would make
    me want to eat even more for feeling like I was failing and I would badly self-sabotage my efforts towards losing weight,
    NOW, by me weighing in daily, I can see if I gain or lose weight and even if the scale doesn't
    budge I'm still happy to see that its going down and not up.

Also, if your like me and have a REAL problem with water weight gain or bloat then yea weighing in daily helps to know when
    you have over done it and need to workout harder or change your diet up to keep the numbers goin down :)
  • roly14
    roly14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not sure I would want to weigh in every day like to be surprised by loss each week
This discussion has been closed.