Anyone Weigh in Every Day?

Options

Replies

• walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I like seeing the progress and I do understand there are fluctuations so if it is up a bit I don't worry about it so long as the trend is downwards.

I just found out about this app called Happy Scale, someone here recommended it on another thread. I'm not sure whether it is calculating a moving average or curve-fitting, but it shows you the trend and evens out the ups and downs. If you are going to weigh yourself every day you might find this helpful.
  • aspalmer3
    aspalmer3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOL! Sounds like my hubby, he threatened to take away my scale because I kept complaining to him and getting upset.

Believe it or not it actually helped me LOL. Of course at the time I was furious:angry::tongue:
  • darlingbones
    Options
    I weigh every day. It used to make me upset when I weighed my highest (148lbs) but now that I've lost so much weight (I'm at 115lbs now) I find that it keeps me motivated. So I guess the effects of it depend on how you feel about your body.
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    i do it every morning AFTER the gym and right before i jump in the shower but i only mentally record it on mondays - and i only put it in MFP if i've lost atleast a pound ....i don't bother with numbers after the decimal point LOL
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I drink any water.
    I get up and go to the bathroom and weigh.

I do not get stressed about it.
    I just want to know if I gained 1/2 pound, then I look at my Diary to see what occurred.
    Like maybe taking in too much sodium

I do the same, but I only log my weight once a week. The daily weigh in helps to keep me on track.
  • i_am_stuck
    i_am_stuck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    about 12 times a day... have a withings scale and it automatically syncs to my phone and mfp. Obviously any single measurement is a fluctuation but withings also draws a trailing average graph and it has more data points to work with. I also like this because I measure body fat at the same time which tends to fluctuate more and it is nice to have many data points throughout the day.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I weigh in everyday and track it in excel. When you make it into a graph it's really interesting seeing how the daily ups and downs go into an overall downward trend. I also track my inches though every two weeks that way I don't get discouraged if the scale goes up or down. There have been times when the scale was up 5 pounds but I wasn't upset because my inches were the same.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If I didn't weigh every day, I wouldn't have as strong of a handle on my body's weight fluctuations and trends. But for people who get upset by scale numbers - which can lead to non-productive behavior - it's perfectly reasonable to weigh infrequently or not at all.
  • Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i like to weigh every morning because it keeps me motivated and focused to stay on track. there's an app that you can get called Libra, and you can track your weight with it. its awesome cause if you weigh every day (and insert your weight) & have crazy weight fluctuations, it'll tell you the trend which is helpful.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every a.m. and every p.m., record it in a cheap monthly calendar and I look for trends. So long as I'm trending downwards I'm fine.

However, if a gain makes you eat, and a loss makes you eat...then don't!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I usually do, either every day or every other day. That's because my weight fluctuates so much, so I like to see a general pattern that I couldn't get if I only weighed in once a week.
  • rosana003
    rosana003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I don't think its a good idea because losing weight should be hand in hand with getting fit. If you weight train and do some cardio, you will lose weight slowly so looking at the scale would be very frustrating. Let me rephrase you will increase muscle mass and loose fat. Now if you measure your parts like its recommended that is a lil more accurate as to how much progress you have made. Before and after pics are also very helpful to see the progress overtime.

I have weight trained and diet for a long time on and off, the best results I've had so far is dieting, weight training and some cardio. I didn't lose weight in pounds but I did lose 5% body fat and the change was amazing. so I hope you keep that in mind.

I hope that lil input helps
    Rosana <3
  • Sil_76
    Sil_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day.

Back in the day, it used to bother me if my weight would go up or if I stayed the same for a few days and I would give up (!) but now I take it all in stride.
    I've learned that a high sodium meal, a strenuous or new workout, pms or not having a BM will affect the number on the scale but it eventually sorts itself out as long as I stick to my plan.

I've weighed 240.8 all week and for once, I'm hanging in there without throwing in the towel.

ymmv

eta: I weigh 240 not 140 ... I wish

I've noticed this too, i think i will start to only weigh myself once a week because the numbers changes over night like crazy. I have to remind myself that i didn't eat crazy or not workout for a week so something else is going on!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Once a day, first thing in the morning. Recommended ornot, it keeps me on track. The only time I've ever gained weight is when I stopped weighing myself. Course, I probably stopped weighing myself cause I knew I was gaining weight.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday as well. I am--like others here--looking for an overall monthly downward trend. I know my weight will fluctuate as much as 4 pounds a month and sometimes that amount in a day. But I am watching for a downward trend...
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I do, only because it seems to help me stay in control of what I eat better. Well....most days anyway...sometimes I skip period week cuz...ugh.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day when I need to rein myself in and get myself back on track. I'm really good at ignoring reality if the numbers don't force me to acknowledge it.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I wake up since I know that will be my most accurate measure of the day. But I only track once a month. I have a marker board in my bathroom with a tape measure hanging over it. On the first of every month, I write down my weight and my BWH measurements. Weighing every day without logging it helps me to keep on track and not let an entire week get away from me, wasting the next week playing catch up. During the last week of the month, I have a pretty good idea if I'm going to hit my target and have time to tweak my routine if not.
  • alicja_xo
    Options
    i try not to but i usually do it anyway haha

i know that my weight goes up and down depending on what ive eaten that day so when i see the weight going up one day i just try not to stress out too much :)
This discussion has been closed.