How Many Days Do You Exercise?

Options

Replies

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am currently bulking and lifting 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off right now and taking the 2 days as true rest days. This will change when I cut.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    7, Sunday is active recovery and recently has involved yoga and walking. I trail run twice a week and do steady state cardio and resistance work in the gym the other days.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    7, Sunday is active recovery and recently has involved yoga and walking. I trail run twice a week and do steady state cardio and resistance work in the gym the other days.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    my job nets me 12000-15000 steps a day most days of my 3 day w/w, so basically everyday.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I walk every day, run 5-6 days a week, and do stationary bike, yoga, or hiking on many of my non-running days. I'll rest on my non-running days when I need it or when I am busy with other things.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Intentionally, 3 days weight training. Unintentionally, I live in Oaxaca Mexico in the city without a car. I walk up and down hills at 5000 foot elavation most days for anywhere from 4 to 8 miles just getting around town. Occasionally I will take a bus or a cab if the destination is more than 2 miles each way.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Depending on my mood, 5 to 7 days each week. It's too easy to do stuff around the house so "going there" is no excuse.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I workout every day, unless I'm super sick or something out of the ordinary happens. I still worked out through bronchitis last year, just lowered the intensity. Mon-Thurs I try for cardio am, then a lifting session or more cardio pm. I usually lift 2-3 days per week, but cardio is basically every day.
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow. And here I was literally forcing myself to have one full-blown, no-nonsense rest day every week... and feeling worried it should be two! :lol:

So you all don't get burnt out, injured, fatigued, etc?

Well, obviously no, otherwise you wouldn't do it, ha. I suppose you fuel yourselves accordingly, get adequate sleep, etc.

Very impressive, congratulations to everyone here :star:
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    Wow. And here I was literally forcing myself to have one full-blown, no-nonsense rest day every week... and feeling worried it should be two! :lol:

Well, obviously no, otherwise you wouldn't do it, ha. I suppose you fuel yourselves accordingly, get adequate sleep, etc.

I do power walks for recovery, so that counts as an activity. Just low intensity.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    All of them lol
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    How are we defininging exercise? For me walking isn't exercise so much as it's how I get around when I'm not using my car or taking a bus. Going by that definition, 4-6 times a week (sometimes two a days depending on what I'm doing and why). I need a minimum of one rest day, this week it might be more like two depending on how I feel tomorrow morning.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    6 or 7. I Nordic walk most days, on others I bike, row indoors, rollerblade, or do an exercise video. I have some inflammation in one shoulder now and am unsure about how my activity level is affecting it. I'm 39.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Damn people are active :O im working out 3-5 days a week, mostly jiu jiutsu practices and my body already feels exhousted all the time....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I exercise 7 days a week. If I start skipping or taking "rest days" I tend to start doing it more and more until I'm totally out of habit. I stay consistent by making sure I do something every day. If I'm not feeling great or I do need a rest, I just do gentle things that day, like dog walks and yoga. But I make sure every day includes some kind of fitness.

I suppose if I were very sick I would take the day off, but I haven't had a day like that in a few years now. I don't really get sick too often - not sure if that's just good luck or because of my consistent health habits. Maybe a little bit of both? :)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Wow that is impressive! Well done!

I exercise 4 days a week. 3 x strength training. 1 x HIIT and abs. I've been doing this for five weeks consistently now, but I'm still in the process of it becoming a habit. Within the next few weeks I am going to try and do a cardio day on the weekends as I'm currently not doing enough, but don't want to do too much at once as that makes me want to quit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »

I think active rest days are fine. So don’t do your weight lifting, running or whatever it is you normally do but it’s ok to do something low impact like yoga, go for a walk etc.