How Many Days Do You Exercise?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I exercise five, sometimes six days a week. I walk fast on an incline for about 45 minutes. I need to get back to weightlifting, but don’t think I’m going to do it anytime soon. I also occasionally do yoga.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    7 usually unless I'm sick or having a fibromyalgia flare.

4 days of weight training. Daily cardio up to an hour of varying intensity and modality. On bad days I just do walking or dance videos.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    I would like to thank everyone for all the responses, and leave you all with this thought.

BOOT CAMP!!!

When i joined the army in 1983, i was not in that good a shape. I could barely run around the block, and could do maybe 25 pushups and 25 situps.

Throughout my basic training and advanced training they kicked our butts 24/7. We did so many pushups one day, we pushed Oklahoma into Texas. :) They got mad at us for doing that, and made us turn around and push it back. :)

For about 3 and a half months they PT'd us 7 days a week. I have to say when i graduated, i was probably in the best shape of my life.

So there is something to be said about exercising every day.

~just sayin~

aoooooa!

Thank you for your service.

I joined the army in 1987 and spent several glorious months at Ft Dix NJ (I swear they trucked in sand just to mess with us). We rotated runs and PT every other day but Sunday. While we worked hard I don't recall it as being quite as intense as you remember it. Of course I was already in excellent shape and passing the PT tests was not a big deal. I was also 18 years old. 18 Year olds can get away with beating themselves up a lot more than 50+ year olds.

Thank you for your service too Soldier!

I joined up at 25.

I did basic and AIT at Ft. Sill Oklahoma (13 echo). Back then they had this thing called OSUT (one station unit training). What that meant was you took your basic and AIT training in the same unit with the same drill sergeant. It was like 3.5 months of boot camp basically. We had class every day during the AIT portion, but as soon as class was done we where back at the mercy of the drill instructors. :)

I don't remember being anywhere that we did not do PT every day, except one winter in Germany when it got to 40 below zero for a couple weeks. Mostly i was in combat units and they do PT daily.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    BTW - I remember a thing they called "Fit Co" that was setup for those who could not pass the initial PT test. The guys that had to do that really did get their *kitten* kicked every day. I kinda felt sorry for them.

I completed the Master Fitness Course and became the PT instructor for my unit. The first thing they did was put me in charge of the soldiers who could not pass their PT test.

I focused on different combinations of running, pushups, and situps. I got them all to pass except for one female solder who only missed the pushups by 1, but she improved so much over her previous PT test that they gave it to her.

I was in great shape back then, and look at me now. :(
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    everyday
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Like you it's pretty much 7 days a week, some days (especially in the off season) it will be something short a low intensity but it's rare to take a complete rest day.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    I mean, we have to take these comments with a pinch of salt.

I was impressed with people commiting to getting a workout/activity in every day, but I have the common sense to know they're not going full-out, hard-core, down and dirty every single day. That's just unsustainable.

It was pretty clear from the replies that people meant they got a walk, a light jog, some light cardio, yoga, stretching, a nice dance... something on the more mellow days.

Yeah, this. Also just because I go to the gym on schedule, doesn't mean I do a robot workout regardless of how things are feeling that day.
  • LewisAMartinez
    LewisAMartinez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It varies. Generally at least one long day (hiking or walking at least 8 miles). Other than that it could be step aerobics/exercise cycle, stairs, and/or strength workout. Say anything between 3-5 days a week.