Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you do avoid boredom

Coach football myself and be bore watch dvds if not tired hit gym or swimming.

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Lifting of course; watch videos on different exercise variations & evaluate every so often out of boredom of lifting ~20 years now. Looking into gymnastics/calisthenics movements currently as another fun/challenging way of training

Always having reading material for LISS cardio sessions
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Gymnastics one thing never get into though love most sports.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Bike ride, hike.
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Tempted to buy a bike
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Go to gym
    Plan meals for the week
    Clean and organize my home and cars
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My mother had a policy ... if we complained about being bored, she could always find us something to do. Like cleaning our rooms or doing the dishes or something. We learned quickly not to be bored.

This was also my experience growing up. It was dangerous to say you were bored.

I suppose I read, browse the internet, watch things, make things, go for a walk, play games, learn things, listen to music or podcasts, spend time with other people.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Solve and create crosswords, I have a deep space telescope (so that’s fun on clear nights), tabletop and rp games, reading nonfiction, we have a pool for summer days and I am married so there’s always some fun there to be had. ;)
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Unproductively:
    Netflix
    Computer Games

Productively:
    Ride my bike - Love getting out and riding.
    Learn something - There are loads of free and paid online study sources I use to learn a new skill. Usually for work because then my time is used learning something that will improve my salary / job advancement prospects.

Honestly, in this day and age there is zero excuses for boredom. We have an entire world at our doorstep.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    biking, kayaking in the summer. I go to the gym, do yoga, volunteer 1 day at nursing home to play games, movies, internet, walk on trail with friend, hang out at mcdonalds with friends, church.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Play computer games, watch movies and shows, and practice/read about/do my flavor of the day obsession. I get really interested in something randomly until it fizzles out. lately, it's jigsaw, before that it was laser tag, and before that, it was refreshing my old coding skills although I rarely use them anymore.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    power walking
    running
    trail running
    hiking
    cycling
    kayaking
    photography
    trying new fitness devices
    trying new running shoes
    watching movies
    working
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    There are other things in life besides Netflix?
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    There are other things in life besides Netflix?

When I first got Netflix I watch it so much I was actually worried that I'd run out of stuff to watch. Such a naive fool I was. Now I'm concerned that my 'My List' list of show is getting so long that Netflix is going to start charging me extra to cover additional storage space on their server farm =)
  • justinereihana
    justinereihana Posts: 2 Member
    Apart from going for a walk, I knit while watching Netflix or Tv on demand. waste a bit of time on facebook. Now its getting warmer I will try getting partner out in weekends to picnic at the beach or fishing. I have a small veg garden to potter with. Am having fun with utube videos of hip hop aerobics and just got a beginners yoga class!!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    edited October 2018
    This comment is probably not going to be liked very much because we live in an age which is fueled by constant divices and activity. I'm of the opinion that its ok to be bored. We fill our lives with so much stuff, so much social interaction, so much activity. Some of it is meaningful and some of it is pointless. Perhaps you could use this experience of Bordem to be "still" or let your thoughts roll a bit,. You might discover something about yourself. A lot of creative and relaxed people use boredom rather than push it away. Just a thought.

Edited to add: in answering the question, I don't avoid it. When the opportunity comes up to be bored I try to enjoy it.. I have kids so boredom is rare.

That remind me of the quote from Death in Terry Prattchet's Hogfather:
    HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM.

In response to your question OP:
    I draw, I judo, I walk the dog, I cook, I laze on the sofa and relax
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    I used to read a lot, but since now I read so much for work, I've become a fan of tv to turn my brain off at the end of the day. And sometimes - like once a year - I'll go on a video game tear where all - and I mean ALL - I want to do for a week is play Dragon Age or something. I've come to kind of like it, it seems to be some kind of crucial reset or stress coping mechanism for me.