Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you do avoid boredom

2»

Replies

• thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Full time job
    School
    Gym
    Videogames, because if I play enough World of Warcraft I lose track of time and forget to eat anyway. Lol
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Bike, run, read, cook, stretch, walk, clean, wash clothes, mow, weed flower beds, go fishing. I could add more. I'm easily entertained.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I'm a lazy person who needs to find a hobby so most of the time i'm either watching a show/movie or on youtube. I read but not that often. Go shopping, go to parks....I seriously need a hobby though.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited October 2018
    Aside from my workouts and runs - I read a lot, I always have sewing projects I can get to, I like to crochet and cross stitch once in a while, I have a large garden that always needs attention and chickens and goats I can go hang with. Also my PS4 gets a little attention most days. I watch some TV during my gym cardio and while I eat dinner - I'm watching The Americans right now, it's so good!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I have kids. :smiley:
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    This comment is probably not going to be liked very much because we live in an age which is fueled by constant divices and activity. I'm of the opinion that its ok to be bored. We fill our lives with so much stuff, so much social interaction, so much activity. Some of it is meaningful and some of it is pointless. Perhaps you could use this experience of Bordem to be "still" or let your thoughts roll a bit,. You might discover something about yourself. A lot of creative and relaxed people use boredom rather than push it away. Just a thought.

Edited to add: in answering the question, I don't avoid it. When the opportunity comes up to be bored I try to enjoy it.. I have kids so boredom is rare.

That remind me of the quote from Death in Terry Prattchet's Hogfather:
    HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM.

In response to your question OP:
    I draw, I judo, I walk the dog, I cook, I laze on the sofa and relax

I LOVE Terry Prattchet big fan.. death is one of my favorite characters. Love Hogfather! Hard Currently reading Guards Guards.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    This comment is probably not going to be liked very much because we live in an age which is fueled by constant divices and activity. I'm of the opinion that its ok to be bored. We fill our lives with so much stuff, so much social interaction, so much activity. Some of it is meaningful and some of it is pointless. Perhaps you could use this experience of Bordem to be "still" or let your thoughts roll a bit,. You might discover something about yourself. A lot of creative and relaxed people use boredom rather than push it away. Just a thought.

Edited to add: in answering the question, I don't avoid it. When the opportunity comes up to be bored I try to enjoy it.. I have kids so boredom is rare.

I agree with this. But I consider doing nothing and being bored as two separate things. I love quiet time with nothing to do and avoid over scheduling for that reason. But sometimes you just want something to do.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited October 2018
    I work full time and have 2 young kids. They don't leave much time for boredom.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I wish I had time to be bored. Work full time, volunteer part time, do things for family members, exercise, cook...
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Full time job
    School
    Gym
    Videogames, because if I play enough World of Warcraft I lose track of time and forget to eat anyway. Lol

Fortnite helps me forget that I’m starving. WOW I’m sure has that same impact. Video games are incredible hunger fighting tool lol
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    School, research/work (it's a paid research assistantship), apply for scholarships, research on my own time, practice German, get ready to apply to MA programs, bike, row (indoors and on water), physical therapy, cook, and eventually sleep.