Thanksgiving splurge?

Thanksgiving is fast approaching (in the States. Our Canadian friends already celebrated). What is the Thanksgiving splurge that you are most looking forward to? I plan on eating ALL THE THINGZ, with zero *kittens* given. However, I make this Samoa pie and I plan to stuff myself on it! Although my 14-year-old has said I need to make two, because he plans to eat one all by himself. :D

4e77wqq4y5qd.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    We will also have pecan pie and pumpkin pie, and YES that is the right way to eat pumpkin pie. Although, I prefer Cool Whip, still slightly frozen!
  • quiksylver296
    I also LOVE good stuffing! But it seems to get messed up every year... :'( I don't even know what I'm doing wrong.

y977rlgbw6n6.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    pinuplove wrote: »
    We will also have pecan pie and pumpkin pie, and YES that is the right way to eat pumpkin pie. Although, I prefer Cool Whip, still slightly frozen!

Keep your Cool Whip! Whipped cream from a can, or fresh if I'm feeling really frisky.

You and my hubby. Canned, yuck. Fresh is edible, but I really just want Cool Whip.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream. This ratio is about right. I could eat a whole pie to myself.

Yes!
  • pinuplove
    Where I live it's all cornbread dressing/stuffing (which I love!) I like a good bread stuffing too, but like @quiksylver296 I have trouble getting it right.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Having Thanksgiving with my in-laws for the first time so I have no idea what to look forward to :'( I'm assuming there will be pumpkin pie though, in which case Cassandraw3 has it right. And with homemade whipped cream!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes, rolls! I could eat ALL THE ROLLS! But, sweet potato casserole should be covered in marshmallows.

Also, green been casserole. Yum!

huoo6b4sug7r.jpg
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Turkey. Lots of turkey. And lots of turkey leftovers. And pumpkin pie.
  • pinuplove
    @steveko89 Aww, congrats to you guys! :smile:

My husband and I are usually the ones doing the cooking (we like it that way - trust me, if your in-laws cooked like mine you would too :lol: ). We have dinner in the late afternoon/early evening and I'm typically on my feet running around ALL day. I figure that helps offset some of the turkey and stuffing!
  • quiksylver296
    @steveko89 Aww, congrats to you guys! :smile:

My husband and I are usually the ones doing the cooking (we like it that way - trust me, if your in-laws cooked like mine you would too :lol: ). We have dinner in the late afternoon/early evening and I'm typically on my feet running around ALL day. I figure that helps offset some of the turkey and stuffing!

For the last three years, hubby is in charge of the turkey cuz he smokes it in the smoker. So freaking good!
  • quiksylver296
    No no no! Homemade rolls! I have to dust off my Kitchen-aid mixer a couple of times a year or I feel sorry for it...

<<snip>>

Those look amazing, and way beyond my abilities. :#