total cal 705
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the stairstepper today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Cardio Metabolic Circuit DVD (I believe this is a rebounder DVD).

Just got a message from the “webmaster”. I need to calm down, I know it. He said that he noticed 3 people trying to register and he said that he and Adra need to know when someone is sent the registration form so that they can activate it. I just answered him “what form? I never sent a form since I don’t have one”. To me, this website is really dumb now. If anyone should be the first person to activate someone, it should be me. I’m not saying no one else should have the ability, but I should be the first person. They should be “activated” when they are first put into the system. If he or Adra does not get to it asap, that’ll just frustrate that new member. I feel like he’s pushing me out. I am pretty sure that he told Adra that if someone updates their email on the website it’ll update it on the mail list. No it won’t. Those are two completely separate systems. I tell you, if the new president doesn’t bring this website up to date, I no longer want to be bothered with membership. Things are getting too screwed up. I’m willing to stay on to help them get this website back to normalcy, but if it’s going to stay this screwed up, I don’t want to deal with this. Update: he sent me this link. I hope he’s not thinking that I’m going to send this to someone as it is. There is no way on this green earth I’ll send just a link to someone without a cover letter telling them what it is and why they need to click on it. I’ve gotten too many links from people that I know but if they don’t indicate to me that they, in fact, sent it to me, I don’t click on it.

I made this “tree” for Rummikub tonight. Really, I want to make it for the mahjongg Christmas party but I’m thinking that I’ll try it out first. Sometimes you have to “tweak” a recipe. Basically, you take pizza crust, a mixture of spinach and some spices and cream cheese with some cheeses and bake that. Hope it turns out OK. I’m also making lemon bars to take in case it doesn’t turn out that well. I should have put parchment paper on the bottom so it will slide off onto a platter. But I did spray the pan first so I hope that helps. Update: I did find that I had to add some milk to the cream cheese/spinach/spices/cheeses blend to make it so that I can spread it without tearing the dough

Cari – at least you can see if your son is alive by seeing him on Facebook (even if it’s seldom). I can’t even see that much. I DO NOT like this cold. Not one tiny bit.

Allie – I still can’t understand why if Mary questions why you came in early you can’t just tell her “to go to the bathroom”

Lisa – I’m so sorry about the water. It didn’t damage the floor, did it? Congrats on the job! Knew you would ace it!

KJ – feel better fast. Don’t hesitate to get an antibiotic

Picked up my ceramic Dumbo yesterday. I’ll post a pic of it. I just hope it’s not too small. Now I’m working on gnomes

Heather – happy anniversary. Every time you mention “the blind man” my first thought is of a man who can’t see. Then I have to remind myself that you mean a man who installs blinds.

Margaret – sounds like you made a good decision for yourself. Hope it works out better for you this time

Trucker – congrats on getting the date

Heather – we have a lot of Jess’ text books, but I can’t find any place that takes textbooks. It’s not that they’re old, they ARE out of date. She graduated in the early 2000’s. They would make great reference books.

Drkatie – that was so nice of you to return the checkbook. On time I found money and I returned it to the customer service desk. It was a considerable amount of money. I know if someone turned it in and I got it back, I certainly would thank them (I left my phone number). The next time I found money I just gave them my phone number and said if anyone is looking for it to have them give me a call. No one called so I just donated the money to the church. I’m thinking that the first time someone at the service desk just kept the money.

Evelyn – your intervals on the treadmill sound interesting. Is it a program that the treadmill has in its memory or is it something you did on your own?

Just got back from Rummikub. Vince just told me that the washing machine isn’t working. He went to do some laundry and he heard this banging then the drum won’t spin. So tomorrow first thing I need to call the appliance repair place.

Kim – what a hoot you are!

Michele in NC

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I got my hair cut today!
    Last time was maybe May 2017.

It is so humid here, I thought it might curl better at waist length.
    It was long enough to sit on and getting pretty thin toward the ends ... and wasn't curling very nicely. In this humidity, and with my hot flashes, it was mainly just plastering itself to my arms.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Well, first things first... I walked out of this morning's interview with the job. It was wonderful... they were selling ME on the organization. I think I'm going to love it, lots of respect for my new boss, and for the CEO who is her boss. Thank you for being there with me through this...

Congratulations!!! :)

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Lisa Congratulations on your new job! Yeah! I like you new faucet too!
    One job I left I was supposed to go for an exit interview but I did not want to step my foot back there. My boss was mean and I wasn’t happy working there since he took over. Now that I look back I wish I did so I could of let HR know exactly how I felt. I’m not sorry I left because I got a much job with better pay too.

The Purple Tree I love the tree. When I lived in Palm Springs California, we had a Brazilian Jacaranda. It had lacey leaves live a fern with lavender blooms like wisteria. It was so pretty!

Allie if I were you, I would if went in early. What business is it of hers? Or better yet, walk over to her car and ask her in to join you for a cup of tea! That would get her goat!!
    I use to go early all the time just to get organized, run to the restroom and get coffee. Then I was ready to go to work.

Trucker Sorry, don’t know your name yet. I’m glad I spent 20 years doing outside sales. So I was in 10-12 stores a day and had little contact with my office. I only went in 4-5 times a year. Mostly safety meetings. After I started working in an office, I brought my independence with me, therefore, I worked hard and didn’t have time for co-workers’ problems. Don’t get me wrong, I could be sympathetic but I really couldn’t get involved in the position I was in. I worked in the Appeals Office in Administration of a state agency.

Gratitude -Touch
    I love the soft touch of the fur of my sweet dog Dolly. Her ears are so silky too. Love it!
    I also love my husband’s whiskers!!

Gratitude - who I’m thankful for.
    I’m grateful for God and all the creation first of all. After that I have to say my husband. He’s the best! He’s funny, and kind. He’s always joking with me and I have to think twice: “Was that a joke?”

I better get to bed. It’s after 10pm.
    Good night!

Dana In Arkansas
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Michele, I wish the interval program was on the treadmill! When I was going to the rec centre, they had ones that were preprogrammed. With this one, I just had to use the timer (it does have a countdown timer for the amount of time you want to be on the machine) and change speeds/elevation when the time was right. I know I didn't do it exactly right every time (watching tv at the same time), but that's okay, I was just really happy to do it! Dumbo looks really cute, your ceramics are pretty amazing!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My sister-in-law posted this and I thought it was good ...

lkzkyg4kxd5w.png

Nov 1 - smell. My roses. :)
    Nov 2 - technology. Social media and staying connected with family and friends.
    Nov 3 - colour. Blue. The blue of the mouth of the river/bay/start of the ocean out my window. The blue of the sky. My new blue sleeping top that was nice and comfy last night.
    Nov 4 - food ... cheese. I ate a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches when my husband was in hospital. They were my comfort food. Also cheese has calcium which I think I need. Unfortunately, cheese does tend to be a bit high in calories so I shouldn't eat too much of it. But anything cheese-y is comforting. :)
    Nov 5 - sound. I like listening to the waves and the birds, but I think the sound I'm most grateful for today is my husband's voice. Just the fact that we can talk to each other again. :)
    Nov 6 - "What in nature are you grateful for?" ... That's hard to narrow down to one thing. Oxford dictionary describes nature as "the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth". I am grateful for all of it. I find that getting out into any sort of nature helps to relieve stress.
    Nov 7 - "What memory are you grateful for?" ... Another one with so many choices!!! Recently, I've been grateful for two memories. 1) June 2017 ... my husband and I had a wonderful visit to Canada and did several things to make great memories ... hiking, cycling, visiting my family. I clung onto those memories during the months he was in hospital. 2) When I was 9 years old, my family moved away from where my grandmother lived. One of of the last days there, my grandmother took me to her window and showed me a full moon outside. She told me that on every full moon, we could both look at it and know that even though we were far apart, we were both looking at the same moon. That's a memory which has stuck with me all these years, and every time I see a full moon, I think of my grandmother. She's 97 years old ... but not doing so well ... so I've been thinking of her a lot. And I've also been very glad that my husband and I were able to see her when we visited Canada in June 2017.
    Nov 8 - "What book are you most grateful for?" That's easy ... The Bible. :)

I've enjoyed reading all your memories. :)
    Love the discussion about books! :)

Nov 9 - "What place are you most grateful for?" This is not an easy one for me because I don't have the sense of "home" that many people have. I've moved too much for that.
    So ... I've had to give this one some thought. What place?
    Well ...
    I'm grateful for our current house. It's comfortable enough. It's not very big so it's fairly easy to manage. And it has a great garden which my husband has been able to work in since returning home from his accident. It is also close to a couple beaches, which is nice. :)
    Nov 10 - Taste! Hmmm ... salt. In the "Do you crave sweet or salty" discussion, I fall on the "salty" side.
    As it happens, I have a diminished sense of taste and smell for whatever reason, so I divide foods into the basic tastes: sweet, salty, sour or bitter, and from there it's harder to distinguish precise flavours. Although, I do seem to have some odd tastes like, for example, meat and tomato taste metallic to me, and I don't like that. If I salt them well, the metallic taste goes away and they taste salty, which is OK.
    Then, one of the side effects of my husband's accident is that he has lost most of his sense of taste and smell. He has regained a little bit, and they say it should return very gradually. But he'll comment that dinner has no flavour, and I'll think, "It just tastes salty to me. Is there supposed to be more flavour than that?"
    Nov 11 - What holiday are you grateful for? Christmas!!! :)
    I've always loved Christmas. I even picked up 3 Christmas CDs yesterday. I like having a decent amount of time off ... not just one day ... so I can get things done. I like all the decorations. I like the music. I like the services and celebrations.
    Nov 12 - Texture. Smooth. Very, very smooth. Clothing with no texture. Textured clothing is unwearable. Smooth clothing is good.
    Nov 13 - Abilities. Right now, it would have to be organisation. While I feel like I'm in the midst of a chaotic whirlwind (and have been for the past 8 months) and I don't feel very organised, surprisingly enough, stuff is getting done.
    Maybe I should include things like endurance and tenacity ... "skills" I've honed from my long distance cycling carrying over to "real life".
    Nov 14 - Sight. What sight am I grateful for? The ever-changing view out the window of our house looking over the bay and the surrounding hills. Right now it's all grey and misty but it still looks good.
    Nov 15 - Season. The season I am most grateful for is summer. I love summer. I'd love it if the year were divided so that there was 1 month of winter, 1 month of spring, 2 months of autumn, and 8 months of real summer weather. We're coming into summer here and I appreciate each and every summer-like day.
    Nov 16 - What about your body are you grateful for?
    Sometimes I think ... "less and less" these days because I'm literally falling apart.
    But ... I'm grateful for my legs which are one of my main methods of transportation.
    Nov 17 - What knowledge are you grateful for? -- The tacit knowledge of cycling. Being able to ride a bicycle. It has taken me all over the world. It's how my husband and I met. It is stress relief. And it is part of my husband's healing process.
    https://www.brainline.org/blog/getting-back-bike/what-brain-derived-neurotrophic-factor-and-why-you-should-care
    Nov 18 - What piece of art are you grateful for?
    That's a difficult one. I've taken an Art History course, and enjoyed it very much. And I like going to galleries. But I haven't really felt a connection to any particular pieces.
    However, the one that is probably my favourite piece is:
    Umberto Boccioni, Dynamism of a Cyclist, 1913
    a2kfga9qpewz.png
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamism_of_a_Cyclist
    Nov 19 - What touch are you grateful for?
    My husband's hugs!! This was something I missed so much when he was in hospital!!

Nov 20 - Who in your life are you grateful for?

The obvious choice would be my husband, and I am grateful to have him in my life still. However, I have been very grateful for my parents who have been so supportive through the challenges this year.

Nov 21 - What song are you most grateful for?

My taste in music changes with my moods but I've been listening to this one a lot this year ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWLvRlniNo

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER Happy Anniversary

LISA congrats on new job

MACHKA I love Aaron Neville such a distinctive voice

Kate UK <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    MICHELE is that your ceramic Dumbo? Very cute!

MUSIC....I love all kinds of music! Can't name one genre over another.

Making southern cornbread dressing today. I use Paula Dean's recipe as a guide. Also turkey gravy with chopped hard boiled eggs. That's the way I grew up with it.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just sat down and wrote Mary a note.. saying I wished her family a Happy Thanksgiving and that I was deeply hurt that she was sitting in the parking lot waiting, and that I didn't want to say anything in front of anyone...
    I also told her that I love everyone there but I answer to Allison and Dr Ho and that I would appreciate that she mind her own business ..
    I am hoping she reads it and doesn't blow a gasket I wrote it with friendship in mind.. here is hoping she gets a hint...
    I have a wall unit heating and airconditioning unit.. in the cold weather the fan ices up and makes a heck of a knocking sound that would wake the dead.. will see what I need to do to fix that... but let me tell you it woke me up quite a few times...
  • Machka9
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Well, today I did it! I went to the gym this morning, got on the treadmill and did an interval program that included running! It felt really good too. I paid attention to the time, did one minute walking flat, two minutes uphill, one minute flat and then some running. The first run was about three minutes so I upped the speed the next time, still managed two minutes at a time. Will definitely will be doing that again!
    Hubby and I put up our Christmas lights this afternoon, we don't do a lot outside but the weather is supposed to get kind of ugly after today, so we wanted to get it done while it was still decent. Very happy to have it done now. Hubby won't let me start on the insideof the house til after Dec 1, and I'm okay with that too. I do have a plan for outside the front door, but that shouldn't take long and I need some chicken wire before I can get that taken care of. Might go get that tomorrow....
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies that I may have missed!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Well done on the treadmill! :)

I'll be putting up decorations around Dec 1 too.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Options
    ☯️ Namaste!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,131 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    ☯️ Namaste! Oops! Double posted.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member