Getting bullied for being skinny

Options

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and have a perfectly normal body. It sounds like it might be cultural. Are the women where you live and your family in general larger women?
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and have a perfectly normal body. It sounds like it might be cultural. Are the women where you live and your family in general larger women?

They are not large. My family don't have a problem with me. It is friends and people who know me.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    You look lovely. You're at a perfectly fine, healthy weight.

99 was far too low for you. But 138? You're perfect.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

They are not large. My family don't have a problem with me. It is friends and people who know me.

Some friends... :#
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and you look like you are at a healthy weight. If you are feeling bullied then these people really aren't your friends.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful just the way you are. Some people are naturally slim and there is nothing wrong with that. You are eating well for health, exercising for fitness. You are doing everything right. Nothing they say can make you anything other than gorgeous. Please don't let these people make you feel bad about yourself. You are a stunning looking woman.

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else.
    You look stunning!
    Don't let them get you down.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Op please know that everyone here thinks you look very good and don't need to change anything for anyone. Do what makes you happy. You are beautiful.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    geez. so many people on this site (not on the gaining weight thread perhaps) would almost kill to look like you do! You look great!

Bullies suck. Fark them. They are most definitely jealous of how you look, I wouldn't be worried about anything!

A loooong looooong time ago when I was naturally on the thinner side a lot of my friends at school would do the whole "you're such a *kitten*, you're skinny!" and stuff like that.

Just ignore it and let it slide - it is THEIR insecurities, not you being "skinny". You look healthy and fine. If you were a bag of bones then maybe, but you're not.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    next time they say something horrid to you, own it. Like "You're too bony" - you can say "yep, sure am" and just move on - like change topic. "You're the opposite of me" - "good".

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    OP, you made great progress; don't let the negativity of others bring you down.
    I also get ridiculed for being "too skinny"; best not to give a **** what random internet trolls say/type about you.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thank you. Am being bullied by the people who know me or have known me for long. Words like, you don't eat? You are too skinny, you look like a child, you are the opposite of me, you are too bony.

Look my grandmother used to say these things to anybody that didn't have a big beer belly. She didn't mean anything by it; we never took it as bullying. She just wanted to feed us. Cultural thing. I could take that from her but from friend... lol. They wouldn't be my friends for long.

People just don't know how to mind their own damn business. It is extremely rude to not comment on what's on someone's plate. Comments like "that's all you are going to eat?" "Are you going to eat all that?". Just ignore it.

You do you.
  • preciousleks
    Options
    You look lovely. You're at a perfectly fine, healthy weight.

99 was far too low for you. But 138? You're perfect.
    Thank you
  • preciousleks
    Options
    OP, you made great progress; don't let the negativity of others bring you down.
    I also get ridiculed for being "too skinny"; best not to give a **** what random internet trolls say/type about you.

You look great you are not skinny for a man. just live your life. Thank you
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    As others have said, to me you look great and not at all skinny but I know it's how you feel inside that counts. I was thin for years and have had the same kind of comments you've had - I still get them even though I've gained and am now well within what's normal for my height.
    For some reason, many people think it's OK to comment on another person's weight if they're slim. And often the comments are about not being a "real" woman, looking like a child etc. It hurts and I've yet to find a way of responding that doesn't come across as defensive. I have found the best response is, thank you for your concern but you don't need to worry about me. This seems to effectively shut people up.
    I do also think that we've become so used to the majority of people being overweight that we have forgotten what "normal" looks like.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    To me she doesn't look underweight in the first pic?
    Also she's not said she wants to gain more weight. Her post is about other people's comments
  • preciousleks
    Options
    LKArgh wrote: »
    Am 23 yrs and I weight 138lbs, 5'8 tall. I have gained 2lbs this past month. I get bullied for being skinny. It hurts. As am writing this post tears are just flooding my eyes. We are leaving in a world full of hatred. I have been doing home exercises like squats, glute bridges, kickbacks and hip thrust. And I have been trying to eat 200+calories. I want a revenge body. I will not let people bring me down. Any help?
    The upper pic was in 2015 and I was 99lbs
    And the lower one is last month 136lbs

1nzeibtccurw.jpg
    vo9j7cap6avp.jpg

First photo you are very underweight, and based on the numbers you posted, you were not just skinny but dangerously so. However now you look great and your BMI is actually ideal. Why are you trying now to gain more weight? If someone was concerned based on the first pic, this is really valid as you there should have been health concerns from anyone who cared about you. But are you sure they are not just still scared for you and pushing you to gain weight out of fear you might lose again?

It is true I want to gain weight, not just weight overall but on my booty. I want to get bigger butt. This post was about bullies not about gaining weight. Thank you for your support.
  • preciousleks
    Options
    As others have said, to me you look great and not at all skinny but I know it's how you feel inside that counts. I was thin for years and have had the same kind of comments you've had - I still get them even though I've gained and am now well within what's normal for my height.
    For some reason, many people think it's OK to comment on another person's weight if they're slim. And often the comments are about not being a "real" woman, looking like a child etc. It hurts and I've yet to find a way of responding that doesn't come across as defensive. I have found the best response is, thank you for your concern but you don't need to worry about me. This seems to effectively shut people up.
    I do also think that we've become so used to the majority of people being overweight that we have forgotten what "normal" looks like.

True.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You look beautiful and not too skinny by any means! Ignore them. They will always find something wrong with you. You look perfectly healthy and gorgeous.