November Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I'm not religious, and I have philosophical objections to describing anything "spiritual" about myself, but I do love how completing things for the body and mind make me go all Zenmode and happy. :smile:

@orphia, I hope I didn't offend. By "spirit" I meant anything that feeds the "soul", be it religious, philosophical, mindfulness, enjoying the beauty of nature, etc.

Also, I hope no one feels they have to do all three "categories". These were really meant for me. The last 3 1/2 years have been very difficult, but I feel like I'm finally starting to "re-surface" and realizing that I need to pay more attention to a number of areas in my life.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    Yesterday I made sure to do some yoga. November in really trying to hit all of my goals and one of them is getting a minimum of seven hours of sleep a night. Hot it both nights so far. Today I took an extra session at the gym to not only work through some aggression, but to also work on my roundhouses. I am also enjoying the way my bullet journal and my health collection for the month are visually appealing to me. Today I also say down and write for the first time in years. I've been trying to get back to it and it felt good.

@skram, I'd love to see some of your bullet journal pages, if you feel like sharing. :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @jenilla1, love the backyard clean-up! 🐦

• PKM0515
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, I'm amazed at everything you're doing with a badly broken arm! So glad for your positive medical news.

I would love to see a photo of your necklace, if you feel like sharing one. I am "artistically-challenged", so I have to live vicariously. ;)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    Options
    November 3
    • Something for the body. Over 3 hours out walking with my daughter.
    • Something for the mind. Planned my Creative Writing piece for Monday's autumn theme. I am working on a poem.
    • Something for the spirit. Spent time with my younger daughter. We always have a great time.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Self Care for the Body I ate a lot of veggies today, a large kale Caesar salad which was delicious

Self Care for the Spirit I got to hold my new baby niece for the first time today!

Self Care for the Mind I saw The Lion King on Broadway...maybe that also counts for the spirit? Idk...it was amazing though!

I forgot my bullet journal at home this weekend which is a bummer, I will have to catch up on my daily gratitude when I get back home.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @SaraKim17 Hugs!

Today I did a half marathon race (21.1 km / 13.1 miles). I did it in under my goal time, so I'm very happy.

Had a lovely trip there and back with a good running friend.

Helped my husband with shopping and dinner.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    Body & Soul- lovely hike with gorgeous mountain & ocean vistas, hawk, multiple deer including 2 adorable fawns, sunset light warming mountains; overcoming fear of falling again-slowly but surely; phys therapy x 2

Creativity - began working with an image that I’ve been meaning to sketch /paint for 4-6 weeks!

Mind - discussed local city issues with a candidate for city council
    - went to see an inspiring movie, learned a lot about extreme rock climbing
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I only have one for yesterday. Met for lunch with two current friends/co-workers and one who has retired. We met at a really nice restaurant and had a long, relaxing lunch with plenty of good conversation. Decided to make it a monthly occasion.

The restaurant was a bit of a drive and it's located in a more "country-like" area, so I got to view some beautiful, autumnal scenery.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Lots of much-needed stuff around the house, devotional reading, chapter in book, lunch with a friend.

I'm not doing very well with the "body" component lately although I went up and down the stairs a LOT with my housework. I hope I can get back on track tomorrow.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Body: big hilly hike & 30 mins on ex bike
    Total 147 mins

Mind: read 2 pp of my book; browsing in book store; bought 2 more books

Soul: nature, time with visiting family!! Just a perfect day. Got family to declutter items in closet. I’m so happy to have just the items they need/want there now.

Creativity: took photos of trees for a Xmas card idea I’m playing with. Soaked up the colors/feel of the season!
  • Running2Fit
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Self Care for the Body: I've been freezing all day, I'm about to hop into a nice hot shower and then I will probably unwind with a nice up of chamomile tea before bed

Self Care for the Spirit: I'm back to my gratitude journal now that I'm back home and have it again.

Self Care for the Mind: Going to read a bit tonight while I have my tea.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    8 km run, stretching, drawing, studying, parkrun & running club duties, lunch with Mum, afternoon being alcohol-free and enjoying it in a pub with old friends. Really made the most of the public holiday. :smile:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Body -

Mind -

Soul - listened to mindfulness tape 2X
    Kundalini once
    Wayne Dyer once

Creativity - sketched 6 ideas for a project, shared & got ideas, refined one of them. Fun!
  • Running2Fit
    Options
    Self Care for the Body: I started my 10K training plan today (and broke in a new pair of running shoes!).

Self Care for the Soul: Another entry for the gratitude journal.

Self Care for the Mind: I’m doing some research on teaching online classes. I have two in my schedule next semester and it’s a first for me.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Body: walking, PT, straightening house
    Stopped eating out!!!** Eating my regular delicious foods that make my body feel better!

Mind: studied & figured out my ballot! 🇺🇸

Soul: deep breathing, remaining calm & positive, gratefulness, took 1/2 hour to listen to an amazing 🎹 pkayer! And talked with an engaging Uber driver who took up the electric base in his 60’s & sings lead in a band he put together with his 12 year old grandson & friends Never Too Old!❣️❣️❣️

Creativity: photo play with filters & editing software & using new perspectives for everyday items! SO FUN!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Body: Worked out and lifted weights
    Mind: Went to the library and browsed and got two books
    Soul: Yesterday at bible class, I heard that trials and hard times in your life are for the enlargement of your soul. I also talked to my sister yesterday and she reminded me that when our cousin died, she and a few others actually saw his soul leave his body. *sorry if this is too deep; I was sitting her just thinking about the soul.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Body - nice, long energizing run
    Mind - read up on the topic of mindfulness
    Soul - I voted conscientiously
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Creative: spent several hours immersed in a project! I can feel myself getting back into this!!!

Body: resting post Monday’s procedure but also walking and doing PT. Tough times keeping last night but I kept my spirits up. Reducing carbs due to temporary increase in prednisone to avoid medically induced diabetes. Arm is feeling much better. 6 weeks is magic I guess. Attempting to get off Tylenol- so far so good.

Mind: Never quite got to my books with my busy day, but I will today!

Soul: working hard on this as I have begun another prednisone pulse, which likely means even less sleep. 18 days. My spirits are in a good place. Planning some get together a with dear friends.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Not too deep- ty forsharing @RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Body: Worked out and lifted weights
    Mind: Went to the library and browsed and got two books
    Soul: Yesterday at bible class, I heard that trials and hard times in your life are for the enlargement of your soul. I also talked to my sister yesterday and she reminded me that when our cousin died, she and a few others actually saw his soul leave his body. *sorry if this is too deep; I was sitting her just thinking about the soul.