How will you avoid over eating on thanksgiving

Options
myawsomeboys
myawsomeboys Posts: 54 Member
How will you avoid over eating during this time of year with all the parties and good food! Do you have a plan to get through it without packing up the pound or will you give in to your weakness..lol

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    pffft.

I won't.

it's one day out of the year.

*shrug
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is 1 day. It is a feast day...I will feast. Christmas is also one day. I don't treat the entire two months as some reason to go off the rails. Other than the actual holidays it's pretty much business as usual. As far as parties go...we have get togethers with friends year around...about once per month...maybe twice...no biggie.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    prob just cut my cals way back the two days prior. or the day before and the day after at least.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanksgiving is the easy one for me because I hate all of the food. I opt out of family dinners for Thanksgiving and luckily that's pretty easy (parents are divorced, dad goes out of state and mom now goes to her brother's place). My husband and I will make a vegan feast mainly for him and I'll eat some of the stuff but not all of it.

Sorry if that wasn't very helpful. As for other "big eating holidays" like Christmas I try to stick to the one plate rule and don't eat things I consider filler...I'll go for and & all veggies, a little meat and one big dessert, then call it a day. No rolls, no casseroles, etc.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I do enough cardio during the week to eat back a few calzones and then some.
  • Wellness_Whit
    Wellness_Whit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I promise myself that if I'm good all week before and all week after, then on Thanksgiving anything and everything is fair game! I think vacations and holidays should be spent enjoying good food. Everything in moderation and one day on occasion is good for the soul! ;)
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    As for me I’m planning on just doing a lot of cardio be fore and after also be mindful of what I’m eating and how much. I guess it’s one day a year! Enjoy your thanksgiving everyone.☺️
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I plan to be extra strict mon/tues/weds ... and Feast on thanksgiving.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Thanksgiving is 1 day. It is a feast day...I will feast. Christmas is also one day. I don't treat the entire two months as some reason to go off the rails. Other than the actual holidays it's pretty much business as usual. As far as parties go...we have get togethers with friends year around...about once per month...maybe twice...no biggie.

To add to this, I'm not really one that enjoys being overly stuffed...I have a good plate of food and some pumpkin pie for desert and call it a day. I'm also the cook, so while others are eating a bunch of appetizers and whatnot, I'm busy cooking.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I will eat at maintenance for 3 days. Also, I fill up on turkey and veggies. My main vice is pie.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    MrTee1985 wrote: »
    Easy, I hate thanksgiving food lol. Christmas is a different story.

What’s the difference?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It's one day. I have no plans to avoid over-eating :)
  • myawsomeboys
    Options

To add to this, I'm not really one that enjoys being overly stuffed...I have a good plate of food and some pumpkin pie for desert and call it a day. I'm also the cook, so while others are eating a bunch of appetizers and whatnot, I'm busy cooking.

Me neither I would worry more when I was working in the office my co workers would always bring food every day starting Nov-Dec it was very hard avoiding that! All the goodies especially if your just sitting at your desk bored with little to no work! Glad I’m not at work. Lol hopefully I can learn to get strong before my next job. Haha!
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I will eat at maintenance for 3 days. Also, I fill up on turkey and veggies. My main vice is pie.

I’m big on desserts love! That’s great idea more veggies u can’t go wrong there. Good plan
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    I plan to be extra strict mon/tues/weds ... and Feast on thanksgiving.

Good plan! Enjoy
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    im thinking about how to fit everything in my belly honestly

It’s different when your trying to build muscle..haha!
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    MrTee1985 wrote: »
    Easy, I hate thanksgiving food lol. Christmas is a different story.

Haha avoid all the family drama that comes with it! Good for you! Enjoy