How will you avoid over eating on thanksgiving

Options
2»

Replies

• karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I always run the Turkey Trot that morning. Then I am pretty moderate, but eat whatever I want! 6.5 miles is a great way to keep the lbs from packing on that day!
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I'm latina so I make tamales and I also make a turkey. My scale hates me anyway so I'm just gonna do me on that day 😋
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I won't. Food coma by 4 is my goal.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I do enough cardio during the week to eat back a few calzones and then some.

You have calzones for Thanksgiving? Can I come ?
    Absolutely you can!

Wear comfortable clothing. We like to play Twister immediately after dinner.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid it.
    I usually plan on being strict and eating a 'normal' amount, but I never do.
    Honestly tho, I eat way more than I plan to often, so why should the holidays be any different? I just get more worked up in my head about the anticipation of lots of food presented to me all at once.
  • myawsomeboys
    myawsomeboys Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always run the Turkey Trot that morning. Then I am pretty moderate, but eat whatever I want! 6.5 miles is a great way to keep the lbs from packing on that day!

Good plan! Enjoy
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    I'm latina so I make tamales and I also make a turkey. My scale hates me anyway so I'm just gonna do me on that day 😋

Sound delicious! Enjoy
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I won't. Food coma by 4 is my goal.

Eating early is good!
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    I promise myself that if I'm good all week before and all week after, then on Thanksgiving anything and everything is fair game! I think vacations and holidays should be spent enjoying good food. Everything in moderation and one day on occasion is good for you.

Awesome! Enjoy
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    go_cubs wrote: »
    MrTee1985 wrote: »
    Easy, I hate thanksgiving food lol. Christmas is a different story.

What’s the difference?

With my family there is a big difference between Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Thanksgiving is a turkey stuffed with stuffing and whole bunch of sides like green bean casserole, chipotle sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, several deserts, etc.

Christmas is a more formal dinner...usually a prime rib roast, a salad or soup starter, and either mashed or roasted potatoes and a veg...usually roasted brussels sprouts and a pie for desert...usually pecan.
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    I promise myself that if I'm good all week before and all week after, then on Thanksgiving anything and everything is fair game! I think vacations and holidays should be spent enjoying good food. Everything in moderation and one day on occasion is good for the soul! ;)

Your absolutely right! Everything in moderation we should live life and enjoy we only got one.🙂 enjoy
  • missebet
    missebet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work it out as how many weekly calories I can have as a maintenance week, plus more walking and will plan accordingly. That will also be the start of a maintenance period for the holidays, as there is too much good stuff I refuse to miss out on at least tasting.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what I did but I ate my normal high cal/refeed intake that weekend, actually probably less because there was no pasta :'(
  • myawsomeboys
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    It's one day. I have no plans to avoid over-eating :)

Enjoy.😉