Men's Lifestyle MFP Thread

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i just finished changing the spark plugs and wires out in my pickup. been putting it off but weathers beautiful today. think I'm gonna go ahead and take it through the car wash in a bit. finally polish the wheels after. it's been forever since i have.

gonna cook me a steak later.
    prob have a cigar and a beer after that.

My engine light is on.....fix it and steaks, cigars, and beer is on me.

4r9j7rp8xtj7.gif
    Fixed.. now where's my beer and steak? 🤣
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    i just finished changing the spark plugs and wires out in my pickup. been putting it off but weathers beautiful today. think I'm gonna go ahead and take it through the car wash in a bit. finally polish the wheels after. it's been forever since i have.

grab a wifi odbi port reader for scans. sometimes u just need to clear the light if its nothing major

I was going to just say disconnect a battery terminal and see if it comes back lol...

I didn't know you could get a wifi obd reader... Awesome!

I've never been good with cars.

u have me. honestly if u have any issues or questions, feel free to ask

Why does my steeering wheel wiggle ?

if this is a serious question, then most likely its due to either wheel alignment or incorrect PSI in tires. rough roads causes this too

or ur knees is prob hitting it on the bottom and u dont even realize it :D

Dead serious lol everytime I hit a bump my steering wheel rattles

most likely a wheel alignment issue. change in suspension load can mess with the camber/toe. if u hold on to the steering wheel straight ahead, are u driving straight? or do u need to correct it

Nah for the most part she drives right it just shakes and rattles at every bump

What about when you break?

I had a problem with my steering shaking whenever I stopped... I replaced the rotors and that fixed it..

#luvubackjack
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    I have a hard time spending money on myself, I just can't justify it. I even cut my own hair and buy $10 jeans. But i bought a $65 pair or Arizona dress casual shoes for $12 last night.
    I have a hard time spending money on myself, I just can't justify it. I even cut my own hair and buy $10 jeans. But i bought a $65 pair or Arizona dress casual shoes for $12 last night.

i cut my own hair and buy 15$ jeans

Dude... I don't know if you have a Burlington coat factory in your area but I've bought $80 Buffalo jeans for like $20... If I buy jeans I go there first

And during the holiday season, I've found that Macy's is really not expensive as you'd think... If you really want new clothes or just to bargain... Look for their 1 Day sales...

They really are cheaper than Kohl's...

We have that. And i do a lot of smart shopping. Most of my underarmor shirts are from marshalls that i paid 16$ for when its still 60$ on the website

Kohls really isnt that cheap unless u have a lot of coupons to stack

And agreed with macys. They do have a lot of good sales. 2 weeks ago i stocked up on clearance ck underwear for 1.97 each ( retailed for 25$ each )

They opened up a primark in my area and thats like a super cheap clothing store similar to h and m. Love it. 3$ t shirts 15$ jeans 6.50 sweat pants. Great quality too

i cut my own hair and buy 15$ jeans

Dude... I don't know if you have a Burlington coat factory in your area but I've bought $80 Buffalo jeans for like $20... If I buy jeans I go there first

And during the holiday season, I've found that Macy's is really not expensive as you'd think... If you really want new clothes or just to bargain... Look for their 1 Day sales...

They really are cheaper than Kohl's...

im like a bloodhound for a good sale, these ladies got nothing on me. Haven't stepped foot in a JCPenney in like 10 years they got the best sale going on right now

That's awesome... I've heard premium underwear is hella worth it to buy and at that price, I wish I was there lol... When I do buy, now I know not to pay 25 and wait for the sale...

Usually Amazon has everyone beat on just about everything, and I've actually bought some pretty cool clothes from them also...

If I didn't have to sleep today for work tonight, I would hella be going to jc penny's lol

But the question always pops up in my head... Do I need this? Lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

4r9j7rp8xtj7.gif
    Fixed.. now where's my beer and steak? 🤣

That's hot... Literally 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    @Will_Workout_for_food

Another auto question for you Dude..

I've got an old Acura tl that apparently has bad temperature sensor... I kept thinking that it was overheating and replaced like everything only to be told by a mechanic with an obd reader that it's the sensor...

So if I drive it, and the temp gauge redlines... I don't have to worry about it actually overheating do I, since it's just a sensor?

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Something I read this morning on intermittent fasting I thought was interesting... I'll just screen shot it lol...

5q4mzoj2ayww.jpg

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    @Will_Workout_for_food

I've got an old Acura tl that apparently has bad temperature sensor... I kept thinking that it was overheating and replaced like everything only to be told by a mechanic with an obd reader that it's the sensor...

So if I drive it, and the temp gauge redlines... I don't have to worry about it actually overheating do I, since it's just a sensor?

If u know 100% that its just the sensor, than no worries as its just an inaccurate reading

Since u had u replaced everything u should be fine.

R u gonna replace the sensor? Its less than 100 for the part so it may b worth it for the peace of mind. Plus it should b a simple DIY swap

I probably should just replace it, they told me to drive it around a bit and see if it comes back but I don't really ever use it...

I've got to drive it like 80 miles so I can smog it because they disconnected the battery and reset it... I'll never rack up those miles around town and don't want to risk it on my commute... Although I'll probably have to just bite the bullet and do it lol

Thanks man
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    @Will_Workout_for_food

If u know 100% that its just the sensor, than no worries as its just an inaccurate reading

Since u had u replaced everything u should be fine.

R u gonna replace the sensor? Its less than 100 for the part so it may b worth it for the peace of mind. Plus it should b a simple DIY swap

I probably should just replace it, they told me to drive it around a bit and see if it comes back but I don't really ever use it...

I've got to drive it like 80 miles so I can smog it because they disconnected the battery and reset it... I'll never rack up those miles around town and don't want to risk it on my commute... Although I'll probably have to just bite the bullet and do it lol

Thanks man

U dont meed to do 80 miles. U just need to get on the highway for 10 miles, hit low speeds and high speed ( no more than 60 mph) and bring it straight to the shop for smog. I gotta do mine next year as i have a check engine light for running no cats ( lol ). So i need to clear it, drive for a bit and get my inspection done praying it will be good hahah

I would def replace it! U can even get the part used on ebay. Or an aftermarket part for cheap

Holy smokes... Well I know what I'm doing this weekend then lol... Thanks again man
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Do other men go to regular scheduled doctors appts even if there isnt an ailment thats excisted for several weeks already?

yes.

I get an annual check-up.

.... just so my wife stops bugging me about it.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Do other men go to regular scheduled doctors appts even if there isnt an ailment thats excisted for several weeks already?

I don't.. Not at all...

The only time I ever go is if it's keeping me from working out lol