Core issues

Options
mtdb8
mtdb8 Posts: 65 Member
So I tried to do a plank today and realized my core is too weak to do one properly.

Anyone know some core exercises for someone who isn't strong enough to do the ones on the blog?

It seems like all those are for people who already have a good core to start.

Replies

• beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Stomach vacuums -- a very simple but powerful and often neglected exercise that helps with core strength.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    In addition to planks, my core workout includes waist side-crunches, deadbugs (I do 10 reps each side with a 10-second hold), deep abs ball transfer (lying on my back with either an unweighted 7" ball, or a weighted pilates ball) between my hands, feet flat on the ground, knees bent, arms stretched out behind my head, and then, while tensing abs, passing the ball from between hands to between knees, lowering arms and legs, then raising them again to pass the ball back, then lowering once more and repeating).

I also do a number of dumbbell lifts seated or lying in bridge position on a stability ball, which adds a slight core component to the exercise.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Start out with your knees on the floor and work up to being on your toes. Eventually add side planks, then lying on your back and writing the alphabet in the air with your feet. It's hard, but the first time you make it all the way to Z you'll be so proud of your progress!