I'm stuck in plateau :(

Options
I'm stuck in plateau and can't progress
I have a small bloated belly I tried Cardio and Power-lifting and nothing happened :(
Some 1 help?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how long have you not lost weight for?
  • kariemi
    kariemi Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    2 weeks
  • kariemi
    Options
    kariemi wrote: »
    2 weeks

that's not a plateau, weight loss just isn't linear. keep eating in a deficit and you'll lose weight.

Now I have central obesity with the thinnest body
    This situation continued for a month

can u tell me what's the wrong please?
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

When I came back on here, got actively into my exercise routine it took a few weeks for the scale to begin dropping.

When I came back, I had actually started 10lbs heavier. I’ve been active for 81 days and lost 20lbs.

I’m not sure your workout plan. For myself, I’ve been doing solely the elliptical. I started off doing 30min and then going a full hour plus, over time. When I find my body getting comfortable and almost easy, I up the resistance and or add time, or both.

As long as you stick to your calorie count and exercise accurately, you should watch the scale move again.
  • BoxerLover2012
    BoxerLover2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost more weight riding a bicycle and using my husbands home gym. Ive read that lifting weights is beneficial to weight loss. U will burn cals for a period of time after u finish lifting weights than with cardio. When u r done with cardio so is calorie burn. If u r worried bout bulking up dont b. It takes sm serious lifting and a very strict diet to look like a body builder.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    2 weeks

that's not a plateau, weight loss just isn't linear. keep eating in a deficit and you'll lose weight.

It is perfectly normal to go a couple of weeks without losing weight on the scale. A plateau/stall would be more like for 6-8 weeks. If your main concern is your mid-section, this thread might help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • kariemi
    Options

When I came back on here, got actively into my exercise routine it took a few weeks for the scale to begin dropping.

When I came back, I had actually started 10lbs heavier. I’ve been active for 81 days and lost 20lbs.

I’m not sure your workout plan. For myself, I’ve been doing solely the elliptical. I started off doing 30min and then going a full hour plus, over time. When I find my body getting comfortable and almost easy, I up the resistance and or add time, or both.

As long as you stick to your calorie count and exercise accurately, you should watch the scale move again.

I do Power-lifting 3 times a week as well as aerobic exercises
    The calories I eat are much less than my need and the whole food is healthy
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What height and weight are you?

• kariemi
    Options
    I lost more weight riding a bicycle and using my husbands home gym. Ive read that lifting weights is beneficial to weight loss. U will burn cals for a period of time after u finish lifting weights than with cardio. When u r done with cardio so is calorie burn. If u r worried bout bulking up dont b. It takes sm serious lifting and a very strict diet to look like a body builder.

Yes I agree with you but this situation continues for a very long time
    I'm stuck in this weight
  • nickgolledge
    nickgolledge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I sympathise with the OP! Being "skinny fat" and trying to lose that belly is really hard and it seems you can be in calorie deficit all week then one bad day over the weekend and it all goes back on!
  • kariemi
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    2 weeks

It is perfectly normal to go a couple of weeks without losing weight on the scale. A plateau/stall would be more like for 6-8 weeks. If your main concern is your mid-section, this thread might help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

thank you for sharing
    Looks good
  • kariemi
    Options
    What height and weight are you?

height 179 cm = 70.4 inches =5.8 feet
    weight 80 kg = 176.36 pounds
    Net weight without clothes
  • kariemi
    Options
    I sympathise with the OP! Being "skinny fat" and trying to lose that belly is really hard and it seems you can be in calorie deficit all week then one bad day over the weekend and it all goes back on!

Yes it is a discouraged
    I can not lose this belly even though I work hard
    Thank you
  • kariemi
    Options
    I can not say that I have a disease like bowel inflammation or colon
    Could this be the case?
  • RideLiftRun
    RideLiftRun Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Random people on the internet can't make a diagnosis, only your doctor can do that. If you're worried that you might have bowel or colon inflammation, please go and see your doctor.

As to lack of weight loss - you've not provided all that much information so it's hard for people in here to offer you advice. How tight is your logging? Are you logging absolutely every single thing - drinks, condiments, cooking oils, spices, any "cheat meals" you may have? Do you use a food scale to measure everything? If you open your diary, people may be able to help you spot logging errors. Plus give more details on your lifting program (how many times a week, compound/split, progressive overload?).

Alternatively, there's a huge amount of information on the stickied threads - if you read through them, you're likely to find answers to most of your questions. Good luck!
  • orenshani7
    orenshani7 Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Did you try intervals training? If not, you should. Are you training in a Gym? If yes, ask the instructions about it.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    How are you sure about the calories you need vs the calories you're burning vs the calories you're consuming?

Are you using a food scale and weighing your food? How are you tracking calories burned?
  • kariemi
    Options
    Random people on the internet can't make a diagnosis, only your doctor can do that. If you're worried that you might have bowel or colon inflammation, please go and see your doctor.

As to lack of weight loss - you've not provided all that much information so it's hard for people in here to offer you advice. How tight is your logging? Are you logging absolutely every single thing - drinks, condiments, cooking oils, spices, any "cheat meals" you may have? Do you use a food scale to measure everything? If you open your diary, people may be able to help you spot logging errors. Plus give more details on your lifting program (how many times a week, compound/split, progressive overload?).

Alternatively, there's a huge amount of information on the stickied threads - if you read through them, you're likely to find answers to most of your questions. Good luck!
    it's public now
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kariemi
    I calculate everything that uses a weight scale
    thanks for advice
  • kariemi
    Options
    orenshani7 wrote: »
    Did you try intervals training? If not, you should. Are you training in a Gym? If yes, ask the instructions about it.

I'm training at 2pm in the gym three times a week