I'm stuck in plateau :(

Options

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I took a really quick look at your diary and I think you need to tighten up your logging. You have what appears to be partially logged days, peanuts weighed as fluid ounces, 1/2 apples, etc. Don't use homemade recipes from the database unless you input it yourself - you have no idea how someone else made their recipe.

This thread gives some good information on how to log:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • kariemi
    kariemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    How are you sure about the calories you need vs the calories you're burning vs the calories you're consuming?

Are you using a food scale and weighing your food? How are you tracking calories burned?

yup, i use food scale and add all meals in myfitnesspal app
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Intervals are a great idea!
  • kariemi
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I took a really quick look at your diary and I think you need to tighten up your logging. You have what appears to be partially logged days, peanuts weighed as fluid ounces, 1/2 apples, etc. Don't use homemade recipes from the database unless you input it yourself - you have no idea how someone else made their recipe.

This thread gives some good information on how to log:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

Yes the last 3 days may be bad because I feel a little frustrated
    I'm using the homemade recipes if close and some recipes I do it myself
    When I can't find a recipe on the application I choose higher or larger calories than I actually ate
    When I can find the grammeter I convert it
    You can look at this day because
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kariemi?date=2018-11-08
  • kariemi
    Options
    Intervals are a great idea!

PLease can u tell me a little bit more?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    kariemi wrote: »

Now I have central obesity with the thinnest body
    This situation continued for a month

can u tell me what's the wrong please?

Are you sure you need weight loss rather than fitness? I think you say later that you eat at a calorie deficit. You won’t build muscle in a deficit.

I didn’t see where you say how much you weigh or how tall you are. If you are at or near a healthy BMI, you might want an entire new strategy. But it takes much longer than 2 weeks to build much muscle.

I could tell you the story of the mess I made for myself focusing on the number on the scale, when I should have pursued fitness, but it’s too depressing.
  • orenshani7
    orenshani7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    orenshani7 wrote: »
    Did you try intervals training? If not, you should. Are you training in a Gym? If yes, ask the instructions about it.

I'm training at 2pm in the gym three times a week

OK and may I ask what kind of training do you do?
  • kariemi
    edited November 2018
    Options
    88olds wrote: »

Now I have central obesity with the thinnest body
    This situation continued for a month

can u tell me what's the wrong please?

Are you sure you need weight loss rather than fitness? I think you say later that you eat at a calorie deficit. You won’t build muscle in a deficit.

I didn’t see where you say how much you weigh or how tall you are. If you are at or near a healthy BMI, you might want an entire new strategy. But it takes much longer than 2 weeks to build much muscle.

I could tell you the story of the mess I made for myself focusing on the number on the scale, when I should have pursued fitness, but it’s too depressing.

Are you sure you need weight loss rather than fitness? I think you say later that you eat at a calorie deficiency. You will not build muscle in a deficit.

______

Yes I want to lose fat to start gain muscle only
    I'm in the fat loss phase now but I still have a belly although my weight is appropriate for my height
    ______

I did not see where you say how much you weigh or how tall you are. If you are at or near a healthy BMI, you might want an entire new strategy. But it takes much longer than 2 weeks to build much muscle.

______

height 179 cm = 70.4 inches = 5.8 feet
    weight 80 kg = 176.36 pounds
    Net weight without clothes
    ______

I could tell you the story of the mess I made for myself focusing on the number on the scale, when I should have pursued fitness, but it's too depressing.

______

If you have time of course I would be very grateful

Thank you for your reply.
    I feel like you understand my problem
  • kariemi
    edited November 2018
    Options

• kariemi
    Options
    I want to add something 5 days ago I went to the gym
    Then I ate enough protein and then after 5 hours i went to practice football for an hour and a half
    Although I felt fatigue, but when I returned home I found that I lost almost half a kilo and when I woke up the next day I found that I lost a kilogram and a quarter
    Then in two days I gained this weight again despite I kept my calories in goal
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Then I ate enough protein and then after 5 hours i went to practice football for an hour and a half
    Although I felt fatigue, but when I returned home I found that I lost almost half a kilo and when I woke up the next day I found that I lost a kilogram and a quarter

you need to look at your weight trend over weeks and months, not a few days.

you're describing completely normal fluctuations.
  • kariemi
    Options
    Did you try intervals training? If not, you should. Are you training in a Gym? If yes, ask the instructions about it.

I'm training at 2pm in the gym three times a week

OK and may I ask what kind of training do you do?

bench press
    squat
    leg press
    DB bench rows break
    DB lateral raise side
    DeadLift

Sometimes I focus on abdominal and chest exercises
    Because I have gynecomastia and problem in lumbar spine
    But I admit the exercises randomly because I do not have a full program
  • kariemi
    Options
    I know this is normal but I want to explain that my body can lose weight quickly but the belly size is constant

• kariemi
    Options

I know this is normal but I want to explain that my body can lose weight quickly but the belly size is constant

• smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options

That's because the "weight" you are losing is not fat. It's not possible to lose (or gain) 1.5kg of fat overnight. A trending app like Libra or Happyscale will show a gradual decrease in your weight over weeks and months IF you are truly eating in a calorie deficit.

I doubt your dairy is accurate, the calories are very low for a man of your height and weight. If you were truly eating so few calories you would probably be really very hungry. Whole meals are often missing. You eat so many fluid ounces of peanuts and oats????, "red meat" is hardly an accurate entry since species and cut can have vastly different calories.

Weigh everything with a food scale, double check your entries with a quick google or look for brand specific entries. There's no point spending time and effort logging if you're not being accurate about it.
  • RideLiftRun
    RideLiftRun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OK there are plenty more experienced people than me in here and hopefully one of them will be round shortly to offer you more advice, but in the meanwhile... I've had a quick look at your diary and second what @RAinWA said - logging seems a bit random, and at times seems to use measurements/estimations rather than weight (such as, 1 medium apple rather than say, 84 g apple). So do read the link about accurate logging, and then be accurate every day, regardless of how frustrated you are ;-).

What jumps out at me is that according to your diary, you often have days well under your calorie goal - in the region of 1200 calories, even less. If you were indeed only consuming that amount, you'd be well under nourished, a young active male needs more calories than that - 1200 is the lowest that MFP tends to give, and that is for small, inactive women. But given that you're not losing weight, I suspect that your logging isn't accurate and you probably consume more than your diary says. So I would suggest you tighten up your logging, and then make sure you do eat the calories allocated to you.

Your protein goal seems pretty low too - I shoot for 100g protein a day, and I'm 5'4" female.

At 80kgs and 179cm, you're already (just) within a healthy BMI. When you don't have a lot to lose, it gets slower and harder. So patience is needed too.

If I was you, I think I would set your weight loss goal to just 0.25kg/0.5 pounds a week, choose moderately active as your activity level, then eat all of your daily calories incl. maybe half of the exercise calories - but make sure your logging is very accurate. I would also suggest that you make sure you get enough protein, and pick a recognised lifting program, rather than just doing random exercises. Here's a good thread to help you choose one: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
    ANd then just be patient, and rather than looking at the scale weight alone, also look at things like inches lost, clothes fitting looser, and fitness goals.

You can't spot reduce, if stomach is where your body stores fat then it'll be the last place to come off. Just keep your deficit, keep lifting and you'll see progress eventually.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

yes because water weight is not the same thing as fat weight.

set an appropriate deficit (sounds like 0.5lb per week for you), get adequate protein, weigh your food and do some strength/resistance training.

be patient and consistent.
  • orenshani7
    orenshani7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Abdominal fat is the emergency energy storage of your body. It is the last thing it will give up. Eventually, if you will be consistent and keep training, it will go down.

In the meantime focus on other aspects of your fitness. Also, ask the instructors in your gym about interval training. They may say it is too early for you thought.

Anoder advice I can give you, especially since you mentioned that you have back problems, is to try something that works on your core muscles, like Pilates or Yoga. Combining core exercises with your gym routine may help you gain muscle strength and flexibility, and prepare you to the next stage.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    You using a food scale? You really need to use one whenever possible. Using it at home will train your eye for when you are out.

You post on the Fitness board? Folks there may prove to be more knowledgeable regarding the specifics.

But consider this, if you are looking for a healthy range BMI, which seems to be about 160 lbs for you, and a high level of fitness, you need good work at the gym, spot on nutrition and time. You need to give it time.

Try to keep from jumping on and off the scale. Weighing multiple time per day is meaningless. Weighing daily will mess up your head. Try to set up a weekly WI, same time, same conditions. Control as many factors as possible. Don’t do the day after lifting. Stressed muscles retain water.

You don’t want to lose weight quickly. Fast weight loss will cost you muscles mass.
  • kariemi
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »

That's because the "weight" you are losing is not fat. It's not possible to lose (or gain) 1.5kg of fat overnight. A trending app like Libra or Happyscale will show a gradual decrease in your weight over weeks and months IF you are truly eating in a calorie deficit.

I doubt your dairy is accurate, the calories are very low for a man of your height and weight. If you were truly eating so few calories you would probably be really very hungry. Whole meals are often missing. You eat so many fluid ounces of peanuts and oats????, "red meat" is hardly an accurate entry since species and cut can have vastly different calories.

Weigh everything with a food scale, double check your entries with a quick google or look for brand specific entries. There's no point spending time and effort logging if you're not being accurate about it.

I actually eat a little bit from 1200 calories to 1500 and sometimes 1000 calories only
    then I eat anything healthy to complete my daily goal of calories
    I don't feel much hungry
    Because I was desperate I decided to try something new
    Try now to eat 50 grams a day of peanuts and 30 grams of Oats