What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Felt good today, so today's elliptical session was a little long with some intervals. 45 min. total: 28 min. Zone 3, 8 min. Zone 4, the rest Zone 2 or below.

The endorphins are lovely. :smile: Have a great day, everyone!
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Back

Single arm row. 10 sets of ten each arm, no rest between.
    Tbar row . 2 century sets.
    Deadlifts 3 sets 30/30/30
    Vbar pulldown. 3 drop sets. 10 reps, drop, 10 more reps. total of 4 drops each set.
    DB shrug century set.
    hypers. 3 sets 20/20/20
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the rower -- not very structured intervals but did them regardless. Did 500m easy, 500m hard X 8 reps. Then just finished with a semi hard anaerobic threshold finish to the end of the hour.

12172 meters (the slow 500s were really slow!).
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    Strength training tonight before dinner:
    - 4 sets landmine deadlift
    - 4 sets assisted pull-ups
    - 3 sets cable rows
    - 3 sets dumbell side raises
    - 2 sets dumbell biceps curl
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike day in my recent alternating workouts, 16,498 pseudo-meters, very easy - barely any Z3 (2:33) the rest of the 45-ish minutes below (mostly in upper Z2). HR graph is almost flat (though with tiny jiggles, of course) - a little below the average rate for the first 8' or so, then close to average until a tiny uphill just before the CD. Hardly working. 😆
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    5 min walk 4 mph @ 6 incline
    50 Banded Sweeps
    15 Pull-ups
    50 Dips
    50 Frog X

6 x 10
    Shrugs
    Rev Grip Lat Pulls
    Supported Dbell Row(Bench Inclined)
    Iso Dbell Row
    V Bar Pulldowns
    Straight Bar Sweeps & To Chest
    Seated Wide Row
    Smith Rev Grip Row
    Meadow Rows
    Iso Pulldowns

Dirty Shirleys 30
    Situps/ Rev Crunches/ Jack Knifes/ Crunches/ Obliques/ Hi Choppers / Low Choppers

1065 Total Reps
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

100 1/2 Jaxs
    75 Skier
    75 Fwd Jump Rope
    25 Hand Release Push-ups
    25 Dbell Swing

6 x 10
    Dbell Mil Press
    Dbell Snatch
    Monkey Rows
    Seated Wide Grip In Row
    Rev Grip Press
    Arnold Press
    Fwd Leaning on Bench Rear Delt
    Lateral Raises
    Land Mine Arc Press
    Smith Mil Press

35s
    Situps/ Supine Bike/ Jack Knifes/ Crunches/ Obliques/ Low Choppers / Hi Choppers

1250 Total Reps
  • makinlifehappen
    Options
    Chest

Machine fly. Partials, full, decline. 3 sets 20/20/ failure
    Decline barrel press 5 count hold at flex 3 sets 12/12/12
    Giant set.
    incline DB press, Incline coffin press, flat barrel press, dips, push ups. 3 sets 20/20/ rest to failure
    Cable fly high century set
    Cable fly low century set.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5K mid-morning...
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    150 minutes on my Elliptical for 10.1 miles.
  • makinlifehappen
    edited December 2021
    Options
    15 minutes on treadmill as it was cold. 6.5 incline 3 speed.

Leggs.
    Extension machine. 6 sets 50/60/70/80/90/100
    Stiff leg raises. 4 sets 20/20/20/20
    Hack squat machine giant set. Feet close, feet close toes out, feet wide, regular 3 sets 20/20/20/20
    Standing hypers, feet pointed out. 3 sets 20/20/20

I ran out of time this morning. So I still have about 1/3rd of the workout left. Including calves.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Rowing machine again. Been on a mission to get the Holiday Meter Challenge done -- 200K meters between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Despite coming down with Covid on Thanksgiving, I'll comfortably hit 200K meters on Christmas Eve.

12460 today. 186K meters for the less than 3 weeks I've been back at it. That's averaging around 10K a day for almost 3 weeks. I'd be a bit more fatigued if I hadn't really paced myself.

One more good day of meters and then a fun, short, hard session on Friday. And then maybe I can get back to X-Training and even lifting again.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ok, after some nudging from others in another thread, I began this today:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/routines/bwf-primer.

Day 1 of the build-up done! Wish me luck for no injuries. :)
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I was not feeling it today so definitely held back. Slow jogged 4 miles.. finished off by walking a 5th mile in 14 min. It turned out to be a decent workout nonetheless. Someone please pass the sangria 🥃🥴
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Options
    I started with a 2 mil run warm up, then did abs n core and then chest.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Same ol', same ol', rowing machine edition, for 8246 meters.

Like Mike, I've been doing the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge, and am at 197,132 cumulative meters, with only 2,868 meters left to hit the 200,000 mark.

Unlike Mike, I was lucky enough not to have Covid during the time period, so the required endurance on the full schedule is not as difficult.

I'd planned 6 days a week, figured I needed 3 days RowErg at minimum 7692 meters per row, and 3 days BikeErg at minimum 15,384 meters per cycle (bike meters count half) to get to 200k by Christmas Eve. What with some extra cool down meters in there, I've crept a bit ahead of schedule.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Gym day today. Warmed up with some foam rolling, dynamic stretching, then 5min treadmill run before trainer session. The usual stuff, with 4 rounds of exercises separated by short high intensity cardio bursts. I alternated between treadmill and assault bike sprints for cardio. Threw in a few Turkish get ups at the end. Trying to make TGUs a regular movement this winter.
  • makinlifehappen
    Options
    20 minutes on treadmill. Incline 7.5 speed 2.5 - 3. It was cold today.

Arms.
    Straight bar Tricep pushdown SS with same bar curls cable machine. 6 sets all 20 reps.
    Ez bar French press SS with Ez bar curl. 6 sets all 20 reps.
    Back to cable machine. Rope pull up SS with rope push downs. Focused on splitting the rope. 6 sets all 20 reps.

My heart rate stayed at about 131 the hole time. It was tougher than I figured.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Full 5.11 mile jog today on the treadmill. A little over 10 min per mile avg. Was going to go for a 10k but ankle was not feeling it. So good enough for today…
  • MikePfirrman
    edited December 2021
    Options
    On the rower getting closer to 200K for the Concept2 Holiday Challenge.

I decided to try to finish the 200K out today and got on the rower and got interrupted by a neighbor bringing over a Holiday card. Could hardly get upset with that but I didn't finish the 200K. I did 11,578 today and have 198,012 cumulative meters (since Thanksgiving).

The rowing today was an easy 65 minutes with an interruption after 15 minutes.