I was 155 in August now I’m 165 what is your goal weight
  • adorexjenn
    adorexjenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 145 and 5’10 my goal is 151
  • JolieTash
    JolieTash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, what are you eating that seems to work I suggest oatmeal with peanut butter every morning
  • JolieTash
    Options
    Hi, I go to the gym and dead lift 60lbs how do you know when it’s time to move up on the weights
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    JolieTash wrote: »
    Hi, I go to the gym and dead lift 60lbs how do you know when it’s time to move up on the weights

How many reps? When you get to the top of the rep range add weight. So if the range is 8-12 and you're at 12 you can add weight. Some programs don't have a rep range and you add weight weekly. What does your program say?
  • JolieTash
    Options
    Hey, thanks I’m not on a program but I do 30 total on that machine
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    And maybe also better results if you deadlift with a barbell, not a machine.
  • JolieTash
    Options
    You'll get better results if you follow an actual programme

Thanks, What program do you suggest
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options

What are your goals?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    And maybe also better results if you deadlift with a barbell, not a machine.

I agree dumb bells and barbells give better range of motion and you work more muscle groups. using machines do not do this. you will see better results using free weights
  • JolieTash
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What are your goals?

I would like to gain 10 lbs
  • JolieTash
    Options
    Thanks @charliebeans...

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Thanks @charliebeans...

yw
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What are your goals?

I would like to gain 10 lbs

What are your goals outside of weight gain? We often only think in terms of numbers but often numbers alone don't give us the results we want. What we really want is a specific body image.

For example, do you want all 10 lbs to go to your stomach or other parts of your body?
  • JolieTash
    Options
    @psulemon I would like to gain a bigger butt with a flat stomach but it seems like when I rotate between leg day then stomach day then glutes day I start to loose weight rapidly. I'm generally a slim woman so I guess my body rejects the calories. I was working out for a year already and my stomach was my only results.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @psulemon I would like to gain a bigger butt with a flat stomach but it seems like when I rotate between leg day then stomach day then glutes day I start to loose weight rapidly. I'm generally a slim woman so I guess my body rejects the calories. I was working out for a year already and my stomach was my only results.

You would probably want to run StrongCurves to start. Its largely glute focused. Also aim to gain about 1/2-3/4 lb per week. That will help with minimizing fst gains.

Additional, if you lose, its probably from a lack of calories. So track your calories and if you don't consistently gain over a few weeks, than you will need to add more calories.
  • JolieTash
    Options
    @psuLemon Thanks