Pictures of low carb meal

Options
lykaalhus
lykaalhus Posts: 14 Member
Hey. My goal is to consume 1250 total calories everyday for my low carb diet. Please share pics of your low carb meal 😊 Appreciate it!

Replies

• lykaalhus
    Options
    b5ajzlaj1ssi.jpeg
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Chicken Caesar salad with creamy caesar dressing, double cheddar cheese and bacon. x8mnzcbzfd7a.jpg
  • xmarye
    Options
    lykaalhus wrote: »
    b5ajzlaj1ssi.jpeg

Where's the fat though? Please tell me that chicken is either drenched in butter or sitting on a big pile of bacon :smiley:
  • lykaalhus
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    Chicken Caesar salad with creamy caesar dressing, double cheddar cheese and bacon. x8mnzcbzfd7a.jpg

That looks really yumm 🤩😋 good idea for my lunch or dinner tomorrow 😃. There’s no fat from my dinner earlier. Just protein and a little fiber and carbs. Is it alright like that? Or what do you have in mind?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    *imagine a picture of a steak*
  • xmarye
    Options

That looks really yumm 🤩😋 good idea for my lunch or dinner tomorrow 😃. There’s no fat from my dinner earlier. Just protein and a little fiber and carbs. Is it alright like that? Or what do you have in mind?

Well if you take away the carbs, you need to add some fat! It's just basic math :wink:

I do keto presently (less then 20g of carbs per day) and I eat higher fat and moderate protein. I don't gorge on fat, but I make sure I eat some to reach my calorie goal! My numbers are 1350cals 5% carbs 25% protein and 70% fat

You can tweak according to what you prefer. I used to do low carb in between 70-120g of carbs. You could also eat all the carbs if you wanted!

But I prefer low carb, and doing low carb low fat wouldn't be realistic lol. Hope that makes sense!!
  • lykaalhus
    edited November 2018
    Options
  • lykaalhus
    Options
    [/quote]

Well if you take away the carbs, you need to add some fat! It's just basic math :wink:

I do keto presently (less then 20g of carbs per day) and I eat higher fat and moderate protein. I don't gorge on fat, but I make sure I eat some to reach my calorie goal! My numbers are 1350cals 5% carbs 25% protein and 70% fat

You can tweak according to what you prefer. I used to do low carb in between 70-120g of carbs. You could also eat all the carbs if you wanted!

But I prefer low carb, and doing low carb low fat wouldn't be realistic lol. Hope that makes sense!![/quote]

That was really helpful. Thanks so much. I’m new to weighing all of my food intake and really controlling carbs, fat, etc. I’m still learning this MFP. But that makes so much sense 😊 Thanks again.
  • lykaalhus
    Options
    Tuna fish salad at 233 cal69xa9w1pm20b.jpeg
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Spinach artichoke parmesan dip with red/green bell peppers, garlic and onions. Served with Mission brand low carb tortilla chips.
    c13xec3ra0jh.jpg

Broccoli cauliflower cheese soup, with carrots, onions, garlic, turnips, celery. I like to add freshly sauteed mushrooms to my bowl right before eating.
    4ntrw6k62e6x.jpg

Pizza on a yeasted Carbquik crust. Normally I just use Mission brand low carb tortillas for a nice St. Louis-style cracker-thin crust.
    96yf68mric0a.jpg

Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, scrambled with Egg Beaters and topped with parmesan.
    ti09aa1ag4qt.jpg

Spinach, sun-dried tomato, garlic, onion, scrambled with Egg Beaters and topped with feta. Served with Carbquik flax garlic onion frying pan biscuits.
    4zkswx66nd6t.jpg

• lykaalhus
    edited November 2018
    Options
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    jtqz4w3r7y1h.jpeg
    Homemade pizza using a cauliflower pizza crust (cauliflower, 1 egg, parm cheese), topped with cheese, broccoli, and chicken. I don’t like sauce and the cauliflower crust is excellent without sauce, moist enough to not need anything.
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Options
    We actually did pizza tonight, so here's my St. Louis style on a low carb tortilla-

cpnjjo0fy9un.jpg

It was about 430 calories, but worth it. I think it worked out to about 12g of carb, but it had a lot of onion. For comparison, mom's boyfriend ordered a medium Domino's Extravaganzza, and each slice (1/8 of the pizza) is 26g of carb.

This is a 7-inch tortilla, so it's perfect for a personal pizza, or if you have something to go with it like a big salad, you could split it with someone.

Caramelized onions, garlic, red/green bell peppers. (The olive oil used to do this added extra calories. If you put these on fresh instead, it'll drop about 60 calories. I was just trying something different. Totally worth the extra calories, imho.)
    Tomato sauce.
    Black olives.
    Turkey pepperoni.
    Italian sausage crumbles.
    Mushrooms.
    Mozzarella, with a sprinkle of parmesan/romano.
    Onion/garlic powder.
    Italian seasoning.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options

What's the dressing?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki spaghetti with lots of spinach, mushroom, celery, red pepper, onion, meatballs. Not keto but def. low carb. Home made pasta sauce.
    0h72wjaheofm.jpg
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Wow no bacon picture yet.....
  • lykaalhus
    Options
    iowalinda wrote: »

What's the dressing?

I just used balsamic glaze.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't specifically eat low carb but here's a couple of my meals that are lower in carb: bolognese with zoodles, low carb burgers (if you take away the sweet potato fries) and bacon wrapped chicken with veges. I'm pretty basic I suppose but it's tasty!

o4f556btfuyj.png
    mi9nv326ijfo.png
    f8dqh2c6se68.png
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    p7a04qxaqk1e.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Low carb & low fat aren't a healthy combination. I don't eat low carb OR low fat because I don't have medical issues that require it.

1250 calories is almost certainly a calorie deficit for you. That's where the weight loss will come from....reduced calories. Just eat food you like in portions that add up to 1250 calories. Get a decent amount of protein, fat and fiber. Unless you have medical issues, you don't need to limit carbs unless you like eating that way.

There are low carb groups to help you: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum