abble_pie
abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
1 can black beans
1/3 cup instant oats
2 tbs ketchup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp hamburger seasoning

Mash black beans with a fork until some are mostly pureed, but still some bean parts in tact. Stir in spices, ketchup and oats. Form into 4 patties and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes on each side.

140 calories each with 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber

Replies

• AnnelizabethB
    AnnelizabethB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Think I'll try this tomorrow as a filler for my zucchini boats
  • woofus
    woofus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of 'hamburger seasoning'. Is that what it's called on the bottle? I'd like to try these.
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I think I'm going to try these right now I don't know what hamburger seasoning is but I might throw in a little worshteishire sauce like I usually do my burger beans are so good for you thanks for the awesome recipie
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Sounds too easy :) Definitely going to give them a try! I'm thinking the Hamburger seasoning might be like steak seasoning?
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sounds too easy :) Definitely going to give them a try! I'm thinking the Hamburger seasoning might be like steak seasoning?

I was wondering the same thing. Like maybe a Montreal Steak seasoning by McCormick?
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You could use Adobo made by Goya or the McCormick's Montreal seasoning is awesome as well. Thanks for the recipe. Will Steel cut oats work?
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the easy recipe. Don't like fried homemade burgers & baked is better anyway. I have some homemade adobo I guess I could use in this. Ingredients already on the list for the next supermarket trip.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsFitNSexySimmons
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!

I am always on the lookout for recipes that have minimal ingredients and take minimal time to make.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good and easy, too! Thanks!
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oooh will try, but probably on my counter top grill.

I imagine they would be good with any kind of seasoning. I think I'll make a chipotle 'ranch' (yogurt mixed with garlic, parsley, dill) to go with these!

Onion mix always makes for good burgers too. ;)
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Will Steel cut oats work?

Only if you want severely under-cooked oatbits in your burgs. You could, however, blitz them in a food pro or blender and make oat flour.
  • AnnelizabethB
    AnnelizabethB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight for dinner but put the mix into zucchini boats, added Worcestershire sauce and it was OUTSTANDING!! my boys ate seconds :)
  • toddmoore83
    toddmoore83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1 can black beans
    1/3 cup instant oats
    2 tbs ketchup
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp hamburger seasoning

Mash black beans with a fork until some are mostly pureed, but still some bean parts in tact. Stir in spices, ketchup and oats. Form into 4 patties and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes on each side.

140 calories each with 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber

going to try these..
  • Storm2685
    Options
    bump :)
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I love black bean burgers! I'd love to try this recipe. :) I've made them before with cumin and garlic powder.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    Options
    bump
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    sounds good