How do you de-stress?

Options

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Beating up goons as Batman on PS4. Hanging with my chickens, they are adorable and hilarious, and also lay breakfast. Running.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Bush walks in winter and massages they are all year round.. these are my next ultimate
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Garden, walking, chill with my dogs, burn essential oils, do guided meditation, take a guilt free nap, cook healthy food.
    Probably the most important thing I’ve done this year, is recognising potential stress points and getting rid of or dealing with the situation before it grows momentum.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    p8bleau5r63y.jpeg

That's what my brother does! He is so rough on cymbals. I don't have to think about what else to get him for his birthday.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    gym, epsom salt bath or go for A run
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Reading and podcasts!!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Cycling, and lately running. When I had kids at home, sewing was a great de-stressor, I liked that I could lose myself in the details, and when I was done I had unique outfits for my girls. It did make for a messy house, though.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    sleep, take a bubble bath or drink lol
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What is de-stressing? ☺️
    I travel a lot. That’s my best de-stress technique. At work or for daily decompression - I like going to the gym or for a walk.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Running, lifting, dancing to music. Reading. Sitting outside and watching birds. Walks in nature. Hot coffee with foamy milk and dark chocolate. Foam rolling. Hot showers. Big long hugs (and other affection) from my husband.
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I run as if I don’t I feel very irritable... as Iam mother of 2 boys 11, 12 , LPN, married. Just my way de stressing .. Denise
  • twineclipse
    twineclipse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to lie down, close my eyes, relax my body completely, and spend 5 minutes or so thinking of things that make me grateful. I feel that training your brain to seek graditude in the simplest of things significantly lowers my stress levels.

Stress is no fun. I get this heavy feeling on the bottom of my stomach and can’t focus. I use my brain a lot and graditude really helps me get back in the groove!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Walk and listen to a variety of podcast and mind breathing, or tai chi or Pilates.
  • bunnyaa
    bunnyaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Baking, especially this time of the year. And then eating whatever I've made😉 The whole process is just relaxing. I don't get to it very often as I have a 1 and 3 year old, but when I do, I take my time and go through the steps. A good hour or two is usually enough to unwind and set me in a good mood for a couple of days.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Walk swim bike lift hike