How do you de-stress?

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Walk and play word games to distract myself. I often do this at the same time on the treadmill using apps on my phone.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    yoga, cardio, prayer, reading
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    For coping with anxiety or stress, I tend to listen to music from the Heart Radio station while out on a walk in the evening to clear my mind, or I do my house cleaning at work and try to keep myself busy with distracting my mind onto other things more important than what I am stressing over.

If you go on a computer, Ipad or vice versa, I do recommend to you to try a creative writing hobby or interest. I personally find roleplay writing with a friend can work wonders for venting off any frustration.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    fh4nbovxol2g.jpg

This is a screen shot of a video taken on a Bush chill out beside one of our best fires.. :):):) it was toastie.. ;)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    dhqzmh9rys3b.jpeg

I book a float session! Or I take a bubble bath 🧼

Like it!!
  • ElC_76
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Hiking
    Alcohol and eating badly. I’m trying to do less of this but it’s hard. This is my first thought whenever I have a bad day at work. My work is stressful so this is happening way too much

Alcohol and bad eating is tempting but is becoming and old habit. * hugs * hope u can find a alternatives. Glad u shared it with us. U might find someone that can help
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lifting! Church 😊
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I de-stress a number of ways depending on time and what I feel like and what is causing the stress.
    Walking is pretty much always good anyway for me to destress
    Running/cycling is perfect for the de-stressing whilst agitated or angry or Well something that need to come out
    Knitting or sewing or reading is great to de-stress when feeling OK and I am looking for a way to get the day away from me before going to bed
    Baking bread or cooking or walking is a de/avoid-stresser when I need to think but don't want to think. Something is then on the back of my mind and I need to think it through but not in the foreground I know I have my best work done then if i do keep mildly busy with something else. If I think to hard it becomes stress by doing something like this I avoid the stress but I know that I will make my mind up as well.

Now form this list it looks as if I have it all sussed, but even when you know how to handle it it can still be a list.Not scoring perfectly but this way I keep a handle on things
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These days 100% of my stress is work related from putting in 50-60+ hours per/week.

Other than long vacations with my wife and daughter, my releases are: exercise, practicing my musical instruments, reading a book or sitting listening to music with a cold beer. On rare occasion, I also enjoy sitting alone at Starbucks staring at nothing and thinking.

Everyone should find an outlet for sanity sake.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    epsom salt baths and asmr videos on youtube on my ipad for two things I do. I like to read too. Also I play guitar and piano for fun.
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Also, I forgot to add, I tend to have sea salted warm baths or read a book.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Bike ride, hike, ski, swim, climb.
  • ElC_76
    edited November 2018
    Options
    If it hits me when i cant walk away ie traveling in the back of a car, i come online here and chat to u peeps :) or check friends statuses .
    Mostly find someone to make u happy or make them happy. That helps alot

Another idea to make your laugh is to ask Google assist for a joke or tell it you're stressed out or sad it's quite funny, check it out.. lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Hiking
    Alcohol and eating badly. I’m trying to do less of this but it’s hard. This is my first thought whenever I have a bad day at work. My work is stressful so this is happening way too much

I have meetings two afternoons a week that can be stressful, so I try to take a long lunch those days and lift heavy, so I'm nice and relaxed for the meetings.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hiking

I have meetings two afternoons a week that can be stressful, so I try to take a long lunch those days and lift heavy, so I'm nice and relaxed for the meetings.

I really don’t think I can do something prophylactic. But I can take something. And so I’m going to look into medication. Especially now that winter is coming and I’m unlikely to go hiking or be outside as much. Plus the days are so short and the lack of sun makes me depressed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hiking

I really don’t think I can do something prophylactic. But I can take something. And so I’m going to look into medication. Especially now that winter is coming and I’m unlikely to go hiking or be outside as much. Plus the days are so short and the lack of sun makes me depressed.

Vit D?