Is it enough?

Options
What do you think 500 to 600 Calories per day is it enough for a 46 male with no activities?

Replies

• amirfawzyhanna
    amirfawzyhanna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To push the boady to burn more fat.
  • amirfawzyhanna
    Options
    To push the boady to burn more fat.

No, it doesn't work like that.

what will be the negative effects?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Where's my nope kitty shirt when I need it? In the laundry most likely....

Nope. Not enough.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    What do you think 500 to 600 Calories per day is it enough for a 46 male with no activities?

It's dangerous, even under a doctor's care.
  • amirfawzyhanna
    Options
    Malnutrition, hair loss, anemia, tachycardia, bone thinning, brain shrinkage, muscle loss, lower immune system, edema, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, loss of energy and eventually death plus lots of other nasty stuff.

Thanks for your comment, good to know and have to rethink.
  • amirfawzyhanna
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    That amount of calories is dangerously low. I suspect you want to lose weight quickly and that is the reason why you asked the question.
    Virtual starvation is both very unhealthy and weight loss becomes unattainable in the long term.

If you genuinely want to lose weight it has to be a long term sustained process otherwise you will gain back everything you lost. That's a proven fact.

Maintaining a healthy weight doesn't just factor in calorie consumption. You absolutely have to exercise, even a little, if you want to keep weight from coming back especially as you get older!

Aim for 1200 - 1400 calories per day as the absolute minimum and try to get some exercise even if it's only 30 minutes a day. Try to make sure you are getting plenty of protein in that range. Most men need a minimum of 65 grams per day but the over 40 crowd needs more like 90 grams per day due to muscle loss.

Thanks for reply, so it is a long term maybe endless journey
  • Patkeenen
    Patkeenen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started mid July of this year and dropped about 30 pounds. I stuck to a 1500 calorie diet of protien shake in the morning and fruits veggies and chicken for lunch and ate what ever the family was having for dinner but reduced portions. I exercised 4-5 days a week with only walking 30 minutes each time. Starting weight 225 current weight 195. I dropped from size 36 waist to a lose 34. Diet is 90 percent of weight loss.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Malnutrition, hair loss, anemia, tachycardia, bone thinning, brain shrinkage, muscle loss, lower immune system, edema, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, loss of energy and eventually death plus lots of other nasty stuff.

Don’t forget no sex drive