Survey: Which connected fitness gear do you use:

Options
Hi All, I would like to know which connected fitness gear do you use? Fitbit? Garmin? Samsung gear? or whatever? Why did you pick this particular one?

I am currently using a 20$ Chinese smart bracelet that I bought just because I needed a pulse meter, but I am thinking about something more sophisticated, I need something that is useful in the gym but that also counts steps and monitors sleep.

So what do you use?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin for running, but don't have it connected, i log my runs manually
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart for everyday use - Chose it as it is waterproof and I wanted a nice watch too
    Garmin Forerunner 235 for running and hiking as I wanted a non heavy GPS and already had the said vivosmart (and and Oregon for geocaching etc.)
    However for replacement once needed I am eyeing up the iwatch or Suunto The first as it integrates well with out iT systems and the second as it should be, due to the fact that it is European, GDPR compliant
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Charge 2 HR. I really like it.
  • igovern
    igovern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I loved Jawbone when I started a few years ago. But now my Apple Watch sole purpose is to track & record workouts. ⌚️
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip. I like it because I can clip it to my bra or pants pocket.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I have...
    - Garmin VivoSmart
    - Garmin ForeRunner 920XT
    - Garmin ForeRunner 935

All are connected to my phone, none are connected to MFP.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Versa... I really like it and it's connected to MFP.
  • eikalipse
    eikalipse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i use samsung gear fit 2. its ok, does the job. Not happy that is has va small workout onborad choice. For workouts you choose if its vigurous or not .... hm. had microsoft band before, both. shame they are discontinued. Was going to get a fitbit charge 3, but seemingly their step counter is not great. As for watches, they can be bulky and uncomfortable.
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Options
    Garmin forerunner 335. Love it
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 3HR. I'd love a 5X, but they are over a grand up here. I wear it 23/7 and charge it about an hour a day. Gives me most of what I need (but man turn by turn run directions would be nice for trail runs or cross country skiing) and was less than 1/2 the price. Still not cheap.

It's connected to MFP. I don't really use it for tracking weight lifting, except as an activity. I never figured out how to have it track reps so it just tracks my time. But for running calories burned it seems spot on.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Garmin 935. Great connectivity to my phone and I like the versatile workouts. I do sync it with MFP as well. I had a Polar before this and it would keep dropping from my phone which was frustrating since I like the smartwatch part of these type of watches.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Garmin Connect to feed data to MFP

A Forerunner 735XT for routine activity tracking, running and swimming with an HRM Tri for running dynamics data.

Edge 520 for cycling with Speed, Cadence and a Garmin HRM on my CX and road bikes

Edge 520 with Cadence and a power meter and Garmin HRM on my turbo trainer
  • Badger_Up
    Badger_Up Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Switched to Apple Watch from Fitbit Charge 2 last month. Better activity tracking IMHO. No problems integrating it with MFP. Only downside is that it needs to charged every night, so I need to use a sleep tracking app to monitor sleep time.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 5x because, yes @Tacklewasher, turn by turn directions are awesome! :) I upgraded from a Garmin Forerunner 630 because I didn't like the touch screen.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 35. It's a good basic watch, less expensive than most of their watches, but with a better battery than the 15 or 25. It has most of the features I need. I don't have it linked to MFP, but it is linked to Runningahead, where I keep my logs.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 935.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 5x.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Fenix 5s. I want all the fancy performance data from the higher end Garmin devices, but I have child-sized hands and the 5s is the only device that isn’t the size of my face (more literally my palm-which is cumbersome as an all day activity tracking device).
  • Jadesfire93
    Jadesfire93 Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Garmin Instinct with Garmin Connect for MFP. Really like it so far- I wanted something robust but not huge on my wrist, with HR monitoring built in (so a chest strap wouldn't be necessary). And my Vivoactive (2, possibly a 3- there's no number on it) broke, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    garmin forerunner 935 and stryd