Weight gain at 1400 a day

Options

Replies

• felixg1109
    felixg1109 Posts: 172 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, if you have BED you should think for yourself, what it is giving you. And you have to find other ways to reach those goals. For me "Brain over binge" was a very good book (even though i don't share every oppinion with it). Maybe it can be helpful for you.

Besides that i would try to do the 1800kCal and adding some movement to your life. From simple things like standing up and taking a walk around the flat in each commercial break, taking steps and not the elevator, parking further away from entrances up to taking at least one small walk a day. Btw: This helps against the urges too.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you drink a ton of calories, and you don't log it correctly at times. You log a 20 oz Dr. Pepper at 250 calories, then in another entry you log 2.4 cups, which is basically 20 oz, as 150 or so (can't remember the exact #). Maybe try to switch to Diet Dr. Pepper, and try not to drink calories. Some days you drink about 500 calories.

That also makes me think maybe you are using wrong entries for some of your foods. Double check the calories to make sure you are using correct entries.

• neonmage0
    neonmage0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I looked at your diary and you drink a ton of calories, and you don't log it correctly at times. You log a 20 oz Dr. Pepper at 250 calories, then in another entry you log 2.4 cups, which is basically 20 oz, as 150 or so (can't remember the exact #). Maybe try to switch to Diet Dr. Pepper, and try not to drink calories. Some days you drink about 500 calories.

That also makes me think maybe you are using wrong entries for some of your foods. Double check the calories to make sure you are using correct entries.

The difference is between a bottle which is actually 20 oz and a cup from a restaurant which is mostly ice.
  • neonmage0
    neonmage0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If a man your size isn’t losing weight eating 1200 calories, the answer is very simple: you’re not eating 1200 calories.

I started off at 270 pounds and lost easily eating 2200 calories/day. I lost 75 pounds and my calorie goal was never below 2200.

Almost none of my weight is muscle
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    neonmage0 wrote: »
    If a man your size isn’t losing weight eating 1200 calories, the answer is very simple: you’re not eating 1200 calories.

I started off at 270 pounds and lost easily eating 2200 calories/day. I lost 75 pounds and my calorie goal was never below 2200.

You'd be surprised! The heavier you are, the more muscle it takes to move. Nutrition will become important in maintaining that muscle as you lose weight. Some of the lost will be muscle, but increasing protein intake, and exercise can help protect what you have.

Just start with whatever you feel is least overwhelming right now. Make it a habit, and then look at the next step.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    neonmage0 wrote: »

How can that be possible? In order for you to carry your weight around, there has to be muscle under the fat.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.