What Type Of Running shoes Do You Like?

Options
13»

Replies

• wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    I don't mean brand or model, but the type of shoes.

max/moderate/low/minimal cushioning
    neutral/stability/motion control
    flexible/stiff
    heel toe drop

I have 32 pairs of running shoes. I used to prefer the more cushioned ones, but lately i have been leaning more toward the less cushioned, neutral, flexible shoes. Heel toe drop can be from 0 to no more than 10 mm. I guess my joints are developing and/or my form is improving, but i can run a few miles on concrete in minimalist shoes now.

When i wear my high cushioned shoes i feel like i am working harder than normal and fighting the cushioning, rather than letting my body absorb the impact naturally.

Curious what other people like or don't like.

I run barefoot. I guess I’m weird, but to me it just feels natural and it’s a lot of fun. When conditions aren’t ideal, I wear Xero huaraches which are sandals with 4mm zero drop flexible soles tied to the foot with a single diy lace. I run about 600 miles per year this way and have done so for the last 5 years. If you like minimalist shoes, you might like to check out Xero shoes, they have a lot of zero drop, flexible, no cushion shoes.

I’m a Xero shoe girl. I prefer trail running.
    I’ve used Kalso Earth shoes (I mostly run on the balls of my feet), but I’ve had trouble finding good athletic shoes from Kalso lately.

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Anvil, jj
    I did try a pair of Altras some time back. I did like them. But I have not tried another pair recently. Probably I should.