Continue my cut or bulk?

Mihawk0182
Mihawk0182 Posts: 4 Member
Hope some of you lean muscle machines could help a noob grow some muscle!!

Some info about me : 23 Male | 5'11 (1.81CM) |starting weight: 242.5 (109.8kg's) | current weight: 165.3(75kg's) | goal weight ???

Pictures:

Transformation : https://imgur.com/a/VjTPZXH

Current physique : https://image.ibb.co/m4QUuq/Angles.jpg

Current workout plan:

Monday : full body workout 2 hours no legs no compound movements

Tuesday: HIT cardio 45 minutes (650 - 600 calories burned)

Wednesday: full body workout 2 hours no legs no compound movements

Thursday: HIT cardio 45 minutes (650 - 600 calories burned)

Friday: full body workout 2 hours no legs no compound movements

Saturday: HIT cardio 45 minutes (650 - 600 calories burned)

Sundy: HIT cardio 45 minutes (650 - 600 calories burned)

As you can see i have no idea what im doing i never have strength and energy for my lifting days i have no energy for my cardio days i eat around 1300 to 1600 calories a day. Im depleted im frustated with the lack of muscle mass i have put on. All i wanted is to lose fat and replace that with muscle but im getting skinnier by the day. The only reason why i wanted to be this skinny is because i wanted a six pack so tried to eat the minimum calories do allot of cardio and ab workouts.

Now the real question should i lean bulk for more muscle mass or cut to get fully shredded? My belly and buttocks still carry unwanted fat especially my buttocks they are flabby and full of fat. Also what workout program should i follow as a noob that has tried year in year out to gain muscle. Thank you for reading this hopeless cry for help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Pick a program

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

Eat at maintenance, do a bit of cardio that you enjoy 2 x a week, lift full body 3 x a week...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Your workouts make no sense to me. How is it a full body workout if you aren't doing legs or compound movements? The basis of your lifting should be compound movements. You have no energy for your workouts because you aren't fueling your body properly and doing too much cardio between lifting without rest. Your body needs time to rest, rebuild, and grow. It sounds like you want to recomp. If that's so, you need to bring your calories up to a maintenance level and stick to a good progressive lifting routine.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    First congrats on the weight loss and improving your health! As far as your questions, a couple of things jump out at me.

The first is that you have no energy. At 1300 to 1600 calories you are straddling the nutritional minimum of 1500 for an adult male and then exercising a lot on top of that. So, yes, you wouldn't have much energy and you would continue to lose weight. I'd go back to the drawing board and plug in my numbers. If I were you, I'd be shooting for maintenance. You are already at a healthy body weight.

As far as gaining muscle, you need to either be eating at maintenance or a surplus. That isn't going to happen at you current intake level. Also, you don't seem to have any rest days in your schedule, so you are not giving your body a chance to recover. You should have at least 2 days per week where any activity is low impact if at all. The over exercising would contribute to your fatigue.

What I'm going to suggest will require patience. Reset on MFP for maintenance calories. Eat back at least half of exercise calories and see what happens for 6 to 8 weeks. If you continue to lose, eat back more.

Next reduce cardio to 2 to 3 times per week other than low impact like walking. Then get on a good structured weight training program from the list provided above. You don't say how long you've been lifting or what your experience level might be. With that info, more specific recommendations can be made.

This is essentially a recomp when you change your body's composition by eating at maintenance and slowly lose fat while gaining muscle. With your weight history and description of still have some areas of body fat, a lean bulk would work but then you'd still have to cut some fat back. A recomp is slow but effective.
  • Mihawk0182
    Mihawk0182 Posts: 4 Member
    Big thanks for the reply's guys! (also sorry for my late reply!) I tried losing weight and gaining muscle since i was 17 i have been in and out of the gym for years never really put on any muscles never really lost fat and i was not consistend with my training. Im 23 now so im not sure if i could call my self a beginner still? Im gonna try to follow the 5x5 program the only problem i have with that program is that i have problems with muscle imbalances so i tend to avoid the OHP en benchpress allot but im gonna try to make it work. Again big thanks for the reply's!
  • thaevilgenius
    thaevilgenius Posts: 34 Member
    Beginners are defined by less than a year of proper intelligent lifting not some made up program you have. Also that's way too much exercise and not enough recovery you are just going to spin your wheels. If you dont like OHP and other lifts too bad for you, you wont progress much. Compound movements are the foundation to a good program and it will help you do other lifts better and make you stronger overall