Life Redos

Options
124»

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't marry my first husband. I realize now that I married to get away from home and get out from under my mother. He was a very nice person and didn't deserve to be treated like that. We divorced 2 months before our 5th anniversary. Even after we divorced, he was nice about it. I know that he eventually remarried and had a family. I hope that he had a happy life.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I wouldn't marry my first husband. I realize now that I married to get away from home and get out from under my mother. He was a very nice person and didn't deserve to be treated like that. We divorced 2 months before our 5th anniversary. Even after we divorced, he was nice about it. I know that he eventually remarried and had a family. I hope that he had a happy life.

That's very sweet and must be hard to admit! I think you're very strong and very kind!💗👍
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I would like to start over from age 7-8 and go from there, please.

I definitely have felt this way on many occasions within my life and still have my moments. But I’ve come to the conclusion that there are several reasons why I would never go back in time to change things. All those painful failures I went through define the person I am today. Because I have failed, I am compassionate. Because I have failed, I am understanding. Because I have failed, I am more emotionally aware. Because I have failed, I’ve gained wisdom and understanding. Most thankfully because I have failed, I understand the values and beliefs of the things that matter in life. I’m grateful for my imperfections. As well as to those that have hurt me because they helped me become a stronger person.

This is all very true. I am who I am because of mistakes that I have made. I have lost so much, but in losing I have gained many things. It's easy to say that I would want to start over, but if the opportunity arose through some magical genie force, I think I would decline. If not for the mistakes I've made, I would not have any of the beautiful children that I couldn't do without.

Agree!! I would love if certain things in my life never happened because of the pain but then I would not have my Angel boy and my world wouldn't be filled with the love & joy he brings💗....I wish instead of a redo to ease my heart ache and regrets I have and to hopefully make me more careful of myself and others going forward! Big hugs and well said, spoken like a very proud and loving dad!👍💗
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten married and just stayed single..... x2.... 😏
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I regret staying up chatting till 11pm
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't change a thing. Every path I took led me to where I am.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I would not have gone tanning
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I totally should have done Susan that time I ran into her in Boca.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I would have worn my sleep apnea mask last night 😣
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I would have persevered and not dropped out of 9th grade
    first year Spanish class.

I shouldn't have let that group of mean girls that sat behind me and constantly ridiculed me end my Spanish studies.

I was an A+ student and could have continued on and become fluent. I loved Spanish.

I took Spanish from 5th-12th grades in school. I hated it, and just limped to the finish line only because my mother who was a Spanish major in college could help me. As soon as I finished I thought "finally I'm done with this, I'll never need to know it again. After all, when will I need to know Spanish?"

Flash forward 10 years and I've married a Panamanian woman and am moving to a Spanish speaking country. Oops. :D

It's taken my 5 long and hard years, but while I am not fluent, I speak at sort of an intermediate/advanced level where I can regularly have social interaction with people who only speak Spanish and hold my own in the conversation and maintain social relationships with people who only speak Spanish.

It's never too late to learn if that's something you are interested in. There is a free audio course you can check out called Language Transfer, which helps you learn Spanish by using the English you already know. You can do it in 10-15 minutes a day. It really helped me with the fundamentals.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I would have persevered and not dropped out of 9th grade
    first year Spanish class.

I shouldn't have let that group of mean girls that sat behind me and constantly ridiculed me end my Spanish studies.

I was an A+ student and could have continued on and become fluent. I loved Spanish.

I took Spanish from 5th-12th grades in school. I hated it, and just limped to the finish line only because my mother who was a Spanish major in college could help me. As soon as I finished I thought "finally I'm done with this, I'll never need to know it again. After all, when will I need to know Spanish?"

Flash forward 10 years and I've married a Panamanian woman and am moving to a Spanish speaking country. Oops. :D

It's taken my 5 long and hard years, but while I am not fluent, I speak at sort of an intermediate/advanced level where I can regularly have social interaction with people who only speak Spanish and hold my own in the conversation and maintain social relationships with people who only speak Spanish.

It's never too late to learn if that's something you are interested in. There is a free audio course you can check out called Language Transfer, which helps you learn Spanish by using the English you already know. You can do it in 10-15 minutes a day. It really helped me with the fundamentals.

Thanks but at my age, the stuff I wanted to do with foreign language fluency isn't stuff I want to do anymore, including traveling. So it's probably not something I'd commit the time or effort to at this point. Unless I fell in love or my work required it. Both unlikely.

But it's good to hear your studies weren't wasted. I remember the teacher always telling us that in high school
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I would rethink about the reasons for shooting that man in Reno.