Life Redos

124»

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    I regret staying up chatting till 11pm
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Wouldn't change a thing. Every path I took led me to where I am.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I would not have gone tanning
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    I totally should have done Susan that time I ran into her in Boca.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I would have worn my sleep apnea mask last night 😣
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I would have persevered and not dropped out of 9th grade
    first year Spanish class.

I shouldn't have let that group of mean girls that sat behind me and constantly ridiculed me end my Spanish studies.

I was an A+ student and could have continued on and become fluent. I loved Spanish.

I took Spanish from 5th-12th grades in school. I hated it, and just limped to the finish line only because my mother who was a Spanish major in college could help me. As soon as I finished I thought "finally I'm done with this, I'll never need to know it again. After all, when will I need to know Spanish?"

Flash forward 10 years and I've married a Panamanian woman and am moving to a Spanish speaking country. Oops. :D

It's taken my 5 long and hard years, but while I am not fluent, I speak at sort of an intermediate/advanced level where I can regularly have social interaction with people who only speak Spanish and hold my own in the conversation and maintain social relationships with people who only speak Spanish.

It's never too late to learn if that's something you are interested in. There is a free audio course you can check out called Language Transfer, which helps you learn Spanish by using the English you already know. You can do it in 10-15 minutes a day. It really helped me with the fundamentals.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I would have persevered and not dropped out of 9th grade
    first year Spanish class.

I shouldn't have let that group of mean girls that sat behind me and constantly ridiculed me end my Spanish studies.

I was an A+ student and could have continued on and become fluent. I loved Spanish.

I took Spanish from 5th-12th grades in school. I hated it, and just limped to the finish line only because my mother who was a Spanish major in college could help me. As soon as I finished I thought "finally I'm done with this, I'll never need to know it again. After all, when will I need to know Spanish?"

Flash forward 10 years and I've married a Panamanian woman and am moving to a Spanish speaking country. Oops. :D

It's taken my 5 long and hard years, but while I am not fluent, I speak at sort of an intermediate/advanced level where I can regularly have social interaction with people who only speak Spanish and hold my own in the conversation and maintain social relationships with people who only speak Spanish.

It's never too late to learn if that's something you are interested in. There is a free audio course you can check out called Language Transfer, which helps you learn Spanish by using the English you already know. You can do it in 10-15 minutes a day. It really helped me with the fundamentals.

Thanks but at my age, the stuff I wanted to do with foreign language fluency isn't stuff I want to do anymore, including traveling. So it's probably not something I'd commit the time or effort to at this point. Unless I fell in love or my work required it. Both unlikely.

But it's good to hear your studies weren't wasted. I remember the teacher always telling us that in high school
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    I would rethink about the reasons for shooting that man in Reno.