What are your favourite, unexpectedly low calorie comfort foods?

Options
13»

Replies

• RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Kimchi or brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper placed in oven to get toasty.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    French onion soup...so warm and soothing and delicious, not a lot of calories...
  • Greeny19832014
    Greeny19832014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    McVities Mini Ginger Bread Men - 115kcal per 25g bag and it feels like you get loads in there!
    I started on the baby mini ginger bread men (I can't remember the brand) which are closer to 100 kcal for the little bag but the McVities are so much more indulgent and satisfying.
    Fav Comfort Dinner is a bowl of pasta (I usually have 40g dry weight) boiled in chicken stock, leave a bit behind when you drain, stir in vast quantities of mushroom, courgette and spinach (sometimes aubergine, peppers and/or baby plum tomatoes) and then stir through some quark (stir some of the stock into the quark before adding the quark back in to the pasta to stop it seperating).
    Quark as a creamy sauce makes so many meals into comfort food for me!
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    B and m bargains in uk do a chewy bar which gives a great sugar boost.its called skinny bar and is only 99 calories and you really feel you have had a "hit" after it
  • MarshmallowMuffinTop
    Options
    Lorna Doone shortbread cookies. There’s only 8g sugar in one whole pack of six cookies. Each individual cookie is only 35 kcal.
  • sophiegarcia411
    sophiegarcia411 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash
  • tracypadgett9033
    Options
    I love the Outshine all natural fruit popsicles! They come in all kinds of flavors Strawberry, peach, pineapple for around 80 calories. By far, My favorite is the creamy coconut and totally worth the 120 calories. Perfect for a sweet tooth!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, I have made a mix of swerve granulated with molasses to imitate brown sugar. I sprinkle 1tablespoon over 3 C air popped corn. Sprinkle with Cinnamon. A special treat that convinces me I am having caramel corn.
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    for me its something very simple: A hard boiled egg.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm chessmen cookies, 3 for 120 calories and diet instant hot chocolate, with chocolate almond milk and peppermint creamer, about 80 calories.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, various lean meats (96+%) + sugar free-low kcal BBQ sauce, PB2 (vs. real PB...the texture is what I like about PB2)
  • Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    All Arkins Bars