So close but so far !!!!!

Options
Hey !! So basically I’m 12 pounds from my goal weight (how crazy is that right ???) I started at 153, and I’m now 132.. my goal weight being 120lbs !! I’m stuck though, I haven’t been able to break it past the 130s in 8months :( please help!!! I want to reach my goal but I feel like I can’t get there no matter how close I can see the finish line !

Replies

• Jebe75
    Jebe75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am trying to lose at least 12 lbs until March! Feel free to add me!
    I know how hard it is to pass a specific number!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    You clearly know what you're doing to have lost 20lbs+ so far. Just a small tweak needed either eat a little less - depending on how much you're consuming now. Or exercise a little more.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    are you weighing your food? did you update your weight in my fitnesspal to confirm goal calories? Set your goal to lose 0.5lb/week?

have you lost "nothing"or just "very little?"

I also recommend a weight trending app as at that point you should be aiming for a 0.5lb/a week loss which can be hidden by daily and weekly natural fluctuations at first.

FWIW I am on the last 5lbs and don't do any "work outs". i'm a runner but am nursing an injury since September. no running in 3 months and still loosing and the 0.5/lb a week rate. the only thing i do for exercise is walk.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. 10 mire to go for me. The fact that this is occurring as we move into winter (AND wigh Decenber being a month filled with social activities) is definitely not helpful. I am trying to think of ways to vary my routine to feshen things up a bit. I also joined a new challenge for Dec.

Feel free to add me if it would be helpful to have additional support for this leg of the jourbey.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    The last 5-15lbs can be very tricky for many. You don't have as much wiggle room in your deficit as before. Are you weighing and measuring your intake? Have you adjusted your calories down as you go?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? Most humans suck at eyeballing portions and it gets more obvious the lighter we get. Check out these threads.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When I stop losing I always change my eating around. I overeat, for me, one day and I usually will eat 3 pieces of Papa Murphys thin crust pizza, because I love it, then I will eat normal in my range for 3 days, then way under a couple of days and repeat. I will usually always see a weight loss that week of 1 to 2 pounds. I change my exercise also, from biking to walking to weights. I have been doing this for a few months and am down 21 pounds since I came back here.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    The last 10 are the slowest because there is less room for error. Tighten your logging weigh your food if you don't already do that, stick with it and you will get there - it takes a lot longer than we think to lose.

All the best.