Medical Medium

Options
13»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    This dude claims eating bananas cures Crohn's and ulcerative colitis and deleted everyone on his Facebook that questioned that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    missmince wrote: »
    I'd love to hear about a diet that actually helped the liver, and am also vegan except occasion eggs or fish, but I want science based medicine. I had unexplained (not A-E or lots of other tests) hepatitis a while ago, and again not as badly, for the last couple weeks. The doctor (based on blood tests/imaging) says it's not due to meds, alcohol, or weight. So I'm not drinking any alcohol at all, and have no appetite. I'm making myself eat some stuff, since I've been losing weight and am tired, and have found stuff with wheat seems to increase pain. Gluten free toddler food and applesauce (which I occasionally mix protein powder in) are all that I can eat without regretting it later, and I'm starting to feel better. However, that isn't proof that this is a healthy liver diet, just that these things are very digestible for me. My sister has to live gluten free, due to Crohn's disease, and I would hate to eat like her unless I had to. Since the liver is kind of important, and some hard to diagnose chronic condition seems possible, I wish I could find a healthy liver diet. But as far as I know, all I can do is avoid alcohol, some meds, and foods that may have toxins on or in them. Maybe exercise helps, since it seems to help everything, but it makes me angry that some guy claims he can help without proper evidence, just to take advantage of people sick enough, or worried enough, to try anything.

Were your iron/ferritin levels tested? I have crippling fatigue when I slip out of Low Normal into Anemic.

Since you're mostly plant-based, are you supplementing with B 12?
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who follow the Medical Medium and pulled myself out of the swamp of 4 bioweapon induced illnesses floating around for the past 100 years to a functional life again. Never ending pain and suffering is manageable if you know how and why.

Some of you are very disrespectful, I imagine it's a form of humor. When you get sick in your 50's or 60's and have trashed your immune with pesticide laden foods and self indulgence, Mr. Anthony shows a path back to health. Doctors will mock you and say you're crazy. That always feels terrific.

It's a positive diet that I initiated in baby steps. I'm looking for others to share recipe success.