Struggling with diet/losing weight

Options
I'm off out with friends in two weeks and I wanted to try and feel better about myself. I've smashed the gym this week, going practically every morning or lunchtime, plus on the times I go in the morning I've been doing a 5K walk on my lunch.

My food intake has been either skipping breakfast and lunch and just having tea, or having scrambled egg for breakfast and some fruit and yoghurt for my dinner. However, I've come to weigh myself and I've managed to lose a grand total of about 2lbs. I've worked so hard this week and it's really disappointed me, I'm so gutted. I just don't know what else to do. I'm doing all this exercise, I'm eating better than I have been, and yet the weight still isn't coming off.

I'm starting to think I need to do something a bit more extreme just to get some of this weight shifted. I'm so frustrated by it all. It's amazing how simple it is putting on weight, yet trying to shift it is so difficult. :(

Replies

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You did not gain the weigh in a week, you can not expect to lose it in a week. more than 2lbs a week loss is not healthy for you. Great job on the loss.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Madsocks wrote: »
    I'm off out with friends in two weeks and I wanted to try and feel better about myself. I've smashed the gym this week, going practically every morning or lunchtime, plus on the times I go in the morning I've been doing a 5K walk on my lunch.

My food intake has been either skipping breakfast and lunch and just having tea, or having scrambled egg for breakfast and some fruit and yoghurt for my dinner. However, I've come to weigh myself and I've managed to lose a grand total of about 2lbs. I've worked so hard this week and it's really disappointed me, I'm so gutted. I just don't know what else to do. I'm doing all this exercise, I'm eating better than I have been, and yet the weight still isn't coming off.

I'm starting to think I need to do something a bit more extreme just to get some of this weight shifted. I'm so frustrated by it all. It's amazing how simple it is putting on weight, yet trying to shift it is so difficult. :(

Unless you are over 300 lbs, you shouldn't expect to lose more than 2 lbs per week. Anything more will just be water weight or muscle loss. If you do anything "more extreme" than you are already doing, you risk being extremely fatigued on your vacation, and possibly passing out while smashing the gym.

Weight loss, muscle gain, and increased fitness are long range goals. People work on them for months and years. Have fun on your vacation, and when you come back, start working now to be in better shape for next year's vacation.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    2 pounds per week is the maximum you should be aiming to lose unless you are under a doctor's close supervision.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    2pds a week is AMAZING. seriously. you didn't put the weight on in a week, you CANNOT lose it in a week.

you don't need to make things "more extreme" you are already too extreme by skipping meals.

Try putting in your stats in MFP to get a recommend calorie goal, then weight and lot you food. eat ALL the calories recommended.

then you need to learn patience. it's a marathon not a sprint.

weight loss is a great thing but it isn't a miracle solution to happiness. if you are depressed or very blue it is best to talk to a professional.