Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

34 Pounds Destroyed!

lmserrano03lmserrano03 Posts: 10Member, Premium Member Posts: 10Member, Premium Member
wm4vwrd5c3q9.png
I began my journey to health this past May. It was a time when I was bombarded with other people's before and after pictures and that "try this new diet" tagline. I knew I needed to change, but it felt overwhelming. I had tried My Fitness Pal before and was not successful. My excuse then was, "I don't have the time." I finally chunked that excuse and decided to give MFP another shot. I never imagined myself being able to see a before and after picture and actually seeing results. I owe a large amount of my success to MFP. MFP helped keep me remain accountable to myself! Lying on my log was basically like me lying to myself. I charted my weight gain, my plateaus and my success. Losing weight, for me, was more mental than anything. I had to address my thoughts about food and my body. Once I realized that I deserved it and that slow progress was still progress, I stopped comparing myself to others and kept at it. Now that I have destroyed 34 pounds, I want to help others find their inner beast!

Replies

• JSUClayJSUClay Posts: 16Member, Premium Member Posts: 16Member, Premium Member
    Awesome work!!
  • lmserrano03lmserrano03 Posts: 10Member, Premium Member Posts: 10Member, Premium Member
    Thank you so much!
  • iamworthy14iamworthy14 Posts: 220Member Member Posts: 220Member Member
    That is awesome! I wanna destroy 20 thanks for the inspiration!
  • dhiammarathdhiammarath Posts: 526Member, Premium Member Posts: 526Member, Premium Member
    Awesome!! Congrats!! You look great!!
  • lmserrano03lmserrano03 Posts: 10Member, Premium Member Posts: 10Member, Premium Member
    @iamworthy14 Thank you!!! Absolutely! You've got this!!!

@dhiammarath Thank you!!
  • Fitisit901Fitisit901 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Im just beginning my journey. I have 40 pounds to lose. I've never been overweight(until the last year), so the barrage of information that is available is quite overwhelming, including mfp, but I'm determined to do it!!!
    @Fitisit901 I hear you! There is a plethora of information out there and people will try to tell you that their way is the "right" way. When it comes to weight loss there are so many ways to get there... you just have to find what works for you and be willing to explore. Also, be gentle with yourself. One day at a time! You've got this!!
  • DocMeaganDocMeagan Posts: 43Member Member Posts: 43Member Member
    Awesome job, you look great!
  • suzievvsuzievv Posts: 289Member Member Posts: 289Member Member
    I am amazed at how much change there is in your face.
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • newhopeindnewhopeind Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    Needed this little motivational boost today. Well done to you.
  • tronjo2002tronjo2002 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    You look like Emily Rossum from Shameless!
  • SYED1512SYED1512 Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    Amazing Job!
    Thank you all for the encouraging words!! ♡♡♡
  • saminabilalsaminabilal Posts: 66Member Member Posts: 66Member Member
    You look great!
  • xxzenabxxxxzenabxx Posts: 357Member Member Posts: 357Member Member
    That’s amazing! How many calories did you eat? (Just curious!)
  • neugebauer52neugebauer52 Posts: 289Member Member Posts: 289Member Member
    Well done! And thank you for another "excuse". When my friends offer me "another slice of cake, some more ice cream, one more glass of beer, etc. etc., and it does not fit into my meal plan for the day, I will tell them: "Oh know, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME!"! Looking forward to see their faces... I learn something new every day...(55 pounds lost, another 100 or more to go.)
  • mathdad41mathdad41 Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
    Fantastic work! Great motivation and I hope to one day post my own before and after
  • jdoher44jdoher44 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    You're looking adorable, thanks for sharing your story!
    I've lost almost the same weight while was working at the www.sparklescarwash.com.au car washing. It was a really hard job, and I came back home without any desire except eat and drink some beer. All of my muscle mass has gone, and now I'm starting coming back to the gym. Thanks for your motivation post again, gl!
  • sarakenna12sarakenna12 Posts: 24Member Member Posts: 24Member Member
    Holy cow. This is amazing.
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    That’s amazing! How many calories did you eat? (Just curious!)
    Thank you!!!
    I was at 1560 calories when I was active and then 1260 when I wasn't as active.