Do you count calories / log MFP on vacations?

Options
13»

Replies

• scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It depends, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'll be going to NYC for the first time next weekend, that will definitely be a I'm not logging vacation as I intend on experiencing plenty of different foods.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't log, but I do try to eat reasonably well, and stop myself from overeating - at least for a day or two, then I usually cave and just eat and drink to my heart's content and worry about the consequences when I get back home. I do try to stay active though.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I logged on vacation when we visited my family this year, although missed a couple of dinners due to a spotty roaming service. It was good to at least log in for a mental reminder to watch what I eat.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I always log - if I can't find exactly what I've had I pick the nearest thing. I know its not as accurate as when I'm at home with my scale but it helps me be mindful. I also won't finish something if its not delicious - not worth the calories. I continue to log my exercise as well - mainly walking, but sometimes there's a class I can do. If I get out of the habit then its too easy to backslide and get into bad habits of nibbling something without logging it as "its only one chocolate/slice of cheese/ few chips"
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Yes, to the best of my ability, and I will continue to log everything, even when/if I reach maintenance. Whether I am over, or under my daily calorie budget. It keeps me accountable and aware of what I am eating.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I went on an 11 day trip in August. I did not log anything. But we did a ton of walking. I ended maintaining my weight. I ate and drank what i wanted. It was Italy and I wanted to enjoy everything Italy had to offer.

I also was a little worried about keeping up with my goals during my recent business trip to Italy.

But a combo of lots of walking plus mindfulness about portion sizes made the week easy and enjoyable, without missing out in any of the yummy foods.

Such as : big green olives stuffed with sausage meat then battered and deep fried.

I had gelato every single day!! OMG the food was fantastic! Stuffed olives sounds delicious!!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    I do nto log on vacation. Eating different foods and no scale would just make estimates so inaccurate - and thats from someone who never tries to be that accurate in the first place.

I take a break from logging when on vacation and just try to eat sensibly and to keep up the activity level.