Lose 5lbs + in December 2018

Options

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy, Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure gonna try. Today was an OMAD day, which are never planned. I also wasn't hungry enough to eat all of my calories. I really don't like undereating, but it balanced out yesterday's carb indulgences.

You're doing very well. That fluid retention will be gone soon. You are so close to a new decade!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, on WW since Dec 16. Seems to work ok for me. I like the "free" foods.
    5 lbs = about 2.3k.

December 2: 58 kilos
    December 8: 58 kilos
    December 9: 59 kilos
    December 10 -
    December 11 -
    December 12 -
    December 13 -
    December 14 -
    December 15 -58.8
    December 16 -58.6
    December 17 -
    December 18 -
    December 19 -
    December 20 -
    December 21 -
    December 22 -57.7
    December 23 -
    December 24 -
    December 25 -58.6 (rich, late holiday meal the day before)
    December 26 -57.3
    December 27 -57.7
    December 28 -
    December 29 -
    December 30 -
    December 31

End of December goal: 55.7
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight : 242
    December starting weight : 189.4
    Realistic December goal : 188
    Don’t Eat Cookies December goal: 184.4
    Ultimate goal : 130

December 1st: 189.4
    December. 6th: 189.6
    December 13th: 188.2
    December 20th 186.0
    December 27th: 186.6
    December 31st:

Total December: 2.8

Not too shabby for December! I did see a glimpse of 185, I know it’s in my not-so-distant future for good.
    I’m having a lot of non scale victories from hitting the gym hard. I’m REALLY loving exercise. I’m toning up, my clothes are getting uncomfortably big but the scale is moving slowly.
    Great job everyone!!! December is a challenge, just checking in and being aware is a huge accomplishment.
    I’m going to push for the next 4 days!
  • jeschields
    jeschields Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Highest weight - 282
    Mfp starting weight - 260
    Dec starting weight - 190.3
    Dec goal - 184
    Ultimate goal - 145

12/5: 187.1. Whoosh
    12/12: 183.4
    12/19: 182.9
    12/26: 185.6 oops, too many treats!

Total loss in Dec: 4.7
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in December•

Nov. 30- 178.2 - A .6 lb gain for November.

Original starting wgt: 253
    December starting weight: 178.8
    December goal: 175

•Monday Updates•📌
    12/1 - 178.8 - carbs
    12/2 - 177.6 - carbs
    📌12/3 - 180.6 - CARBS!
    12/4 - 178.8 - fluid starting to come off
    12/5 - 176.8
    12/6 - 176.2
    12/7 - 176.4 - up slightly
    •Update on my carby snack weight swings😆
    12/8 - 176.4 - sort of an OMAD day on the 7th. Dealing with sore throat. Pretzels and homemade onion dip.
    12/9 - 177.4 - Ate the heck out of some pretzels.
    📌12/10 - 178.8 - Temporary. My pretzel frenzy really wasn't. I only had 2ozs of them, but I do Keto, so there's fluid to reckon with.
    12/11 - 176.6 - Lucky ducky today, because I ate 700 calories worth of gourmet potato chips yesterday. No regrets. They were delicious and I'll take the hit tomorrow if it comes.
    12/12 - 178.4 - Chip eating showed up!😅
    12/13 - 177.2
    12/14: - 175.4
    12/15: 174.6 - I had problems with MFP app and forgot to come back with the update. Hit my goal. Now to surpass it even more. This weight is too close. Lol
    12/16: 176.6 - Fluid retention
    📌12/17 - 174.6
    12/18 - 176.2
    12/19 - 174.4
    12/20 - 174
    12/21 - 175.8 - Hungry, needed more protein. Ate peanut butter during fasting hours.
    12/22 - 175.8
    12/23 - 174.4
    12/24 - 175.4 - Carb weight
    12/25 - 174.8
    12/26 - 175.2 - Lots of delicious carbs yesterday. BUT! I need to hit this number, 173.8, in 5 days for a five pound loss. Skirted just above it a few times this month. I think I can do it, but a fluid gain could be possible on the 30th, a game night party with lots of scrumptious offerings.

12/27 - 175.2 - No change from yesterday, a good thing. Carbs were lower, under 50g, but I need to get them lower for the big push to 173.

December 31 😃😑😕❓

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy, Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure gonna try. Today was an OMAD day, which are never planned. I also wasn't hungry enough to eat all of my calories. I really don't like undereating, but it balanced out yesterday's carb indulgences.

You're doing very well. That fluid retention will be gone soon. You are so close to a new decade!

Yes, thank to the new scale lol. Not this week, that is for sure, I have yet another holiday party tonight and I have been eating turkey dinners for 2 days already (stuffing and gravy are the biggies).
    So what is OMAD?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    December 1 - 193 - up one pound from yesterday : - ( (186 would have been the reading on the new scale)
    December 2 -193 - glad that I didn't gain, I was pretty over-indulgent over the weekend.
    December 3 -194 - kind of discouraged with the fluctuation. I had a good day, expected a loss.
    December 4 -194 - I really expected to be less this morning. On track to lose.
    December 5 -192 - back to where I was at the end of last month's challenge.
    December 6 -191 - Wow! Lots of days left to get down to that next decade. Seeing the scale move is motivating!
    December 7 -191 - Getting excited to get out of the 90s, hopefully by next week
    December 8 -192 - Dang. Oh well, I will stick with it. I over-ate yesterday and expected this. Very easy to put on, hard to take off.
    December 9 - 192
    December 10 -191- Good. Monday morning. Easier for me to be diligent during the week, so hope to see another drop this week. 2 steps forward 1 step back still equals going forward : - )
    December 11 -193 - Geez do I fluctuate!
    December 12 -191 - Skated yesterday. It seems like no matter what I consume, that I lose weight after I skate.
    December 13 - Skated again, I think that I have messed up my calendar here, because the 191 should have been the 13th.
    December 14 -193. Unbelievable, 2 days of skating and up 2 pounds? Really expected a loss today. I don't measure my inches until the 27th. Glad that I am not weighing once per week, seeing as how this fluctuation is going. I actually like seeing it, I didn't realize that it could be like that. 2 pounds is a lot!
    December 15 -193
    December 16 -193. Funny, I feel lighter but the scale isn't budging. Went out to Zumba class yesterday and really expected to see it on the scale. Maybe tomorrow.
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5
    December 20 -190 - I am thinking of getting a digital scale like y'all seem to have. I just have an old school one.
    December 21 -190 - Looks even slightly less than that, but I am on a "regular" scale. I did buy a digital scale yesterday, but after setting it up I stepped on it 5 times and each time it was different so I will return it today and try to get a better one. Skated yesterday - 600 calorie burn, I have been at good input levels all week.
    December 22 -182.2 - New scale. 189.2-ish on my old scale
    December 23 -181.5 - Unbelievable since I had a steak with all of the trimmings, alcohol drinks. Maybe it will catch up with me, maybe it is because of the Zumba yesterday.
    December 24 -184.8 - 3 pound gain?? That is just crazy. Already learning from weighing every day about fluctuations, but this is the biggest so far. I upped my water from 2 glasses per day to 8 yesterday. 184.1 after the bathroom lol.
    December 25 -185.0
    December 26 -183.7 - It is an indulgent week, I have had to up my exercise.
    December 27 -183.9 - I am not trying awfully hard. I am enjoying the holiday foods and drinks.
    December 28 -
    December 29 -
    December 30 -
    December 31 -
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy, Well, Good for you! You should enjoy the holidays. It can be done without going overboard. Yes, weight will be gained, but it should not be defeating. Yummy stuffing and gravy😋 my two favorites too! OMAD is fasting and eating One Meal A Day. Many people who intermittent fast gravitate to that way of eating. Some do OMAD straight off the bat as their way of eating. How it works is:
    •Know your TDEE- (estimated) total daily energy expenditure
    •If you are trying to lose weight, for example, take your calculated TDEE minus 500 calories for a 1lb per week loss. My TDEE is 1,823/sedentary/this is maintenance level. 1323/sedentary would/should (ya know, fluid retention, lol) yield a 1lb a week loss. •So that one meal a day should be 1323 calories.

I can't do it, because I can't eat a days worth of calories in one meal. Although, a couple of times after being out all day and past my IF eating window, I was hungry enough to eat all of my calories in one meal. Usually I can't and that just puts me in the position of under eating and weight gain. That's how I get fat.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    December 1 - 193 - up one pound from yesterday : - ( (186 would have been the reading on the new scale)
    December 2 -193 - glad that I didn't gain, I was pretty over-indulgent over the weekend.
    December 3 -194 - kind of discouraged with the fluctuation. I had a good day, expected a loss.
    December 4 -194 - I really expected to be less this morning. On track to lose.
    December 5 -192 - back to where I was at the end of last month's challenge.
    December 6 -191 - Wow! Lots of days left to get down to that next decade. Seeing the scale move is motivating!
    December 7 -191 - Getting excited to get out of the 90s, hopefully by next week
    December 8 -192 - Dang. Oh well, I will stick with it. I over-ate yesterday and expected this. Very easy to put on, hard to take off.
    December 9 - 192
    December 10 -191- Good. Monday morning. Easier for me to be diligent during the week, so hope to see another drop this week. 2 steps forward 1 step back still equals going forward : - )
    December 11 -193 - Geez do I fluctuate!
    December 12 -191 - Skated yesterday. It seems like no matter what I consume, that I lose weight after I skate.
    December 13 - Skated again, I think that I have messed up my calendar here, because the 191 should have been the 13th.
    December 14 -193. Unbelievable, 2 days of skating and up 2 pounds? Really expected a loss today. I don't measure my inches until the 27th. Glad that I am not weighing once per week, seeing as how this fluctuation is going. I actually like seeing it, I didn't realize that it could be like that. 2 pounds is a lot!
    December 15 -193
    December 16 -193. Funny, I feel lighter but the scale isn't budging. Went out to Zumba class yesterday and really expected to see it on the scale. Maybe tomorrow.
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5
    December 20 -190 - I am thinking of getting a digital scale like y'all seem to have. I just have an old school one.
    December 21 -190 - Looks even slightly less than that, but I am on a "regular" scale. I did buy a digital scale yesterday, but after setting it up I stepped on it 5 times and each time it was different so I will return it today and try to get a better one. Skated yesterday - 600 calorie burn, I have been at good input levels all week.
    December 22 -182.2 - New scale. 189.2-ish on my old scale
    December 23 -181.5 - Unbelievable since I had a steak with all of the trimmings, alcohol drinks. Maybe it will catch up with me, maybe it is because of the Zumba yesterday.
    December 24 -184.8 - 3 pound gain?? That is just crazy. Already learning from weighing every day about fluctuations, but this is the biggest so far. I upped my water from 2 glasses per day to 8 yesterday. 184.1 after the bathroom lol.
    December 25 -185.0
    December 26 -183.7 - It is an indulgent week, I have had to up my exercise.
    December 27 -183.9 - I am not trying awfully hard. I am enjoying the holiday foods and drinks.
    December 28 -183.3 - Skating negated those extra calories yesterday : - )
    December 29 -
    December 30 -
    December 31 -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy, Well, Good for you! You should enjoy the holidays. It can be done without going overboard. Yes, weight will be gained, but it should not be defeating. Yummy stuffing and gravy😋 my two favorites too! OMAD is fasting and eating One Meal A Day. Many people who intermittent fast gravitate to that way of eating. Some do OMAD straight off the bat as their way of eating. How it works is:
    •Know your TDEE- (estimated) total daily energy expenditure
    •If you are trying to lose weight, for example, take your calculated TDEE minus 500 calories for a 1lb per week loss. My TDEE is 1,823/sedentary/this is maintenance level. 1323/sedentary would/should (ya know, fluid retention, lol) yield a 1lb a week loss. •So that one meal a day should be 1323 calories.

I can't do it, because I can't eat a days worth of calories in one meal. Although, a couple of times after being out all day and past my IF eating window, I was hungry enough to eat all of my calories in one meal. Usually I can't and that just puts me in the position of under eating and weight gain. That's how I get fat.

Hi Tia : - )
    That was informative!
    I personally don't eat very much throughout the day, I always have a little something for breakfast to get my metabolism roaring, then I am off and going. Usually after work I have a lot more time to relax and enjoy my food. I guess it is a somewhat modified IF, but more like 10 hours instead of 16. And then there is sleep lol. What has worked for me more than anything is increased activity. I would rather exercise more and eat more. I find it really easy to get more activity in the winter, skating, x-country skiing etc. We haven't had enough snow yet this year for x-country skiing, but there are many arenas open for public skating. The thing with the x-country skiing is (besides being fun and beautiful to look at) is that when one is out on the trail and doesn't feel like it anymore, one still needs to ski back to the car instead of freeze to death and quit the exercise early lol.
    We will each for sure do better in January. All of us that have been on this journey realize that there is no point in depriving ourselves during holiday times, but we can enjoy ourselves in moderation, smaller portions and of course tracking tracking tracking.
    Only 3 more days to the month and the year!