Lose 5lbs + in December 2018

Options

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in December•

Nov. 30- 178.2 - A .6 lb gain for November.

Original starting wgt: 253
    December starting weight: 178.8
    December goal: 175

•Monday Updates•📌
    12/1 - 178.8 - carbs
    12/2 - 177.6 - carbs
    📌12/3 - 180.6 - CARBS!
    12/4 - 178.8 - fluid starting to come off
    12/5 - 176.8
    12/6 - 176.2
    12/7 - 176.4 - up slightly
    •Update on my carby snack weight swings😆
    12/8 - 176.4 - sort of an OMAD day on the 7th. Dealing with sore throat. Pretzels and homemade onion dip.
    12/9 - 177.4 - Ate the heck out of some pretzels.
    📌12/10 - 178.8 - Temporary. My pretzel frenzy really wasn't. I only had 2ozs of them, but I do Keto, so there's fluid to reckon with.
    12/11 - 176.6 - Lucky ducky today, because I ate 700 calories worth of gourmet potato chips yesterday. No regrets. They were delicious and I'll take the hit tomorrow if it comes.
    12/12 - 178.4 - Chip eating showed up!😅
    12/13 - 177.2
    12/14: - 175.4
    12/15: 174.6 - I had problems with MFP app and forgot to come back with the update. Hit my goal. Now to surpass it even more. This weight is too close. Lol
    12/16: 176.6 - Fluid retention
    📌12/17 - 174.6
    12/18 - 176.2
    12/19 - 174.4
    12/20 - 174

12/21 - 175.8 - Hungry, needed more protein. Ate peanut butter during fasting hours.

December 31 😃😑😕❓

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    November starting weight - 148.0
    December goal - 143
    Ultimate goal - Range between 142 - 148

This month I'm going to report scale weight and (ten day average weight).

November 30 - 148.0 (147.0)
    December 1 - 149.0 (146.8)
    December 7 - 151.4 (150.4)
    December 14 - 152.4 (150.8)
    December 21 - 152.0 (151.8)
    December 28 -
    December 31 -

Total loss for December: Opposite of my goal: I'm UP four pounds for the month and pushing ten pounds above the top of my maintenance range.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @mtaratoot, Have you had too many days at maintenance? Holding fluid weight? Both were certainly the reasons for me. Everyday, until the end of this month, I'm drinking a pitcher of lemon, cucumber and cilantro infused water to shed extra fluid.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    December 1 - 193 - up one pound from yesterday : - (
    December 2 -193 - glad that I didn't gain, I was pretty over-indulgent over the weekend.
    December 3 -194 - kind of discouraged with the fluctuation. I had a good day, expected a loss.
    December 4 -194 - I really expected to be less this morning. On track to lose.
    December 5 -192 - back to where I was at the end of last month's challenge.
    December 6 -191 - Wow! Lots of days left to get down to that next decade. Seeing the scale move is motivating!
    December 7 -191 - Getting excited to get out of the 90s, hopefully by next week
    December 8 -192 - Dang. Oh well, I will stick with it. I over-ate yesterday and expected this. Very easy to put on, hard to take off.
    December 9 - 192
    December 10 -191- Good. Monday morning. Easier for me to be diligent during the week, so hope to see another drop this week. 2 steps forward 1 step back still equals going forward : - )
    December 11 -193 - Geez do I fluctuate!
    December 12 -191 - Skated yesterday. It seems like no matter what I consume, that I lose weight after I skate.
    December 13 - Skated again, I think that I have messed up my calendar here, because the 191 should have been the 13th.
    December 14 -193. Unbelievable, 2 days of skating and up 2 pounds? Really expected a loss today. I don't measure my inches until the 27th. Glad that I am not weighing once per week, seeing as how this fluctuation is going. I actually like seeing it, I didn't realize that it could be like that. 2 pounds is a lot!
    December 15 -193
    December 16 -193. Funny, I feel lighter but the scale isn't budging. Went out to Zumba class yesterday and really expected to see it on the scale. Maybe tomorrow.
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5
    December 20 -190 - I am thinking of getting a digital scale like y'all seem to have. I just have an old school one.
    December 21 -190 - Looks even slightly less than that, but I am on a "regular" scale. I did buy a digital scale yesterday, but after setting it up I stepped on it 5 times and each time it was different so I will return it today and try to get a better one. Skated yesterday - 600 calorie burn, I have been at good input levels all week.
    December 22 -
    December 23 -
    December 24 -
    December 25 -
    December 26 -
    December 27 -
    December 28 -
    December 29 -
    December 30 -
    December 31 -
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot, Have you had too many days at maintenance? Holding fluid weight? Both were certainly the reasons for me. Everyday, until the end of this month, I'm drinking a pitcher of lemon, cucumber and cilantro infused water to shed extra fluid.

I think it's a number of things. I took a break from weight training during my more active season, and I just started again. I'm certainly holding extra mass as my muscles repair themselves. I started using a fitness monitor, and I think it's a little too generous in estimating calorie expenditure from my daily life and exercise. I've been eating some different foods, some of which are pretty high in salt. My logging has become a little loose; I still log everything, but I often get food out and have to guess at what the hell is in there. This is the season of higher calorie beer.

I hit my goal weight back in July. I was playing Ultimate weekly, commuting by bicycle, and regularly paddling canoes & kayaks and rowing a raft. Around mid-summer, it bounced back up, but only briefly. I caught it quickly, and I brought it back down at a healthy rate. Around the end of October, it started creeping back up. I traveled for a life event around Thanksgiving, and I was able to maintain and actually lose all the time even with the extra food. Then it started bumping up again. See the graphical representation below. Points are daily weights. Wavy line is ten-day rolling average. Black straight line is a linear regression over the past year, so I'm still doing ok, and....

I know it's still a temporary setback. This is a long-term change for me. It's still a little frustrating to watch the mass increase over multiple weeks, but I'm sure it will happen again and again over the years. Or maybe not. There's also a chance I have set my maintenance range too low; my ultimate goal weight would put me around BMI 22.4. The top of my goal range is BMI 23.2. I'm currently carrying more fat mass than I want, so I'm glad to have started back to weight training, at least until Ultimate season starts and I get busy with having fun again.

a1qvdr02907h.png

It's nice to have an accepting place to talk about this stuff. Thanks!
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5
    December 20 -190 - I am thinking of getting a digital scale like y'all seem to have. I just have an old school one.
    December 21 -190 - Looks even slightly less than that, but I am on a "regular" scale. I did buy a digital scale yesterday, but after setting it up I stepped on it 5 times and each time it was different so I will return it today and try to get a better one. Skated yesterday - 600 calorie burn, I have been at good input levels all week.

-

Woot Woot! Great job!

I love my RENPHO scale especially since it automatically updates to my phone and MFP. I’m a nerd and love studying my graphs and figuring out my patterns.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I calculate in kilos so was aiming to lose 2.3 kilos in December.
    Have lost .3 kilos so far. Though this past week was good. I signed up for WW online again. The "free" fruit, veggies, beans, corn, soy yogurt, chicken, fish, and seafood seems to work ok for me at the moment.

December 2: 58 kilos
    December 8: 58 kilos
    December 9: 59 kilos
    December 10 -
    December 11 -
    December 12 -
    December 13 -
    December 14 -
    December 15 -58.8
    December 16 -58.6
    December 17 -
    December 18 -
    December 19 -
    December 20 -
    December 21 -
    December 22 -57.7
    December 23 -
    December 24 -
    December 25 -
    December 26 -
    December 27 -
    December 28 -
    December 29 -
    December 30 -
    December 31 -
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight: 190
    December starting weight: 153.1
    December goal: 149
    Ultimate goal: 120

December 01 - 153.1
    December 07 - 152.0
    December 14 - 150.7
    December 21 - 147.8 (Yay! I hit my goal!)

December Total: 5.3 lbs

Wow! Fantastic and Congratulations!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5

-

Woot Woot! Great job!

I love my RENPHO scale especially since it automatically updates to my phone and MFP. I’m a nerd and love studying my graphs and figuring out my patterns.

Hi Lala (and Tia if you are seeing this) (or anybody)
    So...I bought another new scale, this one stays the same. (I stepped on it 5 times and it was the same each time)
    Here is my conundrum: It is 7 pounds less than my scale that I have been using for more that 10 years. The scale that I adjusted to match my doctor's scale directly after weighing there.
    Even the scale that I returned that was giving me a different weight each time was close to that number.
    It is going to look like I lost 7 pounds in one day.
    What do you suggest that I do with this forum? I changed my starting weight for MFP, that wasn't too hard.
    I guess that I have lost just under 9 pounds total, not 16.8 total.

I was so excited to be getting out of the 90s, but that might be close to where I started.
    Well, at least I can hope to be into the 70s in late January or February.

Yes, there was an option for a scale that measured BMI, hydration etc. This one is a Weight Watchers by Conair.
    Probably good that I didn't have it at the beginning or I might have been less inclined to join MFP when I was so disgusted with the number that I saw (198). I guess 191 would have been bad enough at 5'3" and I still might have. Nevertheless, it is so weird that for all of these years that I thought that I was 7 pounds heavier.

Seeing a weight drop on the scale always motivates me. Super motivated today!! Haha, guess that I will go to Zumba class today : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited December 2018
    Options
    December 1 - 193 - up one pound from yesterday : - (
    December 2 -193 - glad that I didn't gain, I was pretty over-indulgent over the weekend.
    December 3 -194 - kind of discouraged with the fluctuation. I had a good day, expected a loss.
    December 4 -194 - I really expected to be less this morning. On track to lose.
    December 5 -192 - back to where I was at the end of last month's challenge.
    December 6 -191 - Wow! Lots of days left to get down to that next decade. Seeing the scale move is motivating!
    December 7 -191 - Getting excited to get out of the 90s, hopefully by next week
    December 8 -192 - Dang. Oh well, I will stick with it. I over-ate yesterday and expected this. Very easy to put on, hard to take off.
    December 9 - 192
    December 10 -191- Good. Monday morning. Easier for me to be diligent during the week, so hope to see another drop this week. 2 steps forward 1 step back still equals going forward : - )
    December 11 -193 - Geez do I fluctuate!
    December 12 -191 - Skated yesterday. It seems like no matter what I consume, that I lose weight after I skate.
    December 13 - Skated again, I think that I have messed up my calendar here, because the 191 should have been the 13th.
    December 14 -193. Unbelievable, 2 days of skating and up 2 pounds? Really expected a loss today. I don't measure my inches until the 27th. Glad that I am not weighing once per week, seeing as how this fluctuation is going. I actually like seeing it, I didn't realize that it could be like that. 2 pounds is a lot!
    December 15 -193
    December 16 -193. Funny, I feel lighter but the scale isn't budging. Went out to Zumba class yesterday and really expected to see it on the scale. Maybe tomorrow.
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5
    December 22 -182.2 - New scale. 189.2-ish on my old scale
    December 23 -
    December 24 -
    December 25 -
    December 26 -
    December 27 -
    December 28 -
    December 29 -
    December 30 -
    December 31 -

December loss so far: 3.8, or if counting from Nov 30.18 2.8
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I’m with you Donna. Maintenance in December. I’m up and down depending on what’s going on.
  • katilynmcintire
    katilynmcintire Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Don’t give up, don’t lose hope! I hope 2019 will bring you many good things. 😊

Thanks Rebecca! This really gave me the extra push to keep trucking this week. I just have to remind myself that this isn’t going to happen overnight and the little things everyday add up.

Ultimate Starting weight - 220.5 Lbs
    Current weight - 214.5Lbs
    December goal - 208 Lbs
    Ultimate goal - 160 Lbs

December 01 - 214.5
    December 08 - 212.3
    December 15 - 213.8
    December 22 -210.8
    December 29 -

Total loss for December -3.7