Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Interesting Thoughts on "Ghosts"

Options
2»

Replies

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Is it odd that a thread about ghosts was....necroed?
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

BOO! *jumps out from a corner and tries to scare you*

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but the OP made a lot of sense for me. I have a bit of a checkered past and the fear of going back there - of treating people the way I did, ending up in the places I did, and the things I thought about myself that I did.....scares the ever-loving *kitten* out of me.

And that fear definitely keeps me working to do better. To say better. To act better. To go therapy, to take my meds, to listen to my doctors, to recover and STAY recovered.

It's not that you SHOULDN'T have fear. It's just that you should learn how to channel it into making you healthier instead of it scaring you away.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Five0Six wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »

BOO! *jumps out from a corner and tries to scare you*

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but the OP made a lot of sense for me. I have a bit of a checkered past and the fear of going back there - of treating people the way I did, ending up in the places I did, and the things I thought about myself that I did.....scares the ever-loving *kitten* out of me.

And that fear definitely keeps me working to do better. To say better. To act better. To go therapy, to take my meds, to listen to my doctors, to recover and STAY recovered.

It's not that you SHOULDN'T have fear. It's just that you should learn how to channel it into making you healthier instead of it scaring you away.
    But I like ghostly things :D

I completely agree with those last two lines. I've never heard fears referred to as ghosts before, but it actually makes great sense, as does your approach.

On your bit beginning with "Maybe I'm a weirdo"...all I will say is "Cheers" while toasting you with my mug of coffee...I get it, down deep. Keep on movin on :)