400 calorie low carb meals (not necessarily keto)

Options
KellerSydney
KellerSydney Posts: 1 Member
For the past two days or so I've been trying 16/8 intermittent fasting so I have an 8 hour period to consume 1500 calories. I need some 400 calorie meal ideas to ensure I don't dip under 1500. I'm looking for Breakfast foods, lunches, dinners, and snacks. Whatever you can share will be helpful.

Replies

• nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 cup Greek yogurt with protein powder and blueberries mixed in add peanut butter if you want more fat.
    Lunch/Dinner: salmon or chicken or any protein source with cooked veggies Eg; spaghetti squash, cauli rice, broccoli, great beans.

These are both very simple meal ideas and fairly low in carbs.

FYI Carbs are not bad for you. Don't avoid them just because some one told you to. Just fit them in to your macros and you will be okay.

• Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Cheese cups if no-one has already entered that recipe. This will be a keto recipe.

If you have a muffin form for mini muffins, that'll make excellent snack size chips, normal muffin baking form are fine too. I'm listing below the recipe for mini sizes.

I will list the recipe for a pizza flavored chip, but you can exchange herbs, cheese and toppings as you wish.

Ingredients:
    • shredded parmesan
    • 1 package of mini pepperoni
    • Basil and Oregano to taste
    1. Mix Cheese and herbs together until the herbs are evenly distributed.
    2. Fill muffin forms with 1 tbsp of the cheese and herb mix for the mini muffin size forms. If you go with regular muffin size baking sheet, just cover the bottom to make sure the melted cheese covers the whole bottom.
    3. Bake in oven on 350F (180C) for about 5-8 minutes.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    An easy way would be to use shiritaki noodles as a pasta substitute. Serve with a meat sauce and perhaps sausage or meatballs. Should be low carb and if you make yourself you should be able to measure up to your desired caloric count with the sauce. You may want to try them as a sesame noodle. I haven't done it, but it could work well.

Someone mentioned nut butter. Nuts are a good protein source and a small amount can up your caloric intake if needed.

Crustless quiche would work too. Eggs, and whatever meats/cheeses/veggies you like.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    https://www.eatthismuch.com choose low carb and it will generate meals for you.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 large eggs (140 cal), 2 Jimmy Dean sausage patties (225 cal), Pam (10 cal.) = about 35 calories

Edit to add coffee - how did I forget that staple!
  • supergirlpw
    supergirlpw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For breakfast cut up two slices of thick cut bacon, (like the Costco type bacon) and fry it for a few minutes in a skillet, then scramble two eggs in the rendered fat and bacon all together. Sprinkle a little parmesan over the top and you'll be full all morning. Trust me. I do this with coffee and a couple of tablespoons of heavy whipped cream/erythritol and I am set!

Eggs: 140 calories
    Bacon: 140 calories
    Grated Parmesan: 30 calories
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    smit7633 wrote: »
    I eat 55-70% carbs, unprocessed or low processed carbs and I have lost 20 lbs since Labor Day. Research 80/10/10 and whole food plant based diets.

i love this diet- itt helped me carb up and get my energy , calories and everything up and going and i never felt better =D i mostly eat smoothie bowls / nicecreams, rice and beans with lots of veg....avo toast, cooked banana oats, good-for-you- banana bread (GF) LOVEEEE
  • nutricaodua
    nutricaodua Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you have a high degree of tolerance for probiotics and acidic foods..
    I dont..but if you do.. add those to your diet, and you'll be able to better digest food, in order to reach those 1500cals. How many meals are you doing on that 8hour window ?

I want to put ON weight as i am 177 (5'8'') and 120pounds .. (and i wanna reach 150lbs)
    I also, always do IF normally 12/12.. or 10/14.. and i stay on 60% Carbs organic unprocessed grains,..as i normally find it harder to digest Fats in order to do 2300-2500cals a day.

Any ideas as to wether i should try to be more fat-adapted and go 3meals/day, or stay on the 4meals/day with the current 60% Carbs approach ??
    I'm finding it hard to put on weight or even being able to maintain the 600cals/meal.
    thanks
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    @nutricaodua
    Please start your own thread asking those questions.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Meal in a pan:
    Place in Olive oil or fat of choice
    Add seasonings and salt.
    Place in 150g assorted non-starchy veggies
    Place in meat/fish of choice
    Place in a serving of lentils/beans/quinoa.
    Cover the pan and cook until your meat/fish is done.

This is usually about 400 cals. You can adjust the measure of oil, meat and lentils/carb to meet the calorie requirement. This can be any meal, breakfast/lunch/dinner.
  • dbrownnow
    dbrownnow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Less than 400 calorie breakfast: a) magic bullet smoothie: 4 oz plain soymilk, 6 medium strawberries, 1/2 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt b) kodiak muffins: 2 cups kodiak mix, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon raw agave syrup, 1 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup walnuts--makes 12 muffins...1 per day with the smoothie is less than 400 calories and over 20g protein
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    An easy general rule to lower carb count and boost protein of a regular meal is to replace the traditional starch such as rice/pasta/potatoes with cooked lentils/chick peas/white beans. Or replace traditional starch with cooked squashes.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    dbrownnow wrote: »
    Less than 400 calorie breakfast: a) magic bullet smoothie: 4 oz plain soymilk, 6 medium strawberries, 1/2 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt b) kodiak muffins: 2 cups kodiak mix, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon raw agave syrup, 1 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup walnuts--makes 12 muffins...1 per day with the smoothie is less than 400 calories and over 20g protein

I want to try those muffins. Thanks for sharing. Do you melt the butter or just soften it? Also, what's the baking instructions?
  • mssupi
    mssupi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work M-F, so quick and easy works best for me. Every weekday I make scrambled eggs - Today's was 211 calories:
    1 t EVOO, 3 large brown eggs, 1 t chopped fresh dill (a cozy happy food - adds a great extra layer of flavor to what ever it is added into), 2 T chopped spinach, a little salt & pepper.
    I vary it with 3 pieces of chopped LandOFrost Smoked Turkey (or ham) lunch meat, or chopped celery.
    Simple and filling.