Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I need to lose a human

jasmineconleyjasmineconley Posts: 420Member Member Posts: 420Member Member
You read that right! I am looking for friends and partners to come with me on my 150 pound weight loss journey. I can't wait to meet you.

Replies

• vacation1973vacation1973 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hi Jasmine... I'm Rose I'm in.... I just started yesterday. I need to lose 100 lbs. scared and excited at the same time.... scared it's going to take forever and excited to start wearing new clothes. I promised I would buy new clothes when id lose the weight.
  • jasmineconleyjasmineconley Posts: 420Member Member Posts: 420Member Member
    I completely understand the scared and excited at the same time business. I have jeans going down to a 12 already. I can't wait until shirts fit better.
  • concordanciaconcordancia Posts: 4,651Member Member Posts: 4,651Member Member
    For now, you just have to lose five pounds while you build up new habits that will let you do that over and over again.

While I do have a dance party with my husband at every five pound mark, I don't actually have weightloss goals. Goals include timelines and I have no idea how long it will take me to lose my next five pounds. I am currently up two pounds due to a salty dinner two days ago, constipation as a med side effect and sore muscles caused by the constipation (it causes a pinched nerve in my degenerated discs, leading to muscle spasms).

Instead, I set nutrition goals, such as tracking every day for a week straight or getting five fruit and veg in a day. And fitness goals. I am currently aiming for 40 minutes of yoga and 20 minutes of cardio a day.

The holidays can be a particularly hard time to get started, so read through some of the threads about dealing with holiday parties. My husband wanted us to go back to gifting gingerbread cookies and I refused to make them because I have no control around dough and cookies. I have a rule about sitting down with a plate to eat that I practice at home so that it is second nature at parties.
    I am glad that is working for you. My biggest issue is lack of support. I can do, and have formal training in all the things I need. However, I too have medical issues that are infuriating. When you have to break for treatment it is easy to fall off. Having a gentle reminder that someone else is there for you is incredibly helpful.
  • snooky211snooky211 Posts: 64Member Member Posts: 64Member Member
    Good luck with your plans...I can really identify with clothes as a motivating factor. Just wanted to wish you luck and I'm sure you will get loads of support on this site.
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I lost 150 starting at age 59. It took 2 1/2 years and I’ve been maintaining for 2+. I’ve had goals in many areas in addition to the scale—fitness, new exercises, more weight, more reps, new recipes, new ingredients, walking steps, new routes, etc. I was always successful in a few areas at any point. I lost weight every month of my journey but not every day or every week.

There are lots of people on here who’ve lost a lot of weight and maintained. Read the success stories and learn from others.

Yes it’s a long hard rewarding journey. You are setting up habits for life, fo the process never really ends. Never going back to where I started. Now at 63 I’m in the best shape of my life and can do things I never even dreamed of before.

Congratulations! That is quite a feat.
    snooky211 wrote: »
    Good luck with your plans...I can really identify with clothes as a motivating factor. Just wanted to wish you luck and I'm sure you will get loads of support on this site.

I was doing well until I got sidelined medically. I have to find my footing again and then I'm off to the races. No more buying bigger clothes for me.
    I'm on the path myself. I'm about 290 down, with 30 to go in around 2 years. Best of luck to you!

I can't imagine going through what you have. I'm proud of you.
  • Dakotacole13Dakotacole13 Posts: 243Member Member Posts: 243Member Member
    I would love to help you on your journey. How can I help?
    I would love to help you on your journey. How can I help?

I really would like accountability. I lack support. People that are like minded are always welcome.
  • BMA1963BMA1963 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    You read that right! I am looking for friends and partners to come with me on my 150 pound weight loss journey. I can't wait to meet you.

Loved your headline.....I can relate, I always say that I am carrying an extra human!
    I'm on the path myself. I'm about 290 down, with 30 to go in around 2 years. Best of luck to you!

Remarkable!
  • reflectionofmereflectionofme Posts: 148Member Member Posts: 148Member Member
    I'm in the same boat. When I started this journey in May I was at least double the weight I should of been. So my goal is to lose half my bodyweight, 135 lbs.
    I'm in the same boat. When I started this journey in May I was at least double the weight I should of been. So my goal is to lose half my bodyweight, 135 lbs.

I feel you. 145 is the top of my normal BMI. I'm working on it currently.
  • DawnmrxDawnmrx Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I have to lose a human too. 125 pounds. Not quite sure how I got here (actually I have a good idea) but here I am. My goal is 175. Not sure where it lies within BMI (I'm 6 feet tall) but I was there once and felt great