I need to lose a human

You read that right! I am looking for friends and partners to come with me on my 150 pound weight loss journey. I can't wait to meet you.

Replies

• vacation1973
    vacation1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Jasmine... I'm Rose I'm in.... I just started yesterday. I need to lose 100 lbs. scared and excited at the same time.... scared it's going to take forever and excited to start wearing new clothes. I promised I would buy new clothes when id lose the weight.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    I completely understand the scared and excited at the same time business. I have jeans going down to a 12 already. I can't wait until shirts fit better.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    For now, you just have to lose five pounds while you build up new habits that will let you do that over and over again.

While I do have a dance party with my husband at every five pound mark, I don't actually have weightloss goals. Goals include timelines and I have no idea how long it will take me to lose my next five pounds. I am currently up two pounds due to a salty dinner two days ago, constipation as a med side effect and sore muscles caused by the constipation (it causes a pinched nerve in my degenerated discs, leading to muscle spasms).

Instead, I set nutrition goals, such as tracking every day for a week straight or getting five fruit and veg in a day. And fitness goals. I am currently aiming for 40 minutes of yoga and 20 minutes of cardio a day.

The holidays can be a particularly hard time to get started, so read through some of the threads about dealing with holiday parties. My husband wanted us to go back to gifting gingerbread cookies and I refused to make them because I have no control around dough and cookies. I have a rule about sitting down with a plate to eat that I practice at home so that it is second nature at parties.
  • jasmineconley
    I am glad that is working for you. My biggest issue is lack of support. I can do, and have formal training in all the things I need. However, I too have medical issues that are infuriating. When you have to break for treatment it is easy to fall off. Having a gentle reminder that someone else is there for you is incredibly helpful.
  • snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Good luck with your plans...I can really identify with clothes as a motivating factor. Just wanted to wish you luck and I'm sure you will get loads of support on this site.
  • jasmineconley
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I lost 150 starting at age 59. It took 2 1/2 years and I’ve been maintaining for 2+. I’ve had goals in many areas in addition to the scale—fitness, new exercises, more weight, more reps, new recipes, new ingredients, walking steps, new routes, etc. I was always successful in a few areas at any point. I lost weight every month of my journey but not every day or every week.

There are lots of people on here who’ve lost a lot of weight and maintained. Read the success stories and learn from others.

Yes it’s a long hard rewarding journey. You are setting up habits for life, fo the process never really ends. Never going back to where I started. Now at 63 I’m in the best shape of my life and can do things I never even dreamed of before.

Congratulations! That is quite a feat.
  • jasmineconley
    snooky211 wrote: »
    Good luck with your plans...I can really identify with clothes as a motivating factor. Just wanted to wish you luck and I'm sure you will get loads of support on this site.

I was doing well until I got sidelined medically. I have to find my footing again and then I'm off to the races. No more buying bigger clothes for me.
  • jasmineconley
    I'm on the path myself. I'm about 290 down, with 30 to go in around 2 years. Best of luck to you!

I can't imagine going through what you have. I'm proud of you.
  • Dakotacole13
    Dakotacole13 Posts: 526 Member
    I would love to help you on your journey. How can I help?
  • jasmineconley
    I would love to help you on your journey. How can I help?

I really would like accountability. I lack support. People that are like minded are always welcome.
  • initiation0
    initiation0 Posts: 22 Member
    You read that right! I am looking for friends and partners to come with me on my 150 pound weight loss journey. I can't wait to meet you.

Loved your headline.....I can relate, I always say that I am carrying an extra human!
    I'm on the path myself. I'm about 290 down, with 30 to go in around 2 years. Best of luck to you!

Remarkable!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    I'm in the same boat. When I started this journey in May I was at least double the weight I should of been. So my goal is to lose half my bodyweight, 135 lbs.
  • jasmineconley
    I'm in the same boat. When I started this journey in May I was at least double the weight I should of been. So my goal is to lose half my bodyweight, 135 lbs.

I feel you. 145 is the top of my normal BMI. I'm working on it currently.
  • Dawnmrx
    Dawnmrx Posts: 1 Member
    I have to lose a human too. 125 pounds. Not quite sure how I got here (actually I have a good idea) but here I am. My goal is 175. Not sure where it lies within BMI (I'm 6 feet tall) but I was there once and felt great
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    I need to lose half a human now. I've lost 64 lbs toward my goal. That means I've lost a nine year-old already! That's a great mental image; me carrying around a nine year-old clinging to my back. No wonder I couldn't exercise, walk up the stairs, or fit into nice clothes. I've lost that kid, and now I've gotta get rid of his sister. She's got her legs wrapped around my middle, and she's holding on tighter. She's gotta go!

Y'all can do this! Give those extra humans their walking papers, and evict them from your life!
  • jasmineconley
    Dawnmrx wrote: »
    I have to lose a human too. 125 pounds. Not quite sure how I got here (actually I have a good idea) but here I am. My goal is 175. Not sure where it lies within BMI (I'm 6 feet tall) but I was there once and felt great

I hope you get back there! Do you have a plan?
  • jasmineconley
    I need to lose half a human now. I've lost 64 lbs toward my goal. That means I've lost a nine year-old already! That's a great mental image; me carrying around a nine year-old clinging to my back. No wonder I couldn't exercise, walk up the stairs, or fit into nice clothes. I've lost that kid, and now I've gotta get rid of his sister. She's got her legs wrapped around my middle, and she's holding on tighter. She's gotta go!

Y'all can do this! Give those extra humans their walking papers, and evict them from your life!

I am so ready to kick this adult to the curb. It'll be the slowest 140 pounds I've ever had to lose!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I read the title and laughed, not at you. This is exactly what I told a few of my buddies when I started in May 2018. That I was going to lose a person so I could find the real me. For me that means to lose 137 pounds. I am at the 55% of the way in my journey. I am using low carb, but not Keto, being a T2D it is also helping get my blood sugar in check as well. I have kind of set short term goals along the way, instead of getting bogged down by how much. I chose to lose 8% as my short term goal. Each time I reach it, I do a reset for a new 8% goal. Also I remember about how much money I wasted on junk food. So that money is now going into my fun fund. Unknown what I will use if for. Will not be food.

Be happy to support you on your journey.