Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Binge eater to personal trainer!

crisa90crisa90 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
6mqg9q5hzib6.jpeg
A few years ago food controlled EVERYTHING...

I used to restrict my calories to almost nothing and then I would have bouts of uncontrollable binge-eating periods. I would almost literally black out while doing this as if I actually had no control over the food I was putting into my mouth.

There was a point where it got SO BAD that I had to start going to binge-eaters anonymous support groups. I did this for 2 years.

I had struggled with binge eating and calorie restricting for SO LONG that I started to BELIEVE that this was just a part of who I was and there was no way I could ever change.

But on the worst day of my life, after a full all-you-can-eat Hawaiian BBQ buffet and MULTIPLE desserts FOLLOWED BY going home and eating a family bag of Doritos, a whole box of cereal, 4 bowls of oatmeal and a pack of Sour Patch Kids, I sat in the middle of my living room and I bawled my eyes out.

The VERY NEXT DAY I went for help. I hired a personal trainer and I became a trainer myself! I knew I couldn’t do it myself because I had tried and failed so many times before. But slowly and surely I regained confidence, started healing my mind and, as a result, healed my body. Then I started taking on clients and helping them change their bodies too!

If you’ve experienced an eating disorder, or have a bad relationship with food, and you feel lost like I once did, just know that I GET IT! I’ve been there and you are NOT ALONE! 💕💕

Replies

• mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,278Member Member Posts: 2,278Member Member
    Congratulations on beating your eating disorder and for getting the outside help you needed to do it. I think it's very helpful that you shared your story so that others struggling with the same thing can see that sometimes you just can't do it on your own and need help from professionals. You look absolutely amazing btw.
  • workinonit1956workinonit1956 Posts: 914Member Member Posts: 914Member Member
    Sincere congratulations on your success! I’m sure your story helped someone today :)
  • PAFC84PAFC84 Posts: 1,065Member Member Posts: 1,065Member Member
    Great work. Congrats on your success.
  • crisa90crisa90 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    mathdad41 wrote: »
    Incredible story and I'm very thankful you decided to share this. I know it will help so many people that read it here. The way you were able to get control of your life and to make such a transformation is a testament to you grit an inner strength. I myself am working on building my confidence in all aspects of my life as I am facing other life altering challenge unrelated to weight loss. It is something that I pray will build my character and confidence as I move through this tribulation.
    Hats off to your hard work and success and I look forward to reading more about your journey.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. I am so happy that you’re working through all of your other hardships (I read your message- my heart goes out to you) and I am proud that you are staying so strong. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.
    Congratulations on beating your eating disorder and for getting the outside help you needed to do it. I think it's very helpful that you shared your story so that others struggling with the same thing can see that sometimes you just can't do it on your own and need help from professionals. You look absolutely amazing btw.

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for your support and kindness! That is my hope that people can read my message and know that there is help out there. All you have to do is ask.
    Sincere congratulations on your success! I’m sure your story helped someone today :)

Thank you for your love and support!
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Great work. Congrats on your success.

Thank you so much!
  • helene4helene4 Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    Amazing!! I loved reading your story, and deeply appreciate your honesty!

And you look fantastic!!!!