Funny stuff kids say

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Once when I was like 4, I was on the phone with my father's family and they asked why we haven't come over to visit in a while...

To which I replied...

Because my mommy don't like you guys 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Hahaha!
    We laughed about that for years

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    "gross, grossy grossy gross" (meaning the smell)
    ...A little boy said one day when he came into my place of work (he wasn't wrong)

I say it all the time now, love the phrase!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Was teaching a class of 2-3 year olds at church, and we were talking about being nice. I had a little boy raise his hand and tell me, "You can't be mean when people come to your house."
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    When my son was about 6, we went to a restaurant that had a sign over the entry that said "Food and Spirits". He asked me if that meant it was haunted.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    When my oldest was 4, we were grocery shopping when we came across an older man wearing an eye patch. Cue the excited squeals of “Mom, a real pirate!!!” as he took off running to go meet this man. By the time I caught up to him, he was questioning the (thankfully, seemingly amused) man on where his ship was.

When my 3rd was born, my 2nd was only 19 months old. He was majorly into Thomas the Tank Engine. His baby brother was named James - and it hadn’t occurred to me that there’s a train called James on the show until he was brought in to meet the baby and just kept repeating “Choo choo? Where choo choo? Where choo choo go?” I told him there was no train and his baby brother was James and he looked at me with all the disgust that a tiny, barely verbal toddler can muster and informed me “no baby, choo choo James”.
  • markindia5135
    markindia5135 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So I took my kids swimming today and I got in the pool with them. My son, who is 6, was swimming to the bottom of the 12' pool and suggested that I do it then stopped gims of and said "you can't do that because you're too fat and floaty!" Haha! Keeping me motivated!
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    When I was about 3 I was coming inside from the cold with my grandpa and repeadted after him, "Goddamn it's cold out there".

Also, my 2 year old has learned the word fart and will loudly announce when he or anyone else farts around him. He also loves the word big and likes to let us all know ALL of the things that he thinks are big
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I had a holiday movie on last weekend and the kids sat down to watch a little of it. There are obviously photoshopped pictures at the end. My 11 year old busts out laughing and says "They didn't even have the budget to take photos at the real location!"
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    When by son was about 4 he wanted to be a 'Sketelon' (skeleton) for Halloween. Also, his favorite food was bikini bread (zucchini bread).
  • markindia5135
    Options
    My son told me yesterday after he got in trouble at school for playing when he should not have been playing that “my friend made me get in trouble...I accidentally started playing!” Hahahaha! It was a teachable moment but I couldn’t help but laugh!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    When my kids were little, they said ‘frog’ instead of ‘fart’. One Sunday morning at church, an older gentleman sitting near us farted. My 6 year old son looked at me with horror on his face and asked, “Mommy, is that a sin?” My two year old daughter responded, “No, silly. It’s a frog.”
  • markindia5135
    Options
    So I put on a jacket I haven’t been able to wear in a while. My oldest daughter (who is 9) says to me “I like that jacket, good thing you can fit in it now!” Haha!😂
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    When by son was about 4 he wanted to be a 'Sketelon' (skeleton) for Halloween. Also, his favorite food was bikini bread (zucchini bread).

Cute. My daughter always wants us to put on our zucchinis ( bikinis)