Ladies- how do you stop comparing yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I think I did that when I was unhappy with myself. I made an effort to find things I liked about myself and I don't care as much any more. I have friends and family all shapes and sizes and what makes them great is not their body being model perfect.
    A person is more than looks. Maybe you are nicer, stronger, healthier, have better relationships, a better job, more friends, etc. You don't know what that person is going through so comparing your looks and deciding they are better than you might be a pretty silly thing to do.

Most people have things they don't love about themselves even if you think they look amazing. The grass is always greener on the other side. You are probably someone else's ideal.

⬆Yes! An effective oversight ... Oblivious compararisons are judgemental, no matter how one chooses to dress it up. Thank you @Lounmoun
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There will always be someone better than you and someone worse than you.
    I like to have many goals in appearance, fitness, new activities, scales, measurements, recipes, new ingredients, etc. That way a few things are always going well and I don't get consumed with one particular goal.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    There will always be someone better than you and someone worse than you.
    I like to have many goals in appearance, fitness, new activities, scales, measurements, recipes, new ingredients, etc. That way a few things are always going well and I don't get consumed with one particular goal.

Truth⬆