Don’t assume...

Options
crampus1
crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
Has someone ever assumed something about you? Maybe because of how you look, what you were wearing. Maybe you posted something and people assumed they knew what it meant and were probably wrong. I’m
Pretty sure something has been assumed about everyone because people
Love to do that. So let's set the record straight. What are some things people shouldn’t assume about you?

Replies

• crampus1
    Options
    Don’t assume I don’t like to look good sometimes just because I’m usually wearing my pajama clothes
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Don't assume I like spicy food just because I'm a Latina. Also don't assume I'm Mexican. We're not all Mexican. :angry:
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    People assume about me a lot. They are usually wrong.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of people assume I was gullible and believed their lies. Just because I don't call you out, doesn't mean I can't see through you
  • crampus1
    Options
    People assume I will always be there to pick up the pieces. Well guess what...someday I’m gonna kick the bucket and I won’t be.
  • crampus1
    Options
    crampus1 wrote: »
    People assume I will always be there to pick up the pieces. Well guess what...someday I’m gonna kick the bucket and I won’t be.

Are the pieces in the bucket? why would you kick the bucket with pieces in it?

I’m gonna kick the bucket with the pieces out of it. I kick things in general.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Don't assume I won't kick you in the balls in public. Causing a scene is not beneath me when warranted. B)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    people assume i can speak spanish because i'm half mexican. nope.
    they assume i am super flexible because i teach yoga
    they assume i'm healthy because i have no outer tells to the trainwreck that is happening inside
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    People assume I don't like them because I'm socially awkward and don't know how to talk to people
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy it when people assume (which happens very often), and I also enjoy playing unaware of that up to a certain point.

Happens all the time when I travel that people assume I don't understand their language (usually Germans and northern Italians, both are kinda uptight for the most part). Just because they heard me speaking English and they know I am from another place, it doesn't mean I don't catch their side conversation. Which sometimes is interesting. They're not so happy when I pitch in.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    People assume I'm always angry or in a bad mood because I rarely smile. I just don't like my smile so I don't.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    People assume that because I am a gringo, I can't speak any Spanish.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    People often assume I am stuck up/snobby. In reality, I just have RBF and am shy. I have never been able to just go up to people and start talking to them easily. Once people get to know me, they see how awesome/awkward I am.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I probably consciously (and subconsciously) encourage people's assumptions about me. I have a tendency to try to manage my image.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    People assume a lot. I don’t have time to sit and think about all of it. My life is full enough. God bless them.