I want to know...The answer!!

Options
crampus1
crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
edited December 2018 in Chit-Chat
Have you ever had a question about something and found no answer? Maybe you are too lazy to look it up or maybe nobody knows. Ask it here and maybe you’ll get lucky.

Ex. Where do the Christmas polar bears get the coco cola from in those Christmas commercials?

Ps. I edited the title as I forgot there was a similar thread. Oops. Should I be flogged?

Replies

• crampus1
    Options
    Why do kids eat their boogers?
  • crampus1
    Options
    Did anyone ever figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop without the owlCheating?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Nah. My questions are far too dark...
  • crampus1
    edited December 2018
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I saw a show about a blind kid who was so good at hearing and stuff that it was like he had sonar like a bat. He could ride skateboards and everything. Would it be wrong of me to think of him as Batman?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    crampus1 wrote: »

I saw a show about a blind kid who was so good at hearing and stuff that it was like he had sonar like a bat. He could ride skateboards and everything. Would it be wrong of me to think of him as Batman?

i don't think its wrong. buddy of mine got in a car wreck and into a wheel chair when he was only 16. i used to call him hot wheels after that.
  • crampus1
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

i don't think its wrong. buddy of mine got in a car wreck and into a wheel chair when he was only 16. i used to call him hot wheels after that.

I would think he would appreciate that. I think it’s a cool nickname for someone with a wheel chair. Especially when they do amazing things in those chairs like ballet and basketball.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

I would think he would appreciate that. I think it’s a cool nickname for someone with a wheel chair. Especially when they do amazing things in those chairs like ballet and basketball.

he had a great sense of humor before and after. and he liked working on cars too before the accident so he didn't mind.
  • MistyB023
    MistyB023 Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I always assumed that blind people "see" only darkness, but I just recently discovered that completely blind people see nothing. It was explained as, they "see" what we do looking out the back of our skulls. :o
  • crampus1
    Options
    MistyB023 wrote: »

I always assumed that blind people "see" only darkness, but I just recently discovered that completely blind people see nothing. It was explained as, they "see" what we do looking out the back of our skulls. :o

Huh. I thought they saw darkness also. Like what it looks like when we close our eyes. Interesting.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop without the owlCheating?

A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Twenty of the group's volunteers assumed the licking challenge-unassisted by machinery-and averaged 252 licks each to the center.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

Does. Not. Compute. :s
    How do you see nothing?
    Just like when you ask, "What are you thinking about?" And the other person says, "Nothing."
    How? How do you think of nothing?
    What is nothing?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Why is North and South Dakota rhubarb country?
  • MistyB023
    MistyB023 Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Does. Not. Compute. :s
    How do you see nothing?
    Just like when you ask, "What are you thinking about?" And the other person says, "Nothing."
    How? How do you think of nothing?
    What is nothing?

I know a couple people whom I truly believe nothing is going on inside their head. *insert cricket noise* :p
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Who was the first person to clap in appreciation and why did it catch on??
  • crampus1
    Options
    How did they get the word “fart” from flatulence?
  • crampus1
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    How did they get the word “fart” from flatulence?

Omg I know this one :lol: it's not from flatulence but essentially comes from an old Germanic word. In Germany, my hubs kept seeing the word "ausfahrt" on the highway (meaning exit) and he made me Google it so now I know too much about farts.

That’s almost like *kitten* fart. Makes sense! Thanks and now I know!
  • crampus1
    Options
    Who came up with dessert? Like the first to say if you eat this food then you can eat more food. And we shall give it an official name. And that name shall be Dessert. Or appetizers? Eat this food before you eat more food. And if you eat all of that food you can have more food.