Options
2»

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    here's an actual question i have:

d665we3lv3tv.jpg

did any of ya'll ever actually read this and if so can you tell us what the Secret is?

because i used to work in a bookstore years ago and this thing was flying off the shelves then but i never bothered to read it myself or skip to the end to find out.
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

d665we3lv3tv.jpg

did any of ya'll ever actually read this and if so can you tell us what the Secret is?

because i used to work in a bookstore years ago and this thing was flying off the shelves then but i never bothered to read it myself or skip to the end to find out.

i looked up the Wikipedia synopsis and the secret is guilty feet have got no rhythm

I’m never gonna dance again
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    crampus1 wrote: »

d665we3lv3tv.jpg

i looked up the Wikipedia synopsis and the secret is guilty feet have got no rhythm

I should have known better than to cheat a friend
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

d665we3lv3tv.jpg

I should have known better than to cheat a friend

I know you're not a fool.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Who came up with dessert? Like the first to say if you eat this food then you can eat more food. And we shall give it an official name. And that name shall be Dessert. Or appetizers? Eat this food before you eat more food. And if you eat all of that food you can have more food.

Desserts started out as appetisers in the Middle East, where sweets and pastries were served to whet the appetite before the main meal. European visitors took the tradition back home, but sweets & sweet pastries were served as part of the whole meal, especially at banquet where all the dishes would be brought out together, until the end of the medieval era and up until around the 1600s. The term "dessert" is actually related to desertion. Sweet puddings began to be kept on a different table to the main meal as people began to prefer having something sweet at the end of the meal rather than at the start or in the middle. As the sweet was now brought out or served separately, it was seen as having 'deserted' the main meal, and the name "dessert" stuck.
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Who came up with dessert? Like the first to say if you eat this food then you can eat more food. And we shall give it an official name. And that name shall be Dessert. Or appetizers? Eat this food before you eat more food. And if you eat all of that food you can have more food.

Desserts started out as appetisers in the Middle East, where sweets and pastries were served to whet the appetite before the main meal. European visitors took the tradition back home, but sweets & sweet pastries were served as part of the whole meal, especially at banquet where all the dishes would be brought out together, until the end of the medieval era and up until around the 1600s. The term "dessert" is actually related to desertion. Sweet puddings began to be kept on a different table to the main meal as people began to prefer having something sweet at the end of the meal rather than at the start or in the middle. As the sweet was now brought out or served separately, it was seen as having 'deserted' the main meal, and the name "dessert" stuck.

That makes sense!!! Now I know :)