Why you gain weight if you eat more than your cut

Options
12346»

Replies

• jwckim
    jwckim Posts: 6
    Options
    You have to reverse diet after going on a cut, especially a long one.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump for all the great info!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Sure in a perfect world we would all ignore the scale. But given that I know there are countless people who are not ignoring the scale, I wanted to she's light on the reasons why these small gains are happening. Maybe once those who are maintaining using scale values to gauge their success feel confident that their weight is indeed stable, then they will feel more comfortable with the knowledge that they've found the correct caloric intake for them.

So where does the 5lb figure come from? Thin air? Esp for people who already have unrealistic goal weights, now you're telling them to cut even further so they can maintain their goal weight after moving to maintenance. Just going to create a whole mess of neurotic idiots focused on scale weight. ZOMG i'm up 5.3lbs, that must mean I gained .3lbs of fat, better cut cals and take it off!

this lol, the scale is not the way...
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • fashionosack
    Options
    Big appetite, likes to eat sweets and oil for frying food, alcohol, age, metabolism slows down growth were easy to obesity. As relieve mental stress to eating as mental stress, worry and other means to get those same psychological balance can cause obesity. Social prejudices and conventional wisdom is that obesity is a "Lovely", "lucky", so that overeating can also promote their obesity. Suddenly stopped and chronic physical exercise can also cause long-term bedridden after obesity.
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thank you for that information. I have had problems knowing how to maintain a stable weight.

Deborah
  • dcaschetta
    dcaschetta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting. I like the follow up link by OP so that critics can go get a second/third source of information.

I'm glad to have this as a reminder for when I reach my goal. :)

Thanks OP!
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    thanks OP.
    It is interesting.

I do however wonder where the 5 pound number comes from? I'm pretty sure - working in health - the liver could not stock 5 pds of glycogen. Just curious where this number comes from.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    thanks OP.
    It is interesting.

I do however wonder where the 5 pound number comes from? I'm pretty sure - working in health - the liver could not stock 5 pds of glycogen. Just curious where this number comes from.

It's not 5 lbs for everyone. It could be 2 lbs for a very small woman... it could be 8 lbs for a large man who lifts. Each person has to play with their goal weight to find where they settle in once they increase calories. It's more about knowing there WILL be a rebound of some glycogen & water weight. How much will definitely depend on the person. My point is that cutting to exactly your goal weight and then going directly to maintenance doesn't usually allow you to stay at that bottomed out weight.
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is very helpful and something I have been struggling with lately.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Bumping :)
  • 3ActingOut
    3ActingOut Posts: 6
    Options
    Have a long way to go but great to know for the future. Also, helps to explain how I can instantly seemingly overnight gain >5 lbs of weight after just one weekend of cheating on my calories.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have a long way to go but great to know for the future. Also, helps to explain how I can instantly seemingly overnight gain >5 lbs of weight after just one weekend of cheating on my calories.

^Yes. Me too.