Calorie Destroyers

Options
124»

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Cheap chocolate. I LOVE chocolate, but if I'm going to splurge it has to be fine quality. The other day I was dreaming about chocolate...had a couple of Hershey Kisses...meh...what a waste of calories.

Doesn't even taste like chocolate, huh? :disappointed:The candy cane white chocolate ones are good, though.

I love those things! I cannot moderate them. I've gone through one of the really big bags already this year. I also noticed that last year a serving was 9 kisses for 220 calories, and this year a serving is 6 kisses for 140 calories. Trying to make them look less dangerous... :grumble:

Either that, or making it easier for people to rationalize having two servings = 280 12 kisses. VS 440 18 kisses.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    tecat73 wrote: »
    Sheet cake. Smoothies and protein shakes. Stadium foods. I shared some super greasy crinkle cut fries slathered in ketchup yesterday. My friends and I were like totally not worth it.

Where are you people getting these bad fries? I am sad.

I only eat fries twice a year, because unfortunately, it's hard to find fries that are reliably gluten free. When we go on vacation, the fries on the boardwalk have dedicated fryers, so I know they're safe.

They use fresh cut potatoes. They fry them fresh for each order.

They are spectacular and worth every single calorie.

Foods not worth calories? Any gluten-free "replacement" foods like gluten free bread, pizza, etc. I do have to say that Trader Joe's gluten free bagels are half-way decent, though.

Have you tried tj's gf bread? I really like it!

I hadn't thought to, but since their bagels are halfway decent, I'll give it a go the next time I'm in the mood for toast. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    this is where we could have the muffin vs. donut discussion....a muffin is 500+ cal and a donut 350ish...i mean seriously!

<rant>

No, those giant travesty-of-a-muffin things that are huge, over-sweet, filled/topped with sugar-stuffs/nuts, and literally greasy on the outside from overuse of oil . . . those are 500+ calories.

A traditional sort of muffin - regular size muffin tin, reasonably sweet, raisins and nuts, enough oil for good texture . . . those run in the 300 region. I ran mine through the recipe builder, and got 297 calories per. Other people (who are not cutting calories) universally like them - one friend demands that I bring a batch on road trips. Plus 6g protein, 6g fiber, 11% RDA calcium & iron, 253mg potassium.

The modern commercial muffin is a monstrosity, a tall soft cookie, or a kind of cake. It's not a muffin.

</rant>

Had to QFT because pressing the hug button wasn't enough.